Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning To Everyone!

Just a quick note before I'm off to school Crazy week this week. 2 tests today, 2 Finals tomorrow, 1 final & a presentation on Thursday. (But then I'm done until end of August!) (except for a pharm course over the summer, but that's supposed to be stress free...)

Anyways, this is the 2nd day of TO for me. I hope it works this time!! So much coming up over the summer, I would like to at least be closer to the lower 180's. (Only 10 lbs mini goal, is that really too much to ask??)

Katie - You look AWESOME!! in your little red jeans!! Congratulations on your success thus far!

Well, to all those doing TO and who have WI today.

Congratulations to all the WL losers!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #152  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya chickies and good morning - I'm such a happy little chickie today - Let me tell you why.......hahahah (can you hear just how hyper I am today - I know I will get on everyone's nerves at work - oh well!!!)
Well, I've been really frustrated lately - just with the scale in general - I know that is by far not the only measure of success - as I have preached several times to others, but I also know very well - how frustrating it is when it doesn't move. The trainer has had me doing 90-112 grams of protein daily in order to get my muscle tone up - I can definitely tell it has been working - but the scale was creeping up as well. I was eating good and totally OP foods - just more protein. I figured the gain was either from the extra protein or just the muscle in general - so I TRIED to not worry about it...Tried being the main key word there.....Well I talked to him and he thought I was eating good, but wanted to put me on a lean up plan. So yesterday was my first day - I lost 2.5 lbs in one day -= I was so happy this morning - especially to be a day after heavy weight training - that is excellent for me - On top of that - TOM is totally due in the next 24-48 hours.........So, I just wanted to say to everyone - hopefully I'm back on the right track - not totally foloowing LAWL - but still eating totally on plan foods. I'm going to give this lean up plan 2 weeks and see what happens......as for day 1 - I can say I'm totally estatic!!!

Carmen - Good luck on TO day #2!!! I'm so glad to see you back - Girl don't stay gone that long anymore - I missed you!!! My challenge buddy disappeared on me - and I was sad sad sad....

Katie - How did the weigh in go chickie? YOu are such a motivating girl . I know you're family see's all your success and knows they can do it with you on their side!!! I think you should change your screen name from REPOGirl - to RED HOT!!! hehehehehehe

Barbara -So glad to see that the manager at the COD is working with you. Good luck on the TO - I bet after two days - you will already be back down below that 200 mark!!!! Once you get in the groove - Girl there is no stopping you - so everybody in her path - WATCH OUT!!!!

Sherry - Girl Good luck on those exams!!! Here's sending you lots of A : !!! Wow - TO and all the stress of these tests - you have more willpower than me!!! Whoooo hoooo!!!!

Stacy - Hope your WI after TO goes well today!!! Hope your TO went well!!!

So do I have any friendly competitors up there in Canada for the Stanley Cup Finals - I have to say - I'm so proud of my CANES!!! LET'S GO CANES - LET'S GO CANES!!! I will say that I do hope the Edmenton goalie does get better.
Good luck to all!!!! May the best team win!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 137.4/137.4/126

Good luck on TO ladies! I don't know If I could do that one, but in 2 weeks maybe I will try.
I have been op the past few days - the weekend could have gone better when I swaped fruit for wine, but none of that during the week! I whent to wi yesterday and I am 133.8 on their scale and 131.6 at home naked. I am a little discouraged I am not loosing faster, I started at 137 last Wednesday but I will take it. I just thought on ff it would have been more than 2 pounds.
One thing I don't really agree with lawl about is the sodium thing. I understand that it will make me retain water, but when you drink 10 glasses of water per day unless I am menstrating I should not retain that much water. So she says it effects weight loss, but it effects WATER LOSS. I would rather loose actual fat not water, so if something has a little soduim then so be it. My dh is a doctor and he agrees.
Anyway, I got my bars and bought 6 weeks plus the 12 weeks of stabalization and tried the supplement for energy/appetite control and it seemed to give me a "boost" for the afternoon.
Here is to a POP Day!

