Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #46  
PurpleSunshine

Deets - i walk around the building at 3 - I will go by my car and get that paper out and type up the formula for you -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #47  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Deets - i walk around the building at 3 - I will go by my car and get that paper out and type up the formula for you -
You are such a sweetie
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #48  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

heatherpp, go get a giant diet lemonade from chick-fil-a...it'll get you flushed
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #49  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
heatherpp, go get a giant diet lemonade from chick-fil-a...it'll get you flushed

Change your ticker skinny....
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #50  
Katie

Height: 5'1

See Deets, I do not think that you are getting enough food!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #51  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
See Deets, I do not think that you are getting enough food!
Yea, Im seeing that...my center is so useless. I moved up from Gold 5 weeks ago and since that time, I am up 2 pounds. Whats your take, Katie? You seem more qualified than my clueless counselors....what plan should I try next? LOL!!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #52  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Ooo-baby! I feel every muscle in my a#s today! Yesterday when I set out for my 5mi walk I just decided to change my route and ended up doing 12mi. That's the farthest I've gone this training period-actually that's the farthest I've gone since doing the marathon in Oct 2004. And-it felt great, I was tired, sore, and hungry, but not miserable. I finished in under 4 hours-which means I'm doing faster than 20min miles which is amazing for me! It's amazing how much of this training is mental. 2 years ago, 12mi would've scared the crud out of me-now it's just-hmmm, wonder how sore I'll be after. I didn't even get freaked out at the halfway point (the point of no return-I mean, you have to get back to the car, right?).

I'm really liking being a group leader. I'm so busy worrying about my group, motivating them, etc that I kinda "forget" that my feet are killing me!

Did learn an important lesson yesterday-when it's TOM, a super-plus tampon will not last for 12 mi
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #53  
Bring sexy back

12 mi-that is awesome!

Deets-I don't trust any number I havent' seen a couple of days at least...esp knowing I'll probably gain just looking at food after all the sickness this weekend.

I had a NSV I forgot to report. DS was whiny (stuck in the house from being sick) so I told DH to go on a walk with us. We stuck DS in the red wagon and went 2 mi. In the middle, DH said "I can't believe you're ahead of me and you're not being all slow and poky." I realized I was having a much easier time walking than 40 or even 20 lbs ago. Anyway, I finished and I wasn't really that sweaty or winded (I'm usually dripping). Anyway, DH has now lost (drumroll) THIRTY pounds. I said "when you get skinny do you think you'll realize it" because I was looking in the mirror and feel like I look the same. DH said "what do you mean...GIRL I AM SKINNY." My bad He is looking great. His dunlap is dun-shrinking. He looks so much better..30 lbs has thrown his belly back into proportion and removed a lot of extra chin weight. I thought he was a hunk before, but I have never seen him below 230. If he keeps this up I might just pass out.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #54  
Bring sexy back

And I don't think I look "THE SAME" but I guess when you lose weight you have to remember that you're just going to be a smaller version of what you were before...not stick skinny. I saw a girl today with a sleeveless shirt and she was KIND OF skinny. Her arms were like mine,though. In fact, she was a lot like me...smaller torso, bigger arms and legs. Anyway, my friend was commenting on why in the heck is this girl chasing after her 2 kids in heels and then went off on a tangent about how mommies here are trying to look like desperate housewives or something with their dressing up to go to chick-fila. She then said "well, those 2 aren't that tiny, but they are made up and dressed to the nines." She then pointed to the girl who looked like my figure and her friend who was bigger. My friend then said "you're skinnier than the little one." Sorry, just don't see it. I wish I had the confidence to wear a sleeveless shirt or shorts. Lord knows it gets hot enough out here. Anyway, it got me to thinking...maybe I should TRY to wear something more revealing.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #55  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Kristi-

No, I'm training with a group called Women Walk the Marathon. It's only for walkers and mainly comprised of women-there are some husbands and other various family members . . .Other training programs like Portland Fit really cater to runners and the walkers get the shaft. And they do the same course every time. How boring! All of our group walks are different, we have many pace groups with 1 or 2 leaders per group. We have an amazing coach and lectures once a month. If you ever think you'd like to walk the marathon-you should check out this group. There's even a racewalking pace group if that's your thing. i don't care how much weight I lose-I doubt I'll ever be a runner. My knees aren't that strong.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

jm~ LMAO about the super plus tampon~ i wonder if i can walk at that pace for 4 hrs/12 miles...holy c!#p that seems like a lot...
DF~ congrats on the NSV and the hunk that came along with you...its os strange how weight changes someone...stamina, looks, personality, mood...in the long run the struggles worth the benefits...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #57  
Katie

Height: 5'1

JulieMarie- WOW! 12 miles in so amazing. I can't even imagine walking that far!

Dairy- Great NSV on the walk.

Deets- So you are on blue now? What about adding a dairy and a fat?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #58  
PurpleSunshine

Dairy - Congrats on the wonderful NSV - great news about you and DH!! And I totally understand abaout how you look the same to yourself - It is really hard to realize how far you've come without looking at pics or just looking at the diff in your clothes -

you've done wonderful with your own journey as well as your DH!! You go girl!!

oh, by the way - does that diet lemonade thingy really work???

getting ready to post that formula - just finished typing it up
Old 05-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #59  
PurpleSunshine

Julie Marie - Congrats on the 12 miles - i would've past out - such a wonderful accomplishment!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #60  
PurpleSunshine

Wink Formula for caloric intake to lose weight.....

TO DETERMINE HOW MANY CALORIES YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN,LOSE, OR GAIN WEIGHT (DAILY)

CHOOSE YOUR ACTIVITY LEVEL:

(14) Sedentary Woman (Women who are not involved in an exercise program)
(16) Sedentary Men/Moderately Active Women (Women w/ active jobs or who are involved in a moderate exercise program)
(18) Moderately Active Men/ Very Active Women (Trained female athletes or women involved in daily aerobic conditioning)
(20) Highly Active Men (Male athletes involved in daily aerobic conditioning)

Step one – Current Weight x Activity Level
Step two – The difference between age and 35 = _____ x 10
Step three – Answer to step one _____ + or – Answer to Step Two______
(Plus if younger than 35, minus if older)

This total is your Daily Caloric Needs to maintain your current weight

To lose 1 lb. Per week minus 500 calories from this total ______
To lose 1 1/2lbs. Per week minus 750 calories from this total ______
To lose 2 lbs. Per week minus 1000 calories from this total ______

I don’t think you guys care about the gaining part…..heheheheehe

I used 17 as my activity and 163.5 as my weight - I'm 30
So my numbers came to
Step 1-> (163.5 * 17)=2779
Step 2-> 5*10=50
Step 3-> 2779+50 = 2829.5
lose 2lbs/week 2829.5-1000 = 1829.5 - now this seems high but who knows?? I've been following blue - but never really wrote down my calories -