Originally Posted by Jessica6897
It just seems like there are soooo many different diets out there that I'd have no idea where to start. Plus I don't like to be deprived of any certain food group.
I do take a appetite suppressant called Lipo 6 which has helped greatly with my food intake but I'm truly eating better when I do eat.
I'm not saying anything is wrong with other diets, hey if it works for you awesome...but is anyone else changing their lifestyle the old fashioned way?
I think there are a lot of 3FC who are watching what they eat without deprivation of a certain food group.. I made a list for you...
1. people who are doing there own plan.. or tweaking a plan
2. lots of calorie counters... some following a published plan.. others on their own
3. Mediterranean Chicks.. very sensible lifestyle
4. Sonoma.. though it does limit certain things especially some things completely cut out temporarily.. I wouldn't label it deprivation.
5. Weight watchers..
6. I am sure there are many more... most importantly some plans appear as if they deprive entire groups of foods.. yet if it is working and maintainable and healthy... I doubt people who follow them feel deprived.
Then again.. I can think of a food group that is cut out in most every plan.. junk food. Our definition of that would vary of course but it must be limited.
I pay attention to what I eat.. I don't count calories. It works for me.
Ah, another thing most of us have in common is our exercise.. regardless of what we decide to eat.. we need to move our behinds.
August DAILY goals
Total points 3.5/24
30 min yoga or pilates or ball
30 min of rigorous cardio interval training
30 min of flex time: cardio or weight training or intensive functional exercise
I didn't lose
weight. I burned up