WTG all you losers!!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #707  

Boo, you look so good! WTG, girlfriend!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #708  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joan--WTG--every one is a success story!!

Stiesta--thanks--if everyone keeps being nice I won't fit through the door! Still praying for the sale of your house. San Diego is sooo beautiful--we used to go to Coronado's Island fairly often when we lived in AZ. Seaport Village is a lot of fun, too.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #709  
Missing Ohio

Default Already Read Marker

Hello Chickies, so much reading and I won't even try to respond to individual post because I am usually responding after it's dead subject. Anyhu, congrats to the losers, maintainers, and stablers(my word).

Everyone have a good night.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #710  

StacyJ: I am right there with you on the teacher's appreciation week. Why is that when they are trying to appreciate us the also try to make us gain weight. They provided us with hamburgers today I was good and took off one of the breads but then I had a little bit of pasta salad and a little bit of cake They had bagels for us earlier in the week. Oh well I am not going to complain it was free food that I needed since I can't afford my own right now.

Boo: congrats

HeatherPP: I didn't get to find were you must have mentioned something about light headedness but last week and the week before I had some issues with that. I also think some times it's the limited startch

***I was looking at my ticker today and noticed that I had not been able to move it down so it's time to get moving. **

I** have moved on from the family thing and have decided to not let it bother me. They'll get over it ****

I am thinking of taking on a extra job it would start Monday which means I would work on full time job and one part time job for a couple of weeks until summer. And then in the summer I would have just the part time job Anyways, I am wondering if I decide to do this if you guys have any suggestions for meals on the go, because I probably won't have time to have a nice sit down dinner (not like I ever do) but I know I won't be able to cook anything.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:24 AM   #711  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

boo~ im so happy you put a photo up of yourself...i feel like im talking to a real person...you remind me of a past coworker of mine, you are a very cute lady...haha...sounds weird...
i dont care if im 159.9, its a celebration, plus 159.8 is close to 159.5...and you know what thats close to...hahaha...you have to look on the bright side of things....how else are you going to enjoy life's little victories...

HeatherPP~ the AHA has a great website which you probably know about already and can find a program for your dad...but also you can look at diabetes diets...they would probably fix the problem as well, http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp ...being older and a little overwheight 30/40 isnt drastic...he should eat low fat, low cholesterol because these foods increase plaque build up which thank god he didnt have as you stated before...but all these foods are dangerous to a diabetic as well...you know the diabetes may have something to do with the breathing, what type does he have 1 or 2...i know exactly how you may be feeling, i love my father to death, both my parents...not everyone is as close to their parents as we are but i think my heart would crumble if anything ever happened to one of them...stay strong, he needs the support of his loving daughter right now...

SV~ finally! in 176...it feels so good! im on cloud 9 for the past few days, today being one of them! woohooo....in europe and most of the world the metric system is used, im 80kgs...which means im approaching a new decade! woohoo...cheer for the 7's...last night i couldnt sleep, i normally pass out the latest 11...i had a long day, which suprised me why i couldnt sleep, but as i layed in bed til 1, my stomach was doing a growling fest, so i drank water, then had to go pee, and that was the cycle for two hours, til finally by some sheer luck i passed out...but its prob the first time i didnt let myself get a small bite to fall asleep, i wanted to be POP to see if this diet was working, and thank god i was b/c if i ate a bar or something quick i probably wouldnt have seen a change...anywho TOM is around the corner...does anyone else have a serious swollenage problem...i have 36c/34d chest...but a few days before TOM i get watermelons...seriously...they are tremendous and so painful...any ideas on how to decrease, dont say lemon water, or water...done it! i know they say midol, but i dont want to take anydrugs...im gonna be one of those doctors that doesnt prescribe drugs unless you really need them! anyway, a great POP day, and i hope we have some losers today!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #712  
Princess Heather

Good morning chickies! Well I think last night I was confused and thought I was on the the Atkins diet instead of LAWL. We went out to Smokey Bones BBQ last night...and well you just don't send a southren girl to a BBQ place and tell her to have grilled chicken! That would be like sending a man to a hardware store and telling him not to buy tools! Up until the BBQ party I was POP for the day! I am going to WI on Sat...not sure if it's going to be good or bad...I haven't weighed for a couple of weeks.

So here's to a POP day for all! I'll be back later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:11 AM   #713  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies!!!

Sznn - Glad those almonds are gone for you and CONGRATS ON THAT 142 - Wow it looks like a lot of us are getting off plateaus all at once - this is just fantastic!!!

Stacy - Girl we have all had those days - and you didn't do all that bad - hope you got the walk in and just be prepared to start over this morning - let yestserday go - today is a new day!!!

Boo - HOpe you enjoyed your Jason's Deli dinner - I love jason's deli - they are soooooo good!!!

Joan - Congrats on that wonderful loss - you are doing great especially considering the stress you have been through lately!!!

Bre - Good to hear from you - don't worry about the personals - we totally understand - How are you doing ??

Haylo - Yes I think the shaky and lightheadedness has to do with the starches - but I'm okay during regular OP days, it is just the no starches on the TO days. I think if I do TO I just need to do it on the weekends when I have limited exercising.....

Glad you let the family thing go - that is the best thing you could've done. I think you got pretty much the same response around the boards as far as it being their problem not yours!!!

Aggie - Girl, you are just so sweet - and I don't know how old you are, but I was thinking you were fairly young - So wise for your age girlfriend - You will accomplish much in life as long as you set your mind to it. You almost
brought tears to my eyes for that last comment..... Glad you resisted that temptation to eat - that is wonderful!! You are on your way girl - I bet you will have some wonderful results from the challenge!!!! As far as the
swelling I have no idea - I wish you luck - but hey, lots of us would love to have those watermelons - so you have something we (at least me) envy!!!

HeatherCP - I understand about the southern girl and BBQ - trust me - maybe try some lemon water today just to help relieve some of the retention....that will help!!

Well I should be on TO day #2 - but I think I'm just going to do OP day - then maybe start back on the shakes - I've been on the challenge for 15 days now - but to tell you the truth I don't really feel any different?? I haven't weighed and part of it could be TOM - but I''m a little bummed. I even thought about following points for WW but eating only OP foods ---- I don't know - I'm just confused right now - I feel like each time I switch diets or plans - I lose for a few weeks and then my body adjusts - I need something different. No matter what though - I'm not leaving my chickies - ya'll are great!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #714  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

way to go aggie!

Yesterday my prudish sister said the word "pecker." This is like a priest dropping the f-bomb. I don't know what to think!

Also yesterday, we went to the park. There were these 2 Latino boys, a girl who looked about 12, DS, and this tiny boy who was 3 y/o. Anyway, all was well and we were on the toddler equipment (even though only Eli and the 3 y/o were really the right age for it). Anywho, the two boys were being heckraisers. They were scaling the TOP of the tunnel and jumping off of the top of the slide. Their mom was just disengaged even though they were putting themselves in danger. They decided to start throwing rocks at each other, then told the older girl "MOVE...we want to throw rocks through that hole." Anyway, they were total brats and even started trying to scare Eli by growling at him, but he didn't care because I growl and make animal sounds at him all the time to be funny. Anyway, the breaking point came when Eli and the 3 y/o were going down the twisty slide and they tried to push the tiny boy off the top so they could go by first. I start yelling at them "no, no no no no no!." Anyway, they decide to climb OVER the little boy to get down first. Eli is still sliding (the slides had too much traction). Anyway, they pile up on Eli and but I go to the bottom of the slide and hovered over them and said "I had better not have to come and talk to you two again, but dont' you EVER try to push kids off the equipment and don't you EVER walk on top of people to get ahead, DO YOU HEAR ME?" j The oldest one said "I don't speak any English." I said "Don't you give me that...you spoke perfect English when you were tryin to boss that girl around." I wanted to say "como se dice: I am going to beat your @ss, punk." Erik said I should have just used universal sign language of fist shaking and pointing to them Their lazy mother was just sitting on the bench watching her bleeping chihuahua. How can she let them get on the toddler equipment and try to push the toddlers off? They needed to be on the big kid equipment, but then they might have been bullied instead of being the big bullies. And by the way, it really ruins your credibility to say "I don't speak any English" in a perfect sentence
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #715  
PurpleSunshine

