T.O. Question

• Hey All, first off congrats to all who have lost.

I'm STRUGGLING here. One week I take it off then the next I put it back on. This is getting depressing.

I'm doing Take Off today and tomorrow. How well has this worked for any of you who have done it?
  • Joan _I think it works differently for everybody - other than my first TO - I don't seem to have a lot of luck - but others are different - I think it has to do with your body balance and metabolism - I've found lately - I get very weak and shaky - maybe due to low blood sugar??? I don't plan on doing TO for awhile, but I know others have wonderful success - Carmen, Norissa, Katie, and others....hopefully they can comment and help you out -

Good luck -
  • Quote: Joan _I think it works differently for everybody - other than my first TO - I don't seem to have a lot of luck - but others are different - I think it has to do with your body balance and metabolism - I've found lately - I get very weak and shaky - maybe due to low blood sugar??? I don't plan on doing TO for awhile, but I know others have wonderful success - Carmen, Norissa, Katie, and others....hopefully they can comment and help you out -

Good luck -
    Thanks. I appreciate the input. I'm going to give it a go. The center "gave" me enough LA Lite bars (I don't normally do the bars) to get me through this and actually told me to eat 1/8 of a cantalope 4 times a day instead of the juice. So, I'm giving it a shot.

Surprisingly, the 2 oz of protien and the 1/8 canalope plus the bar has kept me full and here it is almost noon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I REALLY need to jump start this thing.
    sigh...
  • to be honest the limited TO doest work for me, the one you did with the bars...i do unlimited, and i get results, im pretty sure it has to do with the carbs...once my body lacks them it loses quickly...i hope you have better luck with the weight loss, its tough, i fall of the wagon often too...but you have come a long way...what keeps me motivated is exercise, the way things fit, and the way i feel when i eat on plan....i hate the heavy feeling of eating too many carbs...heatherPP said her trainer has her put on a tight fitting dress to start, then keep putting it only weekly or biweekly for motivation, i think its a great idea...maybe thats the motivation you need not a number on a scale...i started at 208 and im at 176, pretty much where you are, so i feel your pain...think about what 204 felt like, and what 172 feels like....even if you dont gain thats an accomplishment, think of it that way, 37pds is like a elementary school kid your no longer carrying around...
  • Well, if MY scale is any indication this morning, I just WASTED two days. According to my scale I've put on a half a pound. This is getting REALLY depressing.

Seems like there's some sort of mental block that I can't get to my half way point. I'm really about to give up.
  • Joan - I'm unsure about the effectiveness of TO as well. I did lose a bunch of weight during the past 3 weeks of the challenge, and i do feel that TO contributed to it. I usually see the best results from TO after the first day of eating OP after TO. Try weighing again in the morning and let us know what you see.

Don't be discouraged. I know its easier said than done. But know that we are all going through this WL journey together, and as long as you don't give up you are still wayyy ahead of the curve. Hugs and to you!
  • I'm with you Carmen, if we keep plugging away, we will see the benefits, even if it takes a while. DON'T give up Joan, you have way too far for that!!!
  • I am having the exact same problem. I did TO and gained! I am just 4 pounds away from my half-way point and I just can't seem to get there. I must confess though that I haven't been POP...it's becoming harder and harder to stick with it. I'm not giving up though...I absolutely refuse to put back any of this weight. Not this time!
  • Hey radio girl, we haven't seen you in a while. You will get there, I know how frustrating it is when you stall out for a while though.
  • Quote: Joan - I'm unsure about the effectiveness of TO as well. I did lose a bunch of weight during the past 3 weeks of the challenge, and i do feel that TO contributed to it. I usually see the best results from TO after the first day of eating OP after TO. Try weighing again in the morning and let us know what you see.

Don't be discouraged. I know its easier said than done. But know that we are all going through this WL journey together, and as long as you don't give up you are still wayyy ahead of the curve. Hugs and to you!

Chklithunder, THANKS. I went to Weigh In and I'd only lost a pound. Not terribly encouraging since last week I was down 31 pounds today only 29. I'll take your advice and see what tomorrow brings. I sure hope something starts moving again soon.
  • Quote: I am having the exact same problem. I did TO and gained! I am just 4 pounds away from my half-way point and I just can't seem to get there. I must confess though that I haven't been POP...it's becoming harder and harder to stick with it. I'm not giving up though...I absolutely refuse to put back any of this weight. Not this time!

Radio, thats EXACTLY where I'm at. I'm 17 weeks into this and STILL not at the half way point. I think Thats what's so depressing.

Maybe we should buddy up on this one...
  • What's T.O. mean?
    I'm pretty slick with the jargon on here but haven't yet come across this term. HELP!

~Rachelle
  • TO refers to the "take off" juice that they have you at the beginning and then every 2 weeks after if you want...some call it the fast forward drink, but around here it's TO