Breakfast:
biscotti (1 starch/1 fruit)
Yogurt (1 dairy)
Snack: La Lite
Lunch:5 oz tuna with 2 tsp low fat mayo, 1 tomato, and 1 cup stawberries(1 protein, 1/2 fat, 1 veg,1 fruit)
snack:sugar free jello (condiment)
dinner:4 oz salmon, 1/2 potato,salad,1 cup asparagus (1 protien, 1 starch,2 veggies,& 1/2 fat for the oil on salad)
snack:la lite
WISH ME LUCK FOR THE DAY! I have to get my excersize in!
skinny brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #154  
Princess Heather

ok..woke up this morning and I am up about 4 lbs...not sure what that is about...but I have until Sat to make it disappear again. My body may just be having a hard time in the 260's....it hasn't been there for so long. I was going to start TO yesterday and it didn't happen. I didn't make it to the store. So TO day one today......and hopefully bye bye those unwanted pounds!

I am going out today for the first time with the boys alone! Wish me luck...usually I am home all day and my husband and I take the boys out in the evening....you know strength in numbers thing...LOL. But the 6 month old has a doctor's appointment today and so off we will go. I know you moms out there are probably laughing at me now....but I have to say with the two of them there are moments I am totally overwhelmed! It's hard trying to figure out what the baby is going to do...one day he eats every six hours and sleeps in between...the next he wants to eat ever two hours and not sleep in between. I am hoping his doctor can give me some direction today and maybe get him on a regular schedule....one that includes sleeping through the night. He got up about 3:30 am and went back to bed at 5 and is still asleep at 9:40 this morning......don't get me wrong..I'm not complaining...it's just still an adjustment for all of us. DFS#1 would still like it if DFS#2 wasn't here...but he is adjusting just like my DH and I are! Well off to clean up breakfast! Later chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #155  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Heather, don't get discouraged! I awoke last week at 194 when I was supposed to be at 192 and got upset, but when I thought it over I realized I had had 4 salty meals in a row and half a glass of wine. AND, I skipped my veggies one of those days, to save the calories, but I know the veggies help with water retention and my body needed them. I stayed POP (well, for ME) for the next day and now I'm down to 190, on track again. (And happy!) By the way, hot lemon water DID NOT work for me (and I was glad, because boy was it NASTY! I hate lemon). I pee all the time anyway. The lemon made no difference whatsoever, for me.

So, revisit your last few days. Extra salt? TOM? Something is kicking up your water retention. Don't give up and you'll do just fine. (Although if you begin to cheat too much like I did throughout May you'll notice quite a stall.)

I don't mean to insult your intelligence; I realize you probably know all this. I just don't want you to be discouraged!

Good luck! We're rooting for you!

Last edited by missy_j; 06-06-2006 at 10:10 AM.
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #156  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hi all,
I head to weigh-in at lunch time today - wish me luck, everyone!! I'm having a little yogurt and lemon water for breakfast - YUM!! :-) I just want to see that scale at the COD drop. Have a great day all.

Heather - good job, girl! I can tell how psyched you are - go get 'em, and keep it up.

Katie - awesome red jeans, and they don't even look tight. You are a true inspiration.

Heather the Candle Princess - and, no I'm not laughing with you. I am smiling in remembrance. Those little ones just don't do what we want them to, when we want them to. Hang in there, of course it will all regulate. AND, I know that if you've stayed on plan those 4 lbs are just a fluke. I do think that sometimes our bodies say - "Whoa, what are you doing to me?" and try to return to what they think is 'normal' - it's happened to me many times. Good luck at the DR.

Rachelle - AMEN! I couldn't have said it better! Perspective on what's important in our lives and why we are doing this does make it easier! Thanks for reminding me.

OK, off to a 'FUN' manager's meeting, (I will not let them make me crabby! ) ...
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #157  

Heather- What does this lean up plan contain? Your attitude is contagious and after a weekend of eating ALL WRONG i am about do it all RIGHT! Thanks for the encouragement... It wasnt in your plans but it did get to me!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #158  

Purple -- What is the lean diet that he put you on. My health club gave me another session with a PT I have to schedule still. Its hard because school is out soon and my workout schedule will be reduced to weekends and Wed/Thurs nights -- should be interesting; I have to repeat myself and say its amazing how good you feel after your workouts; I've been doing about 30 minutes of weight training, and now at least 30 minutes of cardio / swimming -- but wondering on the lean diet what that woudl be.

CAndle princess -- 260's were very very very hard for me -- I've been stuck at 259 - 262 for 7 weeks. I'm hoping very much that this reduction of food (the counselor moved me to the purple, but I add an extra 2 of any items - ususally a P or S since I dont do lites) will show tomorrow morning on the scale; I think I will cry if it doesnt.

