3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/83101-lawl-losers-friends-may.html)

stacyj 05-01-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksdiogi
I have to share this funny story. My COD told me today that the bars were actually "liposuction you can eat". And she really believes this. But I love her to death. She still keeps trying to get me to buy their supplements (pills, etc.) but also acknowledges that I am doing awesome without any supplements or products.

"liposuction you can eat?" that is hilarious! :dizzy:

pinkflamingo68 05-01-2006 09:52 PM

Did anyone catch those doctors on Oprah today? Foods that you should never eat, that age you or whatever?

High-fructose corn syrup, Sugar, Fructose, all at the top of the list. So I ran and checked the Lites label...you guessed it-totally in the top ingredients... and no fiber, to boot. I don't really know what I was expecting, though!

A.

ljackson 05-01-2006 09:57 PM

Pink Flamingo-
I saw that and I was thinking the same thing!!! In fact I was eating my lite as I was watching that and I wanted to go check the box, but I decided I did not want to know!!

Boo'sMom 05-01-2006 10:19 PM

Lisa--I am 5'6. It's funny you say it didn't seem like enough--I mostly feel like I am getting enough--not starving by any means--but seeing it on the screen didn't seem like much food--I guess the shake makes it seem even less so. I am so scared of going off plan--feel like I will have to gain to lose--but it really sounds so good right now. And just maybe it's what I need. Am I rationalizing now???

Boo'sMom 05-01-2006 10:21 PM

Lisa--can you give me a typical day--like your higher vs lower counts, how you split your proteins and starches. I am trying really hard to vary my food--I am bad about getting into food ruts so ideas are always welcome. Thanks a bunch!

deetsmom 05-01-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkflamingo68
Did anyone catch those doctors on Oprah today? Foods that you should never eat, that age you or whatever?

High-fructose corn syrup, Sugar, Fructose, all at the top of the list. So I ran and checked the Lites label...you guessed it-totally in the top ingredients... and no fiber, to boot. I don't really know what I was expecting, though!

A.

(((GROAN))) I wish they didnt taste so good:(

pinkflamingo68 05-01-2006 10:40 PM

Oh well, we're all eating sooo much better than we did before. But it sure makes you think about the wasted calories.

I'm so proud of my cabinets and fridge now! The poor woman on the show. But didn't she look incredible after her challenge???

www.oprah.com

A.

Rebeca 05-01-2006 10:40 PM

aggie- Sorry you were a little down this weekend! I hope you are feeling better, and just have fun OP with your blender!

Angela- You should be feeling great with all the weight you already have lost! Good for you!!! I am so proud of ya!!!! Keep it up!

I HATE WORKING IN THIS OFFICE!!! EVERYDAY IS SOMEHTING DIFFERENT!!! Ok, let me calm down..one..two...three...four...Ok Iam calm now!

So after the triple choc cake event, everythign was great, and this afternnon with the nice beach weather that we are having, they decided to go to sonic for smoothies! I nicely replied! Then when they got back, magically one extra oreo choc smothie appeared!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CR@P? Anyways, it was nicely placed on my desk, with a note that read "they gave us one extra smoothie, hope you enjoy it"! I went to the back and devided the thing into four little cups and gave to four different people...and the rest went right to the trash! I pretended that i ate it! I had one full spoon of it and that was IT! After all of that, i have stayed POP for the day!

KIVAN- thanks for the hint! I was talking to myself the whole time, and would still be if it wasnt for you reminding me that we are already in May....Geehhh APril just fled right by!

Dairy Fairy 05-01-2006 10:46 PM

ange, are they talking about fructose ADDED into other foods? Isn't it in fruit which is good for you?

DH definitely agrees that corn syrup makes ya fat. He says he read that obesity spiked the year they changed coke from cane sugar to corn syrup sweetening.

