3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Nsv!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/84855-nsv.html)

vibrantecho 05-19-2006 11:53 PM

Nsv!!!!

Hey again chicks! I had the BEST day today and y'all were the only people I could think of besides DH who would REALLY understand and :cheer: for me!

I went shopping this afternoon for a new suit for a conference I'm going to in two weeks; first stop - Lane Bryant. Turns out they Clearanced all their career wear and won't have anything new in til fall!! :tantrum: Thankfully my mall has both a Sears and a JCPenney, I figure ONE of them should have something moderately workable.

Sears...notsomuch (everything was skirts, and I needed pants).

So I head over to JCPenney - and in a nod to the reality that is my body, head straight down to the "Women's" (aka Plus Size) department. Everything there is either UGLY or the wrong size. :tantrum: :tantrum: So I head back upstairs to the Misses department, not particularly hopeful but figuring if I can't find a suit, I can go cheer myself up in the One-Size-Fits-All department...aka the makeup counter. :D

I find the suits section and to my surprise, discover that pretty much all the styles go up to size 18...this looks more promising than I hoped! So I start pulling jackets off hangers and trying them on...finding a flattering jacket cut is the hard part. I find myself with TWO jackets that I really like, both in 18s, so I grab the hangers with the pants and head for the dressing room, totally prepared for the worst - I have narrow shoulders and a quite a lot going on in the hip-butt-thigh region, so my bottom half is almost always a size larger than my top half, which means that the 18 pants that go with the jackets probably won't fit.

Then, to my UTTER SHOCK, the pants for the first suit are TOO BIG!!! :eek: And of course the jacket is too - apparently the jeans I was wearing distributed my tummy in a funny way that made the jacket fit tighter than over the trousers. So I go back out - SHAKING with nerves, mind you - and pray that there's a 16 on the rack, which there is. AND IT FITS!!

And there you have it - *I* am wearing a Misses 16 for the first time in FIVE YEARS!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :woo: :hyper: :woo: :hyper: The suit wasn't a PERFECT fit...I'm determined to shave off two pounds in the next week which should make all the difference (I have noticed that I lose inches from my hips and thighs first) and I have a body shaper in reserve if all else fails. I still can't believe it. NO MORE LANE BRYANT FOR ME!!!!!!!!! Someone throw me a party!!! :lol:

Sue1968 05-20-2006 12:25 AM

~*~*~*~* CONGRATULATIONS ~*~*~*~**~~*~*

From someone who hasnt worn < size 20 in a long long long time, I can only imagine how great that felt! Way to go!!

I wouldnt know what it was like to shop in a regular store vs. plus .. ..

Congratulations!!!

deetsmom 05-20-2006 12:35 AM

Woo Hoo- Terrific!!!!

bep 05-20-2006 12:46 AM

Man oh man....I can only imagine how incredible that felt!!!! I can't wait to get there too! Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!!!

StargazerJMK 05-20-2006 01:00 AM

Fiona CONGRATS! :woo: :cheer: I'm now down a size as well. AND as of tonight only 2 pounds from my half way mark!!!!!:cheer:

aggie2006 05-20-2006 03:48 AM

thats awesome! the way you tell your story is quite funny, how you ran to the rack with nervousness :rofl: congrats on the NSV...you have reached a new era of shopping...wooohooo...

slowlyshrinking 05-20-2006 07:22 AM

Whoopee! :carrot: :hug: :carrot: Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how that sneaks up on you? :D Way to go! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

smokepole 05-20-2006 09:11 AM

I'm new to the board, Fiona, but I loved your story!!. Congratulations.

stiesta 05-20-2006 09:27 AM

You deserve it, sister! Shake that booty in your new fine looking suit! :carrot:

Boo'sMom 05-20-2006 10:06 AM

Party for Fiona!! Congrats on the new suit but especially the new size and department!

Misti in Seattle 05-20-2006 10:12 AM

Oh wow that is terrific!!! Makes all your hard work worth it for that one moment of discovery, doesn't it? <G> Not to mention all the times afterward when you get to enjoy wearing your new suit!!!
:cheers:

MTdebster921 05-20-2006 10:06 PM

Yay Fiona,
What an awesome NSV. Enjoy it!!!

vibrantecho 05-21-2006 09:01 AM

Thanks, guys! It's nice to be understood. Of course my DH is happy for me, but I don't think even he truly understands the significance of this.

I'll tell you what else, though - this is going to make shopping for a dress for DSIL's (that would be DH's DS) wedding next month MUCH more fun!!! :dancer:

PinkHibiscus 05-21-2006 04:59 PM

New to the boards Fiona....and so happy for you! What a great feeling to come sneaking up on u! IT IS ALL WORTH IT!! Right on sista!:bravo:

CafeAmericain 05-22-2006 06:20 PM

WOW!! Fiona, that's a GREAT story! Congratulations! :)