Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #121  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Boo- You may want to cut back on carrots. I hate them so I rarely eat them, but I know on some diets they are grouped together with corn and squash and peas as vegetables to stay away from because they have too many carbs.
Also, I only count my dressing as a fat if it is full fat dressing. Fats are the hardest thing to get in for me. I usually do ground flax or nuts.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #122  

Does anyone ever eat fuller-fat cheese or regular salad dressing and count that as a fat? I know the sodium in cheese is bad.

I also know I'm worried about getting enough dairy and fiber on Gold....if you choose the dairy proteins (cottage cheese anyone?), and fiber morning cereal for your starches, it gets sort of boring. (We should get 25 g. of fiber day.) HOW are you all getting fiber? Besides Colonix, LOL that's a whole other topic

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:02 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

heatherPP~ thanks for the caloric intake counter, very helpful

deets~ your metabolism slows down when it gets used to a way of eating...you can up your physical activity to get it moving, or do what heatherPP said...switch it up, do one day a week high carbs and high proteins...or add something to fool your body...everyweek atleast once, i say tomorrow go have a big mac with fries and a milk shake, thats over 1000cals, plus bkfst and dinner...go all out...i bet you will fool your body then!...your at goal so im not sure why you want to lose more...unless you have gained a little, but dont you think maybe this is the weight your supposed to be at and your body is fighting with you as your fighting with it...maybe maintenance is the choice for you at this point...everyone has a weight their body is comfortable at...maybe this is yours...if you want to appear slimmer, maybe its time to do some weights and tone up...maybe there isnt much more to lose rather tone...

i wrote that before reading what sznn wrote, and i agree with the zigzag method!

slimmerkim~ im with you, i need to eat every 2 hrs...yous stomach rids foods especially the healthy kinds were eating in 90min! so 2hrs is accurate why your hungry...drink lots of beverages and save your fruits and maybe some veggies for snacks and try eating them before you actuallly get hungry to prevent overeating...thats my method...it keeps me on plan...if i wait til im starving, i will eat the whole fridge...

boo~ your food outline is a typical day for me...but if i went to the COD w/o a loss with that they would tell me no fruit in the eve, and lay off the carrots...i love carrots too, but they swear by it that they have too much carb/sugar...and i say add some oil to your veggies, or meats...or eat some fatty cream cheese or some penut butter...that 120cals your missing out on! the oil your allowed is equivalent to 120cals!

rebeca~ thanks for the encouragement...im back on track...nice way you handled the smoothie situation...i dont get it,..why the heck are people always pushing you to eat...this sux...you got to get up on top of your desk and do a speach "NO MORE FOOD MY WAY PEOPLE!!" hehe...maybe they'll get it then...keep us posted on SIL progress..im curious to see if it works for her...

Happy tuesday to ALL! good luck to those doing TO! MILCA....OH NO, DORITOS!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:49 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Boo - I was always told no fruit later in the evening. They want me to try to get all of my fruit in by 4 p.m. As far as fat, I know the choices are limited. But if I eat a salad at school, I count my dressing as my fat (because it's not FF). If I need a fat at other times, then I will (usually) get in (regular) cream cheese on celery. (actually, that's a fat and V)
You have come so far already. Even if you take the foods you already have, and just switch the time of day that you eat them. I also agree with somebody else (sorry, forgot who) about eating a couple higher point things in a day to throw your body off track.
You can do this!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #125  

I like that salad spritzer and really liked it too. My COD mentioned throwing some nuts on my salad. YUM! They are good on there--I miss croutons, gives it some crunchy taste.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #126  
Princess Heather

Pink: I eat regular fat everything...just in moderation. I am one of the weird people who believe that low fat and reduced fat aren't good for you. I honestly believe that if you take the fat out of something you replace it with something processed, and I have yet to understand how that could be better for you. I am still losing doing this, but I don't eat the real stuff everyday either. I'm a southren girl and I can't imagine life without butter, real butter.

I watched a show on TLC last night about school lunches. I work in a school and think the biggest disservice we are doing to our children is feeding them school lunches, and having vending machines in the school. Anyway on this show Chef Jamie Oliver was trying to make a healthy meal that kids would eat on a very low school budget. It was sad to see soooooooo many kids that wouldn't eat something because it had veggies in it...or regular chicken and wasn't a hamburger or fries! It was amazingly sad, but so true!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #127  
PurpleSunshine

Deets I think the zig zag plan may just be what your body needs. Sounds like you have programmed it very well and now you need to confuse it a little bit!!! Good LUck girlfriend - if anybody can accomplish it - you can!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #128  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Thanks for all the advice--I will work harder at getting my fat in. No shake today--I am eating supper with the family! Less carrots will kill me--they are the only veg I really like--and they are so convenient! I had a small breakdown this morning--my scale was up .6--and you saw what I had yesterday!--my poor DH, but he is clueless--he cheated his butt off and is already on stabilization so what does he know about it? I am still OP today but no shake and tomorrow (after WI) we are going out. I know this is unnecessary stress and probably preventing me from losing, too. I really am sorry to be such a whiner. I think tomorrow I will insist they call the nutritionist or something--I am tired of them "guessing" every week.