DF - I just hate when that happens....Oh my - boy you did good being able to not just totally go off on them!!! In spanish or english - whatever it takes. Yea, talking about credibility with the sentence in perfect english - Wow -

I ran into a similar situation just this past weekend except it was a toddler - Savannah was sliding and then climbing back up - there were 2 slides together and then another one across the bridge. Every time S would go to another slide this little girl would just go sit at the top or the bottom so S could slide - I was getting so aggrevated. Her dad was right there and all he would say was - Brooklyn - do you enjoy just sitting there - are you having fun?? - encouraging her to be in other's kids way - ARGH - I was getting upset....... The last time we were at that park - I had the exact similar situation of you - They actually were trying to be first so bad and actually knocked Savannah down 4 steps - luckily she caught herself by grabbing the rail--- Oh, talk about mad - DH said I had the Look from *&^% - and of course they did speak english -After I almost broke my back climbing up the ladder -= I told those boys a few things - of course, in a really nice mature way - needless to say - they stayed away from the smaller kids - especially Savannah!!! - That stuff just ticks me off - especially when the other parents just aren't paying any attention!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #716  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
way to go aggie!

Yesterday my prudish sister said the word "pecker." This is like a priest dropping the f-bomb. I don't know what to think!

Also yesterday, we went to the park. There were these 2 Latino boys, a girl who looked about 12, DS, and this tiny boy who was 3 y/o. Anyway, all was well and we were on the toddler equipment (even though only Eli and the 3 y/o were really the right age for it). Anywho, the two boys were being heckraisers. They were scaling the TOP of the tunnel and jumping off of the top of the slide. Their mom was just disengaged even though they were putting themselves in danger. They decided to start throwing rocks at each other, then told the older girl "MOVE...we want to throw rocks through that hole." Anyway, they were total brats and even started trying to scare Eli by growling at him, but he didn't care because I growl and make animal sounds at him all the time to be funny. Anyway, the breaking point came when Eli and the 3 y/o were going down the twisty slide and they tried to push the tiny boy off the top so they could go by first. I start yelling at them "no, no no no no no!." Anyway, they decide to climb OVER the little boy to get down first. Eli is still sliding (the slides had too much traction). Anyway, they pile up on Eli and but I go to the bottom of the slide and hovered over them and said "I had better not have to come and talk to you two again, but dont' you EVER try to push kids off the equipment and don't you EVER walk on top of people to get ahead, DO YOU HEAR ME?" j The oldest one said "I don't speak any English." I said "Don't you give me that...you spoke perfect English when you were tryin to boss that girl around." I wanted to say "como se dice: I am going to beat your @ss, punk." Erik said I should have just used universal sign language of fist shaking and pointing to them Their lazy mother was just sitting on the bench watching her bleeping chihuahua. How can she let them get on the toddler equipment and try to push the toddlers off? They needed to be on the big kid equipment, but then they might have been bullied instead of being the big bullies. And by the way, it really ruins your credibility to say "I don't speak any English" in a perfect sentence
That is such an infuriating story! Here, Im going to sound old...KIDS NOWAWAYS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL! There are these kids on my street who insist on playing IN the street at peak times like when the school bus is coming or parents are coming home and they see you coming and give you attitude and just stand there. Then the girls (like 12 y/o) give you the stare down like youre in high school. The other day I had it...one of them started yelling after me screaming "ay, slow down"...I threw the truck into reverse at about 40MPH and rolled down the window. I was like "Excuse me, are you talking to ME?!" They started heckling me and I was like, "watch your mouth", they KEPT talking and I was like "WATCH YOUR MOUTH", this one wouldnt stop so I was like, "YOU WATCH IT OR IM LOOKING FOR YOUR MOTHER!" I would never have started with an adult or perpetuated it when I was a kid, sheesh! ITS "ON" now....
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #717  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

It just brings back that scene in Hand that Rocks the Craddle where Rebecca DeMornay went to school and messed up the kid who was giving her kid trouble, LOL....
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #718  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning chickadees!!!

Well- I went to WI last night and I was down .4.....very small but I'll take it. I guess it's not bad considering all the crappola I ate over the weekend. Still staying OP though.... I'm going to WI again on Saturday morning.

Aggie- on your SV!!!

Stargazer- WooHooo!!!! Great loss- keep it going!!

Haylo- good for you getting over that family drama...you're right- they'll get over it!!

Yeah Dairy- you tell those bratty kids!!!

HeatherPP- How was that steak last night?!?!?!? You and Boo had me craving it bigtime!!!

To everyone else Hello and I hope everyone has a great day!!!

-Marisa
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #719  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I did this kind of stuff with my nephews, but I was probably a lot meaner because I was younger. I got picked on a lot by my cousin on the bus, but I don't think I was picked on constantly. Still, I am apparently like "The Punisher" for kids

Y'all, my little sundress has made me feel so happy. I feel like a GIRL in it I can't wait until I get my hair done next week. I am getting jeans and some strappy sandals for my mother's day. DH said I need "strappy sandals" to go with my sundress and I said "go girlfriend, I like how you think." I love it when it lets that side of himself come out. I think I might balance my checkbook and ride to the next town over and see what kind of sundresses they have at their Marshall's.

I hate everyone on here for their my heritage celebrity info. Boo thinks she has it bad with Felicity Huffman and Kim Catrall, but I had Fel. H. and CHELSEA CLINTON AND JASON BIGGS! Ugh. My friend emailed me and told me his wife was "scarlett johanson, halle berry, katie holmes, drew barrymore." Whatevah. I'm getting bitter over here!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #720  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Haylo--you sound like you are in much better spirits--glad you are going to just do your thing--you certainly have the right! Two jobs? I am impressed--I don't even have one right now! All I can say is plan, plan, plan--it can be done.

Marisa--a loss is a loss! We'll take anything at this point. It's hard to remember (or accept) that the lower you get the smaller the weekly losses will be. I have to remind myself EVERYDAY.

DF--I am proud of your restraint! In infuriates me when big kids (too big) take over the little kids stuff--we had that problem at a Chik-fil-a playplace once--UGH--I actually pointed out the height maximum sign to the mom, then she was embarrassed and yanked them out.

Deets--I can just see you brawling in the street--you get'em girl!

HeatherPP--I'm glad I am not the only one whose body is too smart for my own good--it takes a LOT of tricking and rearranging! Hope your steak was yummy! We'll just keep hanging in there! I exercised this morning--you are my workout motivation!

HeatherCP--I can't pass up BBQ either (please...I'm a Texan!) I go to TX Roadhouse with great intentions of ordering a grilled chicken caesar salad and somehow "babybacks" comes out of my mouth! It's okay--hope you enjoyed them and now you can move on!

Aggie--WATERMELONS?!?! Can't get rid of the picture in my head now! I'm about a 36C and only had melons when I was PG so I have no advice on swelling, especially if you have tried lemon water. My center did recommend herbal tea for water retention and diet herbal tea (theirs) for constipation. Maybe it's worth a try. I almost picked up the herbal tea with lemon (but it also had a bunch of other herbs) yesterday--going to look again--I wasn't sure why the nutritionist recommended it so I called and it was for water retention. WTG on the loss--go with the metric--it sounds better moving to a new decade--never thought I'd be so excited but yesterday I was over the moon!

Hope everyone has a great day--gotta go get a haircut and run errands--will catch back up later!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote