3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Losers and Friends May

Old 05-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #31
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Does my color plan sound right to you?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #32
Princess Heather

Well I have to admit I am not sure about the whole color science thing! I am on Red and was told I would be on Red until I reached 239. I would love to know how they decide what color you are supposed to be on.

CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #33
Katie

Height: 5'1

I'm not sure. Have you used fitday to track you calories before? I wonder if you should try that for week and see how many you are averaging per day. Search for a site that will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight, and then adjust your plan accordingly. My guess is that you need more food, but I think that you should get scientific about it, and really see where you are at.

Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #34
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

HeaherCP=weird. I'm at 234 now and was told I'd move down in another 16 lbs-so 220. Well, like I say "the centers are consistent in their inconsistency!"
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #35
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

I agree. Very weird. I was told that since I don't do bars, I will be on red until goal. And they moved me from red+ to red at 285, despite no bars.

Did not WI today. It's TOM, and i had a POOP weekend (in Katie's terms!). First time since I started the plan, and it was because we were out of town, and my SIL did not cook ANYTHING green. I tried to make the best choices for what they had, but it was slim pickin's! Oh well. Maybe I'll get rid of the extra sodium and WI on Wednesday.

Mini-Goal 2: 11 more lbs by St. Patty's Day (2/15-3/17)

Overall: -32

Mini-goals #1-A & 1-B met early!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #36
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klvan
Deets,
How much do you workout per week? When I was at your weight I was on Gold and I was working out about 4 hours per week. I have no idea if it was right or wrong, but I had no problem losing.

I've also noticed lately that they seem to be using Blue a lot more than they used to. A few years ago I almost never heard of anyone being on Blue unless they worked odd hours, now it seems much more common.
anywhere from 2.5-4 hours per week and they also seemed to take into account that I am on the go with the kids (minus nap time on the boards here two days a week, LOL!) and am up working till about 12am everyday.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #37
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
I'm not sure. Have you used fitday to track you calories before? I wonder if you should try that for week and see how many you are averaging per day. Search for a site that will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain your current weight, and then adjust your plan accordingly. My guess is that you need more food, but I think that you should get scientific about it, and really see where you are at.
Wow, very enlightening...seems like to maintain, I need 1768-2040 cals per day (light-moderate activity range- have no idea which to pick), they suggest to subtract 300 per day and add in exercise, bringing me to 1468-1740 needed per day. Logging todays journal, I get 1371 cals today as eaten/planned to be eaten. See, on paper I should be an anorexic, LOL!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #38
PurpleSunshine

Deets - I have a document that my personal trainer gave me that describes how many calories to lose, maintain or gain based on certain criteris - I will get it and type the formula for you if you're interested....just let me know
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #39
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
HeaherCP=weird. I'm at 234 now and was told I'd move down in another 16 lbs-so 220. Well, like I say "the centers are consistent in their inconsistency!"
My COD uses 224 as the benchmark for switching from Red, with a 4 lb variance on either side. You will be moved to purple anywhere from 228 to 220. It IS weird.

Last edited by Chklithunder : 05-01-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #40
PurpleSunshine

Carmen - do you know what they use for Gold?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #41
PurpleSunshine

okay, you guys I'm doing lemon water for the first time today - how much should i drink??

I had pizza last night and although I haven't weighed - I can tell a big difference in my rings today - I've downed one coffee cup full - how much more?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #42
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Deets - I have a document that my personal trainer gave me that describes how many calories to lose, maintain or gain based on certain criteris - I will get it and type the formula for you if you're interested....just let me know

That would be awesome, cos when I just re-did my entry on fitday with the LA Lite shake that they told me to sub for the bar today, its only 1234 cals for the day...HOW THE H@LL am I up on this kind of calorie intake? I never even considered how many calories I am using, I just blind-trusted the center (DUH). Seems really low and for that, I should be wasting away.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #43
banned

Quote:
okay, you guys I'm doing lemon water for the first time today - how much should i drink??

I had pizza last night and although I haven't weighed - I can tell a big difference in my rings today - I've downed one coffee cup full - how much more?
They say about 2 8oz cups...
Old 05-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #44
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Carmen - do you know what they use for Gold?
HeatherPP - I think it's either 184 or 186.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #45
PurpleSunshine

I was just asking - I wasn't losing on Gold, after a few months, but the exercise was getting intense - so some of the chickies suggested I move to blue - with the bars of course.......I guess i'm probably in the right place. i guess if something doesn't move after 3/4 week of the challenge - I will re-evaluate......
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.