Dairy Fairy 05-01-2006 11:00 PM

I'm so proud b/c I don't eat any of the bad foods! I only keep a bag of sugar and flour in my cabinets because my brownies are requested at functions...they last a LONG time in my house.

pinkflamingo68 05-01-2006 11:00 PM

Dairy-

They said Fructose is good/better when combined with fiber - like in fruit, because your body absorbs it slower. Plus it's in it's natural, not refined state.

He also was big on eating nuts raw, so their good fat isn't disturbed. Not roasted or anything.

missmuffet 05-01-2006 11:03 PM

So many posts.........WOW! I haven't even gotten through them all. I have to go sit with my DB for a bit before he falls asleep in the chair. Just checking in. Worked in his yard all day. I'm going to really feel it tomorrow.

DS, How are you feeling? Hope you're better. Have you gained any wt. back?

Bre, I'm at my boyfriend's house. After reading your post, I just had to do yard work. So, I'm doing HIS yard, lol. I just love it. I'll be sleeping w the heating pad tonight.

Stiesta, Welcome home. So tell me..........How was Chicago? And, WOW, a weight loss after a trip like that! Way to go, girl.

Aggie, So sorry to hear about you crappy weekend. Thanks for that blender recipe. I'm definitely going to have it tomorrow.

Denise, I'm the same way when I'm out socially. It's just so hard. But, keep with it. People are noticing. Woohoo.

Rebecca, I think you handled that sonic smoothie situation with great diplomacy. Some people are just afraid that we just very well might succeed. You are already a beautiful looking young woman. Just wait until you reach goal, then watch out.

RG, What a lovely weekend. Thanks for sharing that. So sorry to hear about your friend's pet. This sounds insensitive but, that is such a common occurance that they've done some sit coms about the situation. However, it doesn't matter that it's a common occurance when you're the one it's happening to. You must be heartsick.

Have a good night everyone.

Jackie

ljackson 05-01-2006 11:07 PM

Boo- where was your fat in todays journal?
I like to mix things up so a typical day for me is hard to write out

Breakfast- 8 oz yogurt and ground flax (D,Fat)
Snack- Lite and apple (F)
Lunch- 6oz chicken on spinach salad with lite drsg. 1oz baked chips, orange (P,V,C,S,F)
Snack- Lite
Dinner- v-8 while I am making dinner
4 oz salmon, 1/3 cup pasta, spinach salad (V,P,S,V)
Snack-strawberries with cool whip (F,C)

When I say I split my starches and proteins up I mean, maybe I will have 2 eggs and toast for lunch which is on the low end of calories, then I will have pasta and chicken for dinner which is higher. I also try to switch up when I have my starches, I usually like to get them over with before dinner.

Hope this helps.
I am 5'8 so we are close, what size are you now? I am between a 10 and a 12
When I started this 16's were too tight on me.

Lisa

Boo'sMom 05-01-2006 11:18 PM

I usually count my dressing as my fat for the day--but today I had the new salad spritzer Katie mentioned--I really like it--I've only tried the Balsamic. So I guess there are days when I don't really get any. I was in the habit of eating unsalted peanuts every day but was told early on by COD that it wasn't a great idea.

Thanks for the run-down. I need to branch out--especially in the veggies--I eat a lot of carrots.

In hindsight I was really pushing some of my 14's over the years, I'm very comfortable in a 12 now and have recently bought some 10's (they are ok but were much better last week when I bought them on an empty stomach and pre-TOM--so I am hoping next week will be better.

Nite all--1st graders tomorrow!

ksdiogi 05-01-2006 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=Boo'sMom]I usually count my dressing as my fat for the day--but today I had the new salad spritzer Katie mentioned--I really like it--I've only tried the Balsamic. So I guess there are days when I don't really get any. QUOTE]

Definitely NOT GOOD! You need to get your fat in every day or you may find yourself needing an emergency gall bladder removal surgery or a quick scheduled removal surgery. My DM did not get in her fat every day. She was trying to be perfect (on WW points) and ended up with her gall bladder out. She's now learned that she has to have some fat. :dizzy: