Old 05-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #901  

Aggie: sorry about your dog, I know what you are going through. Tomorrow starts the first round of heart worm treatment for mine. P.S. I admire your strength to go through medical school. I was going to try to do that myself. Took all the pre required course work and got caught up in doing Speech Therapy. Who knows maybe someday I might go done that path as well. I am already getting bored now that I don't have to go to school anymore.

Purplepirate: Thanks for the idea of trying on the dress every two weeks. Let me know how your fitting goes tomorrow with your outfit. So far today I have stayed on track. I think I might hang that dress up somewhere, so I can see it everyday when before I leave work and when I come back.

Last edited by haylo921; 05-15-2006 at 04:03 PM.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #902  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barb- Great to her from you. You are going to hit the 180's in no time! How exciting to be moving into a new decade.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #903  
PurpleSunshine

Aggie - Girl, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and I can just imagine how it breaks your heart to see him look at you in the desperate attempt for you to take him out. So glad that your friend was there to catch you - whooo - that could've been a "not so good" fall with 40 lbs extra!!! Thanks for the pic comment ....

Barb - So good to hear from you chickie - You deserve those 180's!!!! You have done wonderful - Hope that WI goes to your liking!!! Hope the new job is going good - how is the drive over the bridge everyday? Thanks for the pic compliment as well - I did like that one - I felt like it showed my happier side.

Haylo - I will definitely let you know about the capris - they are jean and they fit very tight through the "hippage/thigh" area - we'll see what tomorrow brings. I like the idea of hanging them up so I can see them each day!! Good idea as well

Katie - 9's?? 9's?? I'm so jealous - you go with your bad self girlfriend - You should be soooooo proud of yourself!!!

well, chickies - I've chatted on my board, worked out at lunch, filled out my fitday log - think I'm done working today - ehhehehehehehehahahahahahaa.....See you girls later this evening or tomorrow morning - going to get my little angel!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #904  

I tried to attach a picture but the computer says it is too big to do it.....am I doing it wrong? I just hit "attachments" and then I went to the picture that is saved in a file on my computer.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #905  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Hi everyone,
I am brand new to LAWL and really want to be successful this time around. Any must do/first week tips for me???
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #906  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Welcome, Skipper! Glad that you found us! Are you going to a center (COD = center of doom)? Try to cook for yourself and family (if you are doing that) a la cart. It's much easier to mix and match things that to try to parcel out a recipe. I haven't gotten brave enough to do a full scale family sized recipe yet and I'm 15 weeks in. Drink all your water! And, best of all, check back with us often - I know I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without the fabulous chickies on this board!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #907  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Whoops! Hit the send button too soon. I am accused in my emails of having the fastest fingers in the west. I always forget attachments!

Heather, I LOVE your picture... you look so happy and comfortable in your skin!

Aggie, I am soooo sorry to hear about your dog. I hope your baby can get his quality of life back to close to normal!

Kristi and Katie - WOW! What an exciting weeked. I felt bad for that poor wolf too, when I read your post... Gray wolves have always been my spirit guide. She must have been terrified.

Katie, I bought some Crocs a few weeks ago. I went to try on shoes this weekend and NOTHING felt as good. I am addicted to my crocs. I could never survive in heels or platforms- they are an ankle buster for sure!

Barb, I'm glad you checked back in with us - I was wondering how things were with you. You are so close to that new decade! GO GIRL!

Well, out of time - off to two baseball games!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #908  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Deets--go for it--you only live once!

Aggie--so sorry about the pooch, it's so hard to see your baby hurting. Get back on the wagon. Thanks for the calorie info--I will definitely bring it up at my next WI--just my luck I've been sabotaging myself all along! Ha--I wish it were such a simple solution. My sisters and mom were great--kinda felt weird (not a good compliment taker anyway) to have them go on and on--nice but weird. I had an extra Gold diary and book so I gave them to my oldest (who sometimes shows an interest) I figure she will read through it and at least get some ideas.

Barb--hey girl--glad to see you--you are so incredibly close!! How exciting.

StacyJ--no help on the photo but I hope you figure it out so we can see you when you are not hiding behinds your kids.

Skipper--welcome--best advice--read these boards--so much great advice and support. Good Luck.

Lori--have you tried the thongs or just the clogs? I am a flip-flop girl and love them!! Hope you enjoyed your baseball games.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #909  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. DH was on jury duty this morning and got off early. I made him come home b/c the groomer called and refused to finish the job b/c dog had worms. I say "what kind?" She said "Mam, I am not a veterinarian." I said "the kind that come out of your butt or the kind that grow in the skin." It was the former. He is a scottie, but we have all but the face and tail shaved b/c it is so hot in Houston. He takes dog to vet and they give us worm pills (I had to drive back to vet b/c DH didn't know to get flea meds too which are neccessary b/c dogs get tapeworms from eating fleas). Anywho, dog gets home and he is all shorn except for feet, 1 leg, and ears. Ya know what I did? Well, we're travellign Thursday and need him done before then but the groomer won't take him back that soon so I got kid scissors and did the rest myself. My poor dog. I am just glad we don't have mirrors that low in the house. He is looking rough. I noticed he has too much hair around his heiny, so that is next (oh joy). Anyway, things are not going my way today.

Katie, way to go on the 9s! You have to post pics now b/c I have been posting stuff left and right.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #910  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

DF--Geez--when it rains it pours! Poor pooch. Have fun finishing the job.

Katie--please do--you know I live vicariously through you and since I know I will never get my fata$$ in smaller than a 10, well....a girl can dream.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #911  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99

well, chickies - I've chatted on my board, worked out at lunch, filled out my fitday log - think I'm done working today - ehhehehehehehehahahahahahaa.....See you girls later this evening or tomorrow morning - going to get my little angel!!!
Out of curiosity, what are you finding fitday is showing your "calories in" on an average? Mine is 1200-1400, is that really low? I mean, I know it is on a day when I burn 500-600 cals jogging, etc...but on a regular day, what's your take on this? Im so crazy that Im feeling guilty for having 1300 cals today, thats not a good thing...right? Its so hard to change the mindset...really hard.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #912  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Deets - Don't worry you're not alone...I'm a freak with fitday. I start putting my calories in, in the afternoon. If I am getting too close to 1200 I have a lighter dinner and scrap whatever I haven't eaten yet.
It's scary how quickly those calories add up - esp. with those shakes. I'm not sure it's worth 1/6 of the days calories for something you can suck back in 5 min .
I will keep the shakes for those times when I am too busy to make a meal.
ps - can you see any tickers yet - I still can't.

Day one of T/O, I only have one orange left, but I think I am fine with that. Not too hungry. Think I went over on the veggies...ah who cares - they're just veggies.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #913  
banned

Nope, I dont see yours either...

I noticed the same thing with the shakes...I use them only here and there, I didnt find they helped me back in January when COD put me on a strict plan (much like the challenge here) to get to goal...so I use them for convenience, plus I like them for my sweet fix. hope TO comes out well for you!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #914  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznn
Deets - Don't worry you're not alone...I'm a freak with fitday. I start putting my calories in, in the afternoon. If I am getting too close to 1200 I have a lighter dinner and scrap whatever I haven't eaten yet.
So what "numbers" do yout typical days look like?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #915  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Deets - I usually average under 1250.
Fitday says 1278 to be exact (including high days)
I don't bother to do my activity level though - I find Fitday is VERY generous with the calories burned.

I don't find T/O to difficult so far. Not really hungry, just a little spaced out in the late afternoon from the low blood sugar I guess.
One more day!!
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote