3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Alcohol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/84909-alcohol.html)

PinkHibiscus 05-20-2006 09:28 PM

Alcohol

Ok, so I am a newbie here and fairly new to LA Weight Loss as well. I have only been on plan 5 weeks. My question concerns low carb/low calorie drinks such as vodka, gin and low carb beers

Now I know what my purple plan says. 1 oz of hard alcohol counts as 1 s and 12 oz of beer counts as 1 s. I am wondering if I am safer to drink the lower carb/calorie alcohols vs the higher ones? The reason I ask, is because my birthday is coming up soon, and I want to be able to drink enough to get a decent buzz! I have not drank at all since joining LA Weight Loss.

Does anyone out there have any advice on these kind of drinks or how the weight loss centers feel about starch to calorie ratio? One peice of bread might be 100 calories while another might be 80. So I get confused. Hope I explained all of this clearly enough! I did a search on this and was unable to troll thru the 60 plus pages at this time. Thanks! :?:

Boo'sMom 05-20-2006 09:41 PM

I started Dec 30th and have had about a half a margarita after 3 months and it sure didn't take much--the first time in my life I couldn't even finish 1 drink!! I plan to have rum w/ diet coke next week (my b-day, too) and feel okay with that choice. They say "girly" drinks are the worst (daqs, coladas, margaritas, etc) . So think whiskey and diet soda, water, etc.. Happy Birthday! And welcome to the boards. I know for bread we were told to stick to 35-45 calories per slice.

smokepole 05-21-2006 03:54 PM

I was told 40=60 calories equaled 1 starch bread wise. Don't know if that helps or not. So if I dont have diet bread I cut a regular one in half. Yesterday I tried a flat bread..1 grm carb and 120 calories. So half was only 60 and as large as a piece of bread, or more.

Rachy 05-21-2006 05:01 PM

Lemon Drops!

Every Sat. night hubby and I have a few drinks together. Lately, I've been only able to stand ONE and I make Lemon Drops. They are Carb, Sugar, Sodium and Fat FREE.

2 shots Lemon Vodka
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp Splenda

Add to a shaker with some ice and pour into a martini glass, ENJOY!!

They don't seem to effect my weightloss and I DO count them as my carbs for the day so, I guess the trick is to balance the drinks out and make em count. ALSO, that night and all the next day I DROWN my insides with WATER. GALLONS OF IT.

~Rachelle

smokepole 05-21-2006 05:05 PM

Sounds good!

Repo girl 05-21-2006 06:29 PM

YUM! That lemon drop sounds amazing!

PinkHibiscus 05-21-2006 06:51 PM

No kidding thats exactly what I need! Thank u!!