Everyone have a great one--my first grade class (sub) is supposed to have their baby chicks hatch this week and I hope it starts today! The kids are beside themselves with the anticipation.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #129  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning my chickies!! Sounds like everyone has gotten alot of ideas about different ways to spice things up - I think I might try that zig zag thing as well. A co-worker of mine does that and he follows a muscle building plan - you have really high calories for a week and then low - I will post a link to that info if you guys want to read how that plan is supposed to help build muscle!!!

I'm going okay, but I pulled my back this morning in the shower - not really sure what happened, but I was shaving and then all of a sudden a sharp spasm went across the bottom of my back and ever since I can hardly move. I guess there will be a trip to the chiro this morning sometimes!!!

Other than that - I'm doing good - Had a very POP day yesterday - except for my shake - I forgot to bring it - so I think I substituted some extra s&P at lunch. back on challenge today though.....I really don't feel like I've lost anything more but I guess I have another 2 weeks to wait and see......

Katie - So did you weigh for DH this morning?? or are you making him wait?? I can't wait to see what your results were!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #130  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2006
heatherPP~ thanks for the caloric intake counter, very helpful

deets~ your metabolism slows down when it gets used to a way of eating...you can up your physical activity to get it moving, or do what heatherPP said...switch it up, do one day a week high carbs and high proteins...or add something to fool your body...everyweek atleast once, i say tomorrow go have a big mac with fries and a milk shake, thats over 1000cals, plus bkfst and dinner...go all out...i bet you will fool your body then!...your at goal so im not sure why you want to lose more...unless you have gained a little, but dont you think maybe this is the weight your supposed to be at and your body is fighting with you as your fighting with it...maybe maintenance is the choice for you at this point...everyone has a weight their body is comfortable at...maybe this is yours...if you want to appear slimmer, maybe its time to do some weights and tone up...maybe there isnt much more to lose rather tone...
I already work out regularly (toning and all), I am not at goal, after stabilization I gained a few pounds and continue to do so...its not a matter of not being happy with how I look, its a matter of stopping the slow creep up but thanks for your input.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
I'm so proud b/c I don't eat any of the bad foods! I only keep a bag of sugar and flour in my cabinets because my brownies are requested at functions...they last a LONG time in my house.
I would like to request your brownies...YUM!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #132  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Ugh! I have slowly creeped up the past 2 days and I had not lost my gain from over the weekend. I feel embarrassed for giving Boo advice when I am gaining. The only things I can think of is that I have not been getting all my water in, I have had some higher salt things over the past few days, and I have been pushing the limit on weighing and measuring my portion sizes. I will buckle down today, I was so hoping that I would hit 159 by the end of this week.
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #133  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Don't be embarassed--I love all the help--I desperately need it! You will get it off--I was/still am hoping to hit 159 by the weekend. As crazy as I am making myself I haven't given up.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #134  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
TO DETERMINE HOW MANY CALORIES YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN,LOSE, OR GAIN WEIGHT (DAILY)

CHOOSE YOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL:

(14) Sedentary Woman (Women who are not involved in an exercise program)
(16) Sedentary Men/Moderately Active Women (Women w/ active jobs or who are involved in a moderate exercise program)
(18) Moderately Active Men/ Very Active Women (Trained female athletes or women involved in daily aerobic conditioning)
(20) Highly Active Men (Male athletes involved in daily aerobic conditioning)

Step one – Current Weight x Activity Level
Step two – The difference between age and 35 = _____ x 10
Step three – Answer to step one _____ + or – Answer to Step Two______
(Plus if younger than 35, minus if older)

This total is your Daily Caloric Needs to maintain your current weight

To lose 1 lb. Per week minus 500 calories from this total ______
To lose 1 1/2lbs. Per week minus 750 calories from this total ______
To lose 2 lbs. Per week minus 1000 calories from this total ______

I don’t think you guys care about the gaining part…..heheheheehe

I used 17 as my activity and 163.5 as my weight - I'm 30
So my numbers came to
Step 1-> (163.5 * 17)=2779
Step 2-> 5*10=50
Step 3-> 2779+50 = 2829.5
lose 2lbs/week 2829.5-1000 = 1829.5 - now this seems high but who knows?? I've been following blue - but never really wrote down my calories -
Ok,I am in no excercise program but I take care of my mother all day(I do everything,cook,clean,laundry,yard work,and talk to you girls,lol) then I go hom and take care of a 12,10,and a 15 month and my husband.So what would you all consider my number to br? 14 or 16? or maybe even 15?
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #135  
PurpleSunshine

Angelica - I would say at least 15 or 16