Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 144.8/121/140.6

hi all!
I'm in my second week. I really don't feel much of a difference in my weight. I've only lost 3 lbs total. I've really been sticking to the plan. Today a counselor told me that I need to stick to one of the menu options 1, 2, or 3 where they categorize your meals and snacks. (I'm on gold plan). I had eaten (2) fruits for breakfast on one day. So she told me I HAD TO stick to the menu. She put me on a "Maximum weight loss" option:
Breakfast: S, Fr, D
Mid AM: LA Lite
Lunch: P, V, Fr
Mid PM: LA Lite
Dinner: P, V, V, S
Fruit
Fat

Anybody else doing that?
faraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #137  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Default Did anyone watch TLC last night about the Gastric Bypass patients?

SO, hubby and I watched TLC last night which showcased these people who are considered Super Morbidly Obese and their struggles with weightloss.
It really helped me to put my issues with the scale into perspective...
I've been struggling with my weight for the last few years and being very lazy about it. It was only until very recently when I got serious and decided to TRULY make a change in my lifestyle and ironically, that's when I started seeing results - go figure???

Well, I was just sort of, ummmm humbled by this program because, it's one thing to deal with 20, 30 even 60 additional lbs but, I've never imagined what it must be like to be immobilized by being overfat. I've never considered what life must be like for those struggling with their weight in a life or death situation. It made me really think about how much I need to remain firm in my lifestyle choices because I'm sure at some point in their struggle those people wish they had done something when it was 20, 30 or 60lbs to lose rather than hundreds and now they can't even leave their houses.
It made me consider that although I call this battle of the bulge my "****" there are people in this world with much larger weight issues and that I should count my lucky stars that I woke up when I did rather than remaining the way that I was and becoming a potential threat to my own life by developing diabetes or joint issues or worse.

I just never considered how lucky we are here to have support, determination and the courage to change now before it gets even harder.

What a wake up call for me that was.
~Rachelle
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #138  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

April, I've never heard of that! As far as I knew it was a recommendation and nothing more! Hmmmmmmmmm
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #139  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalChic
Thanks Girl! We are going to a resort close to Cancun, Mexico. I'll be MIA for at least two weeks. Wish me luck!

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAVE A BLAST!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #140  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies
hi all!
I'm in my second week. I really don't feel much of a difference in my weight. I've only lost 3 lbs total. I've really been sticking to the plan. Today a counselor told me that I need to stick to one of the menu options 1, 2, or 3 where they categorize your meals and snacks. (I'm on gold plan). I had eaten (2) fruits for breakfast on one day. So she told me I HAD TO stick to the menu. She put me on a "Maximum weight loss" option:
Breakfast: S, Fr, D
Mid AM: LA Lite
Lunch: P, V, Fr
Mid PM: LA Lite
Dinner: P, V, V, S
Fruit
Fat

Anybody else doing that?
That should help, especially with less weight to lose. Cute avatar
Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyj
Repo--
Have you heard of Janet Evanowich's books about a main character named Stephanie Plum?
I think you (or any of you) would like them....they are hilarious! and very easy reading. The first novel is called ONE FOR THE MONEY.
I LOVE this series!!!! I can't help but giggle when I eat canolli's!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #142  
banned

Katie- you look adorable in those leggings! Love the updated avatars.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #143  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Amen Rachelle, I watched that last night too and i was thinking the same thing- you just put it into words so eloquently
I was thinking that that could be me if I did not do this. I could so much relate to their reasons for overeating.
I thought the best part was when the guy said that it is like any other addiction except that you can't ever give up eating- it is not like cocaine or alcohol or cigarettes where you just stay away- you have to eat to live, so it is an almost impossible addiction to get under control.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #144  

Hi everyone!
Today is my last TO day and I thinkI have done pretty well. I am going to drink some lemon water tonight and again in the morning and weigh in tomorrow before lunch. I plan to eat only a yogurt and some water before weigh in!
Hope you all are fine!

POP days for us!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #145  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Default It just made me think...

It just made me think about how I don't have any real reasons for being overweight other than sheer laziness and my love for food. I mean, some eat for comfort or boredom or even depression-I eat 'cause I love to eat. I love to taste food and I know that I don't move my bum enough. Until recently that is...
I don't want to say that I pittied them, nobody wants to be pittied but, I just suddenly empathized and I don't think I ever did that before. It just made me want to keep going and know that I am worth being heathly. My family is worth me living as long as I can.

We are all worthy of healthy and fullfilling lives. Life can be tuff enough without having to deal with the added pressures of a weight situation. I'm glad we are all doing something about it now.

~Rachelle
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #146  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Skipper congrats on getting through your TO and losing 2.5 lbs. I agree the weekend would be hard. I agree it sure is a process and I have to just tell myself why I’m doing this in the first place. Thanks for your feed back and I know we both can do this.

WOW Katie you look great, yes the pic is small, but you can still tell you’ve lost a lot. You are looking really good. Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Have fun at your Family’s biggest loser weigh in and hope it goes well.

Well I had my meeting with the manager at the center and she is so down to earth. First she wrote out some great suggestions for me. She also wants me to do TO which I’ve never done, but I don’t feel I should tell her no when she is trying to help me. I told her I’m going to be starving these next couple of days. I’ve read so many stories on here I’m not sure what to think of it. I didn’t have to pay for it, since I didn’t do it in the beginning. She also gave me 4 different lites to try and is going to allow me to buy them still at the $99 price. She basically is planning to work very close with me and I like that. I went to the gym and asked a lot of questions. He is going to give me a week free to start. I’m excited, but also nervous about TO. They are also going to be having ½ the program again and my DD is thinking of joining. I would also get ½ off of products I choose to buy. Well I’m going to go figure out what I can eat tonight and prepare my chicken for tomorrow. Also since I'm going by night time WI's now I'm going to change my tickler even higher. I'm so bummed I allowed myself to get back over 200, but I'm going to continue to try harder. Have a great night.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 06-05-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #147  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barb- Good luck with TO, I am sure you will be fine. Don't fret, you will back down below the 200 mark in a couple of days. You have done so well, and I know that you can jump back in with your plan and do great. Have a good night!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #148  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Barb- Good luck with TO, I am sure you will be fine. Don't fret, you will back down below the 200 mark in a couple of days. You have done so well, and I know that you can jump back in with your plan and do great. Have a good night!
Thanks Katie I appreciate your kind words. I'll let you know how I ended up doing when I WI on Wed. You have a good night also. I'll try and post tomorrow, that's if I don't end up eating my keyboard etc
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #149  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haha, don't worry, you won't. Just don't forget sf gum, mints, coffee and tea. That will get you through.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #150  

On the TLC show -- I often wonder why I am overweight -- I have been overweight my entire life .. I think in 1990 I got to my lowest of 160 and then it just went up from there . .. My poor husband he met me in 1990 and had no idea lol.

I know people say you are overweight for a reason, but I cant figure that one out -- I think I just love food -- its an addiction; Funny how typing it out makes it more "real" ~ true confessions.

So far this week I have been very good, but often there are times that I just feel that this is my last chance to have this food, or in the past, whenever I went shopping it was okay to grab a bag of candy, or container of pringles .. but I would never let anyone see . . .. This hasnt happened in a while but I struggle to understand why I have those feelings.

I wish I caught that show -- I know they repeat alot, I hope to catch it on re-runs. I do have to say that exercise is addictive as well. Every day I think about what I can work on tomorrow -- Even though my scale is stuck,I can notice it on my body more and more each day . .. especially in my legs (they feel very strong) and in my butt -- but gosh I want to move my tickler below!!!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote