Summer's here and I need a dream!! HELP!

• Hey!

It has been awhile since I have posted. The end of the school year got so busy, but I have been truckin' along with LAWL - albeit slowly. I'm now down 17.2 pounds and feeling much better. I am not a perfect LAWL member, sometimes I do count calories (oops!! But I like my starches, really I do!!) but I try to follow it as closely as I can for as many days in a row as I can. Since the red plan is approximately 1450 calories (without lites), I figure I can't go wrong counting calories here and there.

Okay, here's the problem. Now, with the kids home and the loss of structure, I find myself feeling a little "loosy goosey" about this and not as serious as I need to be. I also find myself falling into the "poor pitiful me" syndrome thinking "I can't have 'nuthin good!"

So, what I need is something to look forward to!! I want to know what ya'll are doing to keep your motivation during the summer!

Also, what happens in stabilization and maintenance? Maybe if I can remind myself, "Hey, don't eat waffle now, you'll get it back (whenever that is)" it might help me stick to my plan more closely.

I don't want to screw this up!!

Thanks,

Andi

P.S. DD is doing really well also. She is down 13 pounds and that was only being halfway serious about it. I think starting high school this year is the push that she needed. Although, she does her fair share of griping about this, too. What teenager wants to be watching her weight, right? She was offered a job by one of our church members who owns a fast food place and she declined. She told him that she couldn't be around french fries all day!
  • Hey Andi, great to hear from you. So glad to see that you and DD are doing so well. My summer motivation is family reunions in August. Gotta be down a couple more sizes by then! Also, we are getting into better fruit and veggie seasons, which I love. I guess also, I love to grill, and what better way to prepare yummy OP meats and veggies? Do you have a goal size? If so, go pick out a pair of jeans in that size and hang them up somewhere that you see them every day. I have a pair of size 5's tacked up on my bedroom wall that are calling my name!! Good luck, don't be a stranger!
  • My motivation is actually not for me at all, but for my boyfriend. He's a little overweight, not as much as me, but all his extra weight has settled on his midsection. Unfortunately, he's glucose intolerant and on the verge of diabetes and last week was diagnosed with a hiatel hernia (Spelling?). He's been told he has to lose 30 lbs this summer if he doesn't want things to get worse. My motivation is to help him get there. He's not on the plan with me, but I am forced to make smaller meals with better food made healthier. He's benefiting from my will power.

Good luck to you! I'm sure it won't be too hard for you to pick out something you really want!