Old 05-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #736  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Thanks Repo
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #737  
Princess Heather

Ohhh what a day. I think I have just reached my limit and I am done for the year. It's now that all these kids getting crazy and start really getting in trouble.

I think I am going to have to start going back to the COD at least twice a week. It seems with this once a week plan I cheat more than I did before. The reason I like LAWL is because of the accountability...and lately I have just been justifing my cheating more and more. The only bad thing is now that I really don't like my COD. I know I've said it before but those girls are too pixie perfect, and I don't feel like they are on my side for this weight loss as much as they want to sell things. I didn't get that feeling from the old staff that was there. OK..enough whining for now....back to these kids!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #738  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Wilson
My boy came home from school the other day talking about guns and shooting, he doesn't even watch anything other than Noggin and we certainly don't have guns at home. DH and i had to sit and talk to him about how guns are dangerous, can hurt people and our family doesn't believe in guns. I tell you this crazy city really gets to me some times.
Denise, a GREAT book that I'd recommend to you as a fellow mom of 2 boys, is called "Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys" by Michael Thompson. It was AWESOME...your son and his weapons are a totally normal part of boys' development. It helped me realize that even though they were totally into weapons (they'd chew guns into their toast) that it was a normal part of their development and that they weren't secretly being exposed to violence I didn't know about. It's also just a good read and very interesting. Made me feel like a good mom!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #739  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lisa- I bought it at my local grocery store.

Lori- Amen to what you said!! I have had kids sit through a whole meal with out their milk because they refused to say please. The other day one of my new kids was really rude about wanting seconds on pancakes. It really made me mad, and I gave him "THE LOOK" and said "Excuse me?" My son quickly speaks up and says, "He's sorry mom. He just forgot to be polite." Then whispers to the rude kid what to say. It was pretty funny. But I am with you, I do not put up with rudeness.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #740  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Oh yeah, Katie! Been there with the please thing! My sweet 10 year old son is sometimes going on 15 with his attitude. Our mantra lately to him has been "attitude is everything". If I wreck with him and he gets in a mood, it becomes a battle of wills. I am not proud to say that I can be just as bull headed, (wonder where he gets it from??? ) but he has gone an entire meal with NO food, because I won't accept a gruff "yes" in response to "Would you like some ________?"
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #741  

Please read..........

Okay so today in our boxes at work they put some snack size choclates in out boxes. One of them was a 100 Grand candy bar. Well temptation and TOM got the best of me and I decided to eat it. Are ya'll ready for this...... after putting it in my mouth I read the wrapper and it said:

Contains: Milk, Soy, and Wheat Ingrediants Hmmm......... I thought maybe this could be used in place of a LA Lite. Isn't that why they push them so hard because of the soy ingrediants. Just a thought

I guess I was just trying to rationalize my bite of candy. Funny thing is I don't even do the La Lites.

Last edited by haylo921; 05-11-2006 at 01:35 PM.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #742  
Princess Heather

Haylo:

That is funny. I have always felt that the lites are just LAWL packaged candy! I use them and enjoy them....but I am not 100% sure of the health value. I certainly don't buy the silliness that eating them will help lessen the chance of loose skin.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #743  
PurpleSunshine

Lisa - Great Job - Congrats on that wonderful wonderful loss!!! I'm so right there with you on tasting those 150's - I'm really hoping those scales are nice to be next week!!!

Katie - on the passing of the fire inspectiion - I know that took alot of relief off your shoulders!! Now, the rest will fly by with flying colors!!! That is cute about your son trying to show that other boy how to be polite. I can honestly say that DD daycare has been wonderful teaching them proper manners!!!! Of course, I have too :wink:

Denise - can't wait to hear your results from WI - Hoping you did wonderful!!!

Lori - I'm so with you on the rude kids. Thankfully all the kids in our neighborhood are pretty respectful!!! I'm lucky.....My dog is the one who will lay in the middle of the road and not move - but he is just STUPID!!! (all that imbreeding from where he came from!!!)
Cute story about DS - thank is just proof that you are a great mother!!!

HeatherCP - Hopefully going back to the COD more will help give you some more motivation - I know I went through that alot when i was on WW - sometimes you just need something to shock you into gear - whether it be a picture, accountability, or even the positive -someone telling you how great you've done or how good you look!!!

haylo - girlfriend - sometimes I feel like I know you personally - you are too cute with the 100 grand bar justification - maybe someone could mention this to the COD and see how they react to that one!!! hehehehehe

Well girlies - I went shopping at lunch and got some really cute tops to go with my gauchos I bought the other weekend - I'm going to dress up cute on mother's day - I'm so excited!!! I will take pictures - I promise!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #744  
PurpleSunshine

Where is everybody today??
Old 05-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #745  
Katie

"Cause I'm all alone....there's no one here, besiiiiiiiide me." I know Heather. This is one lonely joint today!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #746  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Well, I've been out and about and actually got lost looking for an ATM and ended up going through 3 counties (don't worry...they were all touching). We finally saw a Marshalls, and while I hadn't planned going that far, I'm like "dangit if I'm not here already" and got out. Unfortunately I had been holding my bladder for 30 min, so we had to run find the potty and when I hold it that long I get issues. Let's just say that 3 courtesy flushes later, I was really embarrassed to walk out of that bathroom and praying the little girl washing her hands didn't say "ooh, mommy, somebody poo-pooed a stinky!." Anyway, it was also later than I wanted to be out and DS started saying "night night" in the store. We left and he got a tiny nap in the car so he refused to take a real nap at home (even though I want one after all this hulla ballew).
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #747  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - For real ? I'm lonely on here today - usually the west coast is at least perking up by now?? and nothing?? hello???

DF - Sorry about the emergency trip to the potty. I hate those!!! Oh, I thought of you today - There is the cutest sundress at New York and Company that you would look just darling in!! If you get a chance - check them out. I'm sure after you wear that one on Sunday - you will be wanting to get some more after everyone is commenting on what a hottie you are!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #748  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!
I'm way behind on reading, so I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!
Congratulations to all the WL losers! Good luck to those who still have to WI.
Have a great POP day!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #749  
PurpleSunshine

So, Katie - what day are you planning on weighing in?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #750  
Katie

Heather- Well, actually, no. I've got 12 kids here, but they are no fun at all.

Mary- How funny about the potty. So, did you even get to stay in Marshalls long enough to look?