3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/83101-lawl-losers-friends-may.html)

Chklithunder 05-01-2006 11:50 AM

:wave: Hi Everyone.

Well, I had a very nice weekend. On Saturday we went to the council Pinewood Derby. It was held at a huge car dealership and after the races were over the DSs and I were looking at all the new cars. There sure are some nice ones out there.

On Sunday, DH was off so we went to a nursery and got some more flowers and stuff, and he and the DSs planted them while I cleaned out our sunroom and got it ready for summer. DH fired up the grill and made ribs and chicken, and I made a potato salad (which I resisted), some devilled eggs (with lite mayo) that I counted as .5 P and 1F, and I also made broccoli for myself and corn on the cob and green salads for the DSs and DH. I also resisted the ribs, and had only chicken, and it was delicious. We ate by candlelight in the sunroom, and had a nice time.

I woke up this AM to TOM, didn't have any cramps at all, but I have them now and my back and head are hurting. Since we can have leftovers today I don't have to worry about cooking and I can pretty much relax when I get home which is GREAT.

HeatherPP - I never got to try the shake this weekend. I got up early, went to the COD, must be back within purple range because they put me back on purple. Anyway, when I came home to make my shake before it was time to wake up the DSs, I looked for the blender attachment for the food processor and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I go wake up DH who is always using it for slushies and he tells me he has no idea where it is...:?: I am still so bummed. I will keep looking though :mag:! When you made your shake what flavor did you blend the banana with?

edited to add - Haylo I'm so sorry about your pooch. I am praying that the treatments are successful.

Hey Kristi Girl - How was your weekend?

Katie - SO TRUE you could have done so much worse. The Baskin Robbins by my house doesn't even carry the sugarfree reduced fat ice cream. What's up with that???

To all you chickies out there...:grouphug: and :cheers:...here's to US!

Repo girl 05-01-2006 12:02 PM

Haylo- So sorry about your dog. I am glad to hear that they caught it early in his life, though, so treatment should be successful. I got a little dog 2 weeks before I got married, and he was our baby for years. He died 2 summers ago, and I still cry when I see pictures of him. I figure that he still comes around and lays on the steps and chills out on my bed from time to time.

Carm- What a nice weekend you had. Purple, huh? I decided this morning to go back down to blue, too. I hate losing the protein sizes, but DANG I want to get this weight gone. I have 6 weeks till my 11 year class reunion, and I really want to lose quite a bit more by then.

Chklithunder 05-01-2006 12:07 PM

Katie - I am planning to stay on RED until after my 2nd round of TO which I think will be next week. I'm thinking that should be okay. I'm just so pleased that I must finally be somewhere in the neighborhood of my ticker weight again. Whoa..you are going to WOW everyone at your reunion. In 6 more weeks you will have all but disappeared. I hope you don't decide to wait until after the challenge to weigh. I don't think I could stand the suspense!!!

Repo girl 05-01-2006 12:19 PM

My DH is dying too. He tried to MAKE me get on the scale this morning. He says he won't tell me what it says. I told him that I will weigh with a towel over my eyes for him tomorrow, but I really DO NOT want to know what the scale says. Today I am so constipated that I would never want to get onto the scales. I took a colon cleanse pill to get things moving, and it is making me want to throw up, my stomache hurts so bad.

CandlePrincess 05-01-2006 12:40 PM

Good afternoon Chickies! It has been a wild and wooly day here at the middle school clinic. We have 18.5 school days left and these darlin's want to be sure and use all their passes. This past weekend was pretty much a disaster. I know better than not to plan for my week. The funny thing is I got on my home scales and was down to 170. Who knows if that is true or not...I don't usually trust them! I didn't WI Sat, but I am going to try and fit in a visit to the SCOD before next weekend. I've pretty much blown the challenge...but I am still drinking my shakes. I think I will try and start over totally next week. So far POP today....hoping I can hang on and get right back on the wagon!

Denise Wilson 05-01-2006 12:44 PM

Happy May Chicas!!

I agree with someone who said April kinda sucked! Sick kids and lots of self sabotage! Here's to a fresh month and a fresh start for me and all of you!

deetsmom 05-01-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
I weighed in thi smorning and was up to 164.5, so not wasting away but maybe down a little in the end. We'll see! Busy day today!

STILL AWESOME:D

aggie2006 05-01-2006 01:09 PM

haylo~ im so sorry about your pooch...im keeping my fingers crossed for you...hope all is well and he heals up quickly...went to the vet with nikita today and she has bladder stones! ahhh! always something with her...i love her so much that i hope she will be ok too...i know what its like to attach to an animal so i hope yours heals up...

repo~ anyway hubby can get on the forum and tell us what he see's tomorrow...i know its a long shot! your evening by the fireplace sounds so cute...you guys sound like an awesome couple...so sweet

hkychik 05-01-2006 01:11 PM

Happy May, ladies!

Wow! I was really busy doing nothing this weekend, but DH hogged the computer so I am WAAAAAY behind on posts. I just wanted to pat myself on the back and say I am down .8 since Friday - I was afraid to go WI, since I had alcohol, steak 2 nights, pizza, ..... all POP, but still..... My new goal is to make onderland by June 1st. That will end the 7 week challenge for me.

deetsmom 05-01-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljackson
I am not going to WI today, I know I am not down any and I may be a few ounces up. I just can not handle them picking apart my journal today. I have learned my triggers and if i go in there and they are on my case I know I will come home, say screw it, and cheat. I know i would only be hurting myself, but that is the way my brain works. This process is so slow going for me, I lost last week, so I know this week I might just maintain. You would think that they would have figured out this is my pattern by now, but they just want to see a loss everytime and always look to my journal for the excuse. I am doing the best I can. I don't mean to sound angry or down, I want to be at goal and get on with my life.

Lisa

I hear you:hug: Im considering not going back to COD for a few weeks. This flux period sucks only in that I have them weighing me and scrutinizing me two times a week, and I almost feel at this point that I would be better doing this on my own, since they have completely run out of ideas for me at this point. It just seems like a waste of time and I dont feel badly about myself day to day UNTIL I have to go there, then its a "bad day".

deetsmom 05-01-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sznn
Stiesta - WTG!!! Now I am really jealous - you had fun...went shopping....had good chow...and still lost:p

I agree, sometimes cheating moves the scale. Mine is down to 145.2 this AM, but I don't trust it till I see that # or less all week.
It has been bouncing around wildly, it was even up to 150 on Sat????
Craziness.

I am moving on to stabilization no later than the end of May...no matter what.
So this is the last hurrah.

-S

WOW...a FIVE pound fluctuation in two days, thats crazy....

deetsmom 05-01-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
I decided this morning to go back down to blue, too. I hate losing the protein sizes, but DANG I want to get this weight gone. I have 6 weeks till my 11 year class reunion, and I really want to lose quite a bit more by then.

Im confused STILL, can you imagine...about the difference between purple and blue. I am not convinced that I am on the right color plan, as I am still up consistently. The knee jerk reaction is "ah, less food will help" which I KNOW is ridiculous. Even the counselors at COD seem confused from one to the other why I am on blue. The nutritionists at LAWL say I should be gold plus 1/2 protein (or rather, blue minus a starch) but it hasnt made one bit of difference for me in the 5 weeks I have been back OP. How did you come to determine that a plan change was right for you? Will you tell COD?

PURPLEPIRATE99 05-01-2006 01:31 PM

Carm -I blended my banana with the vanilla shake - I was hoping to find some of the High protein strawberry ones....

ljackson 05-01-2006 01:35 PM

Deets, Exactly! I have even been scrutinized for eating on plan things. I know I am super sensitive, I think it is just better for me if i go in when I know I have had a loss. They have told me all the tricks they know.

Since I monitor my weight so closely, and because i have been doing this a while, I have noticed that my weight goes up slightly when I ovulate. Has anyone else noticed that?

Lisa

Repo girl 05-01-2006 01:35 PM

Deets- They moved me to blue way back at 180 lbs, but then I started exercising over 5 hours a week, and they moved me back to red. Now I have stopped exercising that much, so I really should be on blue. I am still losing on red, but maybe it could be even better if I went back, ya know? They did say that they will never move me below blue, since I do not do the bars.