Off to take my little one swimming
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #159  
PurpleSunshine

SKIPPER - You go girl - Good luck at WI!!!! Sending lots of Loss : your way!!! Skipper - hope that meeting isn't too terribly boring!!!

HeatherCP - I totally agree w/ Missy - I'm sure it is water from retention for some reason like TOM or some extra sodium!!! I totally wasn't laughing b/c I know how difficult it is to take out just one sometimes - much less 2!! - So good luck!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #160  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Heather YAY, YAY & YAY for you I’m so happy things are working out well with your trainer and your finally seeing results. I would be interested also what he has you doing that is making the scale finally move in the right direction. It’s nice to read how happy you are, you deserve it I’m proud of you. Thanks for the added encouragement I sure need it. I felt good today my morning WI went from 198 to 195.8 this morning and that’s just from eating on plan yesterday. Sure funny how that can work if your not eating like a little Piggy like I have been Hey I’ve made it my first 2 hours on TO I’ll check in later and let you all know how I’m doing. Have a great day off to get some work done.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 06-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #161  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hey, Heather Sunshine! Glad things are moving in the right direction on the scale. I know we all say, it isn't the scale that matters, our clothes fit better, I am gaining muscles, etc.... but golly, it's hard to believe it ourselves, huh!

Barb - you can do this, lady! I haven't done a TO since I started in February either. Nice to see you still have a keyboard! You'll be back in onederland real soon. Nice that the mgr at the COD is working so closely with you.

Sue'68 - did they say you could sub 2 of ANYTHING since you aren't doing the lites? ODD! I stopped doing the lites and they gave me an extra half protien and a starch. hmmmmmm

Heather CP - I remember those days - I did the grocery shopping at 10:00 at night, so I didn't have to load up both kids and try to maintain some semblance of sanity while I was out. Motherhood is the greatest amnesiac I know. We forget the potty training, the 2:00 feedings, the colic, the hassle of two baby carriers, 2 different size diapers.... ahhhhhh, those were the days! HA! You've done so well since you came back to the fold - don't let this little blip in the scale discourage you. It'll be gone in no time!

I made BBQ ribs last night (both kids have been yammering about them for weeks...) and just let me say bleeeechhhhhh. That whole big wad of grease was just sitting in my belly all night. For some strange reason, the home scale is DOWN a half a pound this morning too (and into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!) I have GOT to have the oddest body on here!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #162  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all! Just got DH fed and off to work, me fed, and the kids fed. It's funny, but I got a new baby yesterday at daycare, she is 8 weeks, and so tiny and cute, but I never get to feed her. I have little girls lining up and fighting over who gets to feed her. My 5 year old DD is so motherly. Anyways, my DH is really getting serious about this Biggest Loser challenge. Last night after the kiddos went to sleep, we went on a huge bike ride. Thank goodness for grandma across the street. By the time we got home, my poor legs were just wobbling. Tonight he wants to go even farther! Last night it was 40 minutes, tonight he is looking at an hour. Oh man, this better help! I am a little bloated, partly from tummy trouble, partly from PMS, but I am having one of those fat days. I am getting so impatient. I am going to write my newsletter this morning. I will have you guys proof it for me later. DH thinks that LAWL should hire me to be a motivational speaker for their clients, and a trainer for their staff. You know, fly me all over the country motivating and inspiring. What a cool job that would be, huh?

BTW, what you guys were saying about food addiction has me written all over it. I know exactly what you are saying. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone on that. I used to eat in secret. I guess sometimes I still do. Lucky for me, I get so much food on this plan that I can usually eat something OP when I feel like self medicating. Those times are getting much fewer and farther in between, too. Have a great OP day every one!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #163  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Go Lori, go Lori, go go go Lori! ONEDERLAND!!!! You made it!!!! Hooray for you lady!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #164  

Pls help! Where do i find knudsen juice?
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #165  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

I'm back, 2 for 2, and on the 2nd day of TO as well. So far so good.

HeatherPP - I am SO sorry for bailing. That won't happen again. I should have let you and Kristi know what was going on. Don't me, okay?

Lori - Congrats on ONEderland. Way To GO!!!!!!

Here's to you all!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote