Old 05-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #241  
PurpleSunshine

Milca - Yes, I can totally see where the stress would cause effects on your cycle!! I seem to end up breaking through all my Birhth control. I stayed on oe certain pill for 5 years before going off and getting pg - well that is the one I went back to - well, it is the generic version - so maybe only the real one works with my body - who knows????

Rebeca - Good luck - I sincerely hope it works for you!! I wish it would've worked for me - I just have a short "canal" I guess???? It seems to be very convienant birth control
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!

Katie - WTG! That is certainly an awesome NSV. You should be very proud of yourself and how far you've come. You can do it!! and from the sounds of things, you're almost there!!

Mom of 3 - not sure about the PB, I've always only counted it as one of my Proteins.

Mrs. Beanie - as far as the slim fast powder shakes, they should blend up ok in the blender without being too powdery. If you still don't like the idea of powder, use the cans, but put them into the blender with some ice and fruit. It's worth a shot to save $$. Those LA slim down's are sooooooo expensive! I know what you mean about the can taste though.

Milca - Glad to see you today! with the house hunting.
I know what you mean about the needy child. If I would have had my youngest first, then she would probably BE an only child!

to all the losers! Have a great POP remainder of the day everyone!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #243  
PurpleSunshine

Beanie - I've found over the last day - the chocolate doesn't seem to have as much "can" taste as the vanilla do - I pour mine in another glass too - which helps alot
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #244  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Boo:
Where are you girl?

Sherry:
hey girl, glad to see you too. I totally understand you, in my case, when I met DH I was a single mother, my DS father went MIA, and still MIA, so my DH didn't have any kids and so we decided to have one more, but trust me girl if I didn't met DH I would have stayed alone raising Sebastian by myself, he requires a lot of attention and I know is not easy take care and raise of child with special needs, but you know what I don't regret it..
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #245  

Rad- I read this somewhere and I wanted to share:

"ONLY special people have SPECIAL Children"...

It was a quote displayed in an agency called Wings for Children that I worked as a volunteers for 3 years...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #246  
milkyway

Rebecca:
That is so beautiful, Thank You!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #247  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I've always thought people with special needs kids were people God trusted with a bigger job.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #248  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Then he picked the right person, Milca you are awesome!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #249  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well chicks i think i just got caught up on everything i have missed wow that was a lot to read. Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Getting ready to leave the office so dont have time for personals but wanted to stop by and say hi!! I will catch yall tomorrow everyone have a great night!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #250  
milkyway

Dairy and Katie:

Thanks for making me feel so special, all of you are so wonderful!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #251  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Milca--thanks for looking! SOOOO glad to see you posting again. I was a PE teacher today--whew--they are tiring! Tomorrow is 2nd grade--plus my inlaws are supposed to be here tomorrow night for who knows how long--and here I sit reading and not CLEANING!!!

WI during lunch--stayed the same-UGH. The first thing everyone says is "well you didn't gain" don't care--wanted to actually lose something this time. So we called the nutritionist--my gal was surprised this hasn't occured after all this time--hmmm... One thing that I totally understand that they kept saying was (and we've all heard/said it before) but the closer you get to goal...blah blah blah.

So here's the latest, greatest changes for me:
1. up my protein by 1/2
2. try diet herbal tea for water retention
3. 6 EFA's (instead of 4) b/c of lack or regularity
4. work days have a bar and powder shake, non work days (none lately!) try 2 shakes and no bars

So I will try these new things for a week and see. Not crazy about the shakes but will survive. I have really missed visiting with you all today. Congrats on all the SV's and NSV's.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #252  
Karen

Heather - I feel the same way about the Pria bars. I liked the first one or two but YUCK after that.

Julia - Regardless of how the scales are remember you're just back from vacation. Think about what it could have been or what it could continue to go up to if you weren't committed. Think of it as a vacation from LAWL. Heck! I could gain 5 lbs overnight (and have before)!

To all those concerned about PG, good luck and hope it turns out the way you want it. I've been on the pill for the last 10 years (and 10 years worth before Micki) and am considering an IUD. That seems like a much simpler process than the pills. Will talk with my OBGYN this year as I'll be 38 and probably should get off the pill.

Dairy - your comment about special people and special children really touched me. My DSD is 18 (soon to be 19) and moderately mentally ******ed from a seizure as an infant. The extent of the damage (IQ-48) was not discovered (LazyDH wouldn't confront NEW - nasty ex-wife) until she was 13 years old. The doctors were surprised that she functioned as well as she did. You can't tell by looking at her, by talking to her you think she's an airhead teenager, but when she counts money, she is really at a loss. And she has a hard time understanding repercussions. It's been a challenge over the years and sometimes I wonder "Why me?" (We were married when DSD had just turned 2.) Now I need to say "Thank you!"

Katie- Did you call DH and tell him about the pants? You are doing awesome.

Okay, guys. Last Friday night/Saturday I read through the boards to keep motivated. It was then I decided that I wanted to lose 18 more pounds by my birthday. I'm 3 lbs closer now. Woo Hoo! Thank you for the motivation. And - this was with my steak on Monday night and my liquid fruit. This Sunday is DH's company picnic at Paramount's Kings Island in Ohio. From 4pm-6pm, there will be liquid starches. I plan on partaking. Saturday night is a benefit for my DBIL who needs a kidney transplant. So, I'm not moving my ticker again this week until next Monday. I will use Friday's loss to offset the weekend. And I will read through the posts again Saturday morning to keep me motivated to make the right food choices both days.

I guess I just really want to thank you all. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. I would have demanded my money back and sat here dumb, fat and pretending to be happy.

AND I got to pull out another outfit from the "other" closet today. I haven't worn this outfit in 35 lbs. It's 4 sizes smaller than when I started. Or if you count the in betweens, it's 6 sizes smaller. :-)

Congrats to all those POP, to the NSVs, to the SVs, and to those who are coming to get re-motivated!
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #253  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Karen, you are doing great!! Congrats on the 6 sizes, that is wonderful. It was 7:00 AM that I tried the pants on. I woke up DH and made him look. He was, of course, highly impressed that I could get them on. About the DSD, I can imagine that you are very good to her. She is lucky to have you. I have had an IUD for 3 years, and I love it. Getting it was pretty painful, but totally worth it, just the same. Have fun at your DH's company party. I like my occasional liquid starches and fruits, too. I just have a hard time only having what is allowed. Don't forget, you are inspiration to others on this board, too. I also forgot to say that I was sorry to hear about your grandfather.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #254  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Karen - 35 lbs is awesome!

Yep Chickies its really me and yes its REALLY a quarter til midnight. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you all know I really missed you all today. Now, off to bed. Have a great night everyone!

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #255  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

total food bender but it was worth it. this is the worst pms i have ever had. I'm visibly bloated, breaking out in zits, and hyper-emotional. I am so pre-menstrual I have been screaming and crying and everything in between today. My hormones are VERY bad this go round. I'm a week late,but NOPE I AM NOT PREGNANT...I CHECKED. My cycle hasn't readjusted to a normal timeframe yet. Anyway, I had a bag of m and ms (ind.) and a bag of cheetos (ind.) and the starch has finally lulled me into a stupor. I don't feel one bit guilty. I was truly beginning to feel out of control with my emotions and my cycles are FREAKED UP now so God knows how much estrogen I do or do not have. It is almost like after I gave birth and my hormones plummetted and I couldn't control my emotions at all. Anyway, I know it will get better with time. I don't know why I am telling you all about my binge since I am not even guilty about it...maybe just to say we all screw up and don't take anything I say too much to heart since I am sprouting horns No more junk tonight. I'm sassified.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote