Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default Hurricane Prep

For those of us living in hurricane land, the time to plan is now upon us. After having gone through three hurricanes in two years, I have found that your preparations improve a little each time.

Anywho, last year we had just filled up the freezer before Wilma. So we would lose as little as possible, and so I didn't walk through the grocery store grabbing everything non-refrigerated in sight, I actually made a menu for a full week for my family. We had a few choices for breakfast and lunch, and then dinner was based on what we needed to use in the freezer and refrigerator. When I went to the grocery store, all I needed to do was buy a few veggies and cans to round out the meals. When the hurricane hit, we were one of the few families who didn't put on 10 lbs. each eating everything in sight. I decided that a hurricane does not justify buying two bags of Cool Ranch Doritos!

So, since this year I am on LAWL, I have come up with the week of menus not only for the family, but a week of POP meals so that if we are threatened with a hurricane, I just have to shop to the menu.

It's nice feeling like you have some control over something in your life both going into the storm and when you're waiting for the power to come back on, making repairs, etc. and the rest of your life is upside down.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I just thought I'd share.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

That's one of the neatest things I've read. Good for you and what a good way to feel in control of something you can't control much of.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

What a great way to keep the sanity in check!! You can't control mother nature but you can make the best out of it and it sounds like a terrifc way to do it!!
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote