Old 05-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #1  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Cool Fitday

I don't know who got me onto this site-but it's totally addictive and I'm only on day 2-it's got so many cool features.

I was feeling a bit guilty for adding an extra dairy yesterday-until I checked my calories eaten vs caloried burned. I ate a little about 1650 and burned 3000-cool. Anyway-I've been really hungry the last couple of weeks-every since I joined the gym (working out about 3-5hrs a week there) and our long training walks on the weekends are up to anywhere from 10-13 mi (minimum 4-5hrs). Plus I have a couple of shorter walks during the week. If I do everything I plan (and am supposed) to do-I'm exercising over 10 hrs a week. I'm thinking I need to bump up to red plus if I continue to be hungry at nite. I'm not losing very quickly right now (but I haven't been POP either). Then again-if I bump up my food maybe I won't be giving into cravings when I get really hungry . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That is a lot of exercise. You are gonna be so ready for your marathon. Wish we could all be there to cheer you on at the finish line! Maybe your should bump up. What does your center say?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

check the challenge thread for the great wisdom of my COD
Old 05-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  
Katie

Aha, I see. I wonder if any of those ladies could walk for 8 hours at a time. I am doubting it. I cannot believe they would blow off that much EXERCISE. Sometimes....hmmm. Did you do the math problem that Carmen posted?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

yeah-over in the other thread. Guess I shouldn't have started a new thread huh? This is getting confusing . . .
Old 05-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #6  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Its fine, we can keep up! Your COD should be shot with some smart bullets. That's ridiculous. I'd bump up for a week or so.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #7  

I too started to record on fitday -- I love that site! First, it makes you more accountable with counting and seeing the extra calories. I also journal about how I feel, what exercise I did, etc, so when I go into the center and have a good / bad week, I can look back and reflect why.

Here is my ? -- how many calories should you be on? It looks like I'm at least 1500 calories, but I think thats alot. I'm trying to stay OP as mucha s possible, but some days I just feel like I'm on the go 24/7. I have three children and they keep me busy!

This week I exercised every day; Monday swimming, Tuesday weight training / cross trainer, Wed treadmill 40 minutes and today swimming / water arobics (while my youngest swam) for about 60 minutes. I have no idea how I will do at WI tomorrow (I was going to try a circuit training class).

I have been exercising more and eating smaller meals (I cant tell you the last time I had rice and meat or potatoe with chicken - my center said not to have starch with dinners) .. and I'm still stuck where I am. I just hope my metabolism kicks in soon .. because its fustrating being stuck at the same # ...
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #8  
Katie

Sue- Are you on red plus?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

jm~ my center told me walking is exercise, as long as it doesnt involve your usual day to day routine....you said yourself that your heart rate is in the target zone...thats enough info for me to consider that exercise! go in there explain again exactly what type of exercise you are doing and that it is exercise...10hrs is a lot of work! you definantely need more fuel...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:08 AM   #10  

Yes -- I'm on red plus.

Going to try and get my courage up and do that circuit training -- it scares me but who knows that might be what I need; however I weigh in 40 minutes after the class is over . .. sigh

Weird thing is happening-- Im having this weird feeling / sound in my stomach -- oh how sad to figure its my stomach growling ... ... havnt had that happen in a long time ..
Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Sue- I thought with red plus the calorie range was somewhere in the 1800-2000 range depending on your choices. On regular red I've been averaging around 1500-1600. This is just my best guess though. I really think 1500 is too low if you're actually following the red plus plan. Maybe you choice all the lowest calorie choices though . . . Do you do lites?

Oh-and a stomach growl is a GOOD thing in my book . . .I love it when i wake up hungry-means I did well the day before. Honestly, my stomach never used to growl-means i was eating way too much!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #12  

Well I do tend to think I go on the lower calorie choices ... I"m trying to stay away from the heavy breads

ouch .. 2000 calories .. I would feel like I"m eating forever. So my new goal is to wake with my stomach growling .. its sad that its been so long since I've felt that .
Old 05-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

well i read on the other thread that you aren't doing the lites-that does make a big calorie difference-1S, 1D, and 1F don't come even close to equaling the approx 340 calories you would get from the lites . . . .If you're following the plan you're fine-I definately think that 1500 is not too much . . .
Old 05-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #14  

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index.html
try this fitday girls..i love it,...it bases all calculation on your height, weight, and gender...it has all foods i can think of, all exercises as well as day to day activities i can think of...it calculated how long it will take you to weigh a certain weight, and reverse, what you need to deficit in calories to lose the weight,..all based on your #....and it calculates, BMR, BMI and it does this funny thing, it tell you if you continue on the path of weightloss with a certain deficit daily, you will weigh nothing in X amount of time...its funny...it will take me 17months to weigh nothing if i deficit in 1000 calories daily...i think its hilarious...
Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #15  

only bad thing is you cant track it like you can track on fitday, but its a fun thing to do, and if youre not sure what doing an activity is losing caloricaly, you can get an idea