Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #181  

Just had to log on and brag about what I good man I married...so you all know I just got home from NYC where I shopped, saw a show, and spent tons of money. Well, what I didn't tell you all was that one of my friends who was supposed to go with us got hit by a drunk driver on Friday and was unable to go. She wasn't hurt, but was way too frazzled to leave her family for the weekend. Well, she called me today and said she found tickets online to see "Wicked" in Boston. Both of us have been dying to see it -- we both read the book and we're just loving the music. We've tried to get tickets in NY and Boston and have been unsuccessful. Well, I felt bad even thinking of spending any more $$ on myself, not to mention the night out, but DH didn't even blink an eye, told me I absolutely deserve it and should go. Is he just the best or what?? He is so supportive of anything I ever want to do -- I just love that guy!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #182  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hey Girls:

Missed you a lot!!!!! WOW 13 pages and is just been two days of May! I'm very far behind so I just want to give you a big and hope that all of you are doing great!

Katie:
Don't cry girl, sometimes men don't know how to express themselves in the way that we want to hear it... Trust me, it happen to me too with my DH, My Dh have "scold" me for not stick in to my diet everytime that I break it and I know the feeling of all those fears coming at you, but girl, don't worry you have been doing great and you are going to continue doing great. If you need a BL partner we can start helping each other on the excercise part and is gonna be more easier for both of us b/c I need to stick to my excercise too. DH didn't mean to hurt your feelings (but between you and me you know men are like DUH!!) he loves you very much and both of you have overcome a lot of obstacles together. You are a great woman with a big heart, you are allways giving and helping and no matter what that's what really counts!

Lori, Sherry, Carmen, Heatherpp, and all of you girls, a lot of blessings and wonderful things!! LOVE YA'LL!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #183  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Oh Christie, that is so sweet girl! Hope that your friend feel better and when you go to see "Wicked" you have a great time, you sure deserve it!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #184  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I'm dying to see Wicked too..just skip the 7 gables house
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #185  
Missing Ohio

Sznn – your zig zag plan sounds like the Wendy’s Plan that I learned about from my weight watcher days. And, it worked for me at that time.

Missmuffet – I love the yard work also. I’ve been going from door to door, window to window to just look out. The next project is the wash the windows.

Rebeca – way to go on the smoothie thing. You so have willpower.

Candleprincess – I second that about the ff vs. real fat. They are finding that the margarines are not as good for you as real butter. I could have told them that.

Yoga gurl – it’s good to see you back. As if one surgery on your mouth wasn't enought, you had two. You are my she-ro.

Repo – I second Purplepirate words too. I’m sorry that you are down in the dumps. You have come a long way and help motivate others, so keep your head up girlfriend.

Hey Carmen – feel better and don’t let the small things get you down. You need to be strong for this weight loss journey. I can talk – it seems that I’m losing the same 3-5 lbs. For the last year.

Juliemarie – good for you in straightening out the situation before it becomes a big problem.

Klvan – it looks as if you head is in the right place.

Mrsbeanie - hello, it’s good to see ya. EAS Edge comes in box also. I started buying those because of the tinny taste of the other stuff. Welcome to the challenge.

Rad - I love that email Did you find a house? Where have you been? I thought the tenants from **** dogs may have eaten you up while you were doing laundry.

Stiesta – It sounds as if you have a keeper girlfriend. He is very thoughtful.

To everyone a good night. I'm about to pass out.

EDITED TO ADD: I messed up the 2nd daqy of TO by being on the phone with my brother and automatically making my shake in the blender. So, I only did one day of the three days that I was going to do. How stupid can I be.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #186  
Karen

Wicked??? Oh, I want to go. That's truly a DEAR DH right now.

Katie, you are awesome. He's a man and he means well but he's a man. Glad you're back on track today. And letting him see your weight on the scale - WOW! Hats off to you, girl.

JulieMarie- I read your post and thought "Man, I dream about Peanut Butter but have never thought about emailing it..." Then I saw Potential Boyfriend. I like that. But in my eyes, he'll always be peanut butter. :-)

My DH tries to be thoughtful. He'll call and ask "How much weight did you lose today?" and then respond with "Well, you've almost caught up to me... I mean, good job. I really need to diet again, blah blah blah" as he pulls his foot out of his mouth. And he just started trying to pull his foot out after I pointed out how much it hurt me. I'm real curious to hear his response when he sees the bag of clothes I had to pull out of my closet because they're too big. I'm sure it will be "Don't get rid of those. You paid good money for those!" I haven't decided what my response will be. I think a hanging would be a bit too harsh, don't you? ;-P
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #187  

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies, I haven't had a chance to catch up but thought I'd post a picture from my trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vaca for web.jpg (42.1 KB, 41 views)
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Julia - you look awesome!!
Ahhhh...Hawaii

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 AM   #189  

Wow Julia-You look beautiful!

Milca-I loved your posts, very funny/true.

I have tried bananas and strawberries in my shake. Tastes pretty good, actually wiith plenty of ice so it's like a milkshake. We can get strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and coffee here. They are kind of expensive, but I'm excited to see what kind of results I get with them.

PP-how's the headache? Migraines are miserable. Have you ever tried aromatherapy to help? I think lavender and peppermint in combo help a lot. I used to get them after a car accident.

Have a good night everyone.

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:50 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

heatherPP~ i got all four...they have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and coffee...but not in the high protein, those are only vanilla and chocolate, they havent made other flavors...sorry...

hey kristi~ i live in NYC, if you need some guidance, or a tour guide, or even meet for coffee, im all for it! then again you probably dont want to waste time in NYC on coffee! have a great trip, if you need any info or help, dont hessitate to ask...

beanie~ you can always get the powder and blend it with 8oz skim milk...its supposed to be the equivalent of the can...maybe that'll eliminate the can taste...

katie~ a size 3...WOW! how tiny were you...i thought you were small now, but jeeze...its good that he gave a peace offering...you guys are so cute, so's stiesta and her hubby...i cant wait for the right guy to come along and for us to share that as well...it makes me sad whenever you guys post how great your guys are...i dont wanna be alone anymore! ok, no pity for me! i know i have plenty of time...blah blah blah...hehe...

julia~ you lucky think, you guys are so cute and tan...i want to go to hawaii!

milca~ thanks for the cheer up posts! very cute...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

HAppy WEDNESDAY!
when i used to work, wed were happy days, half way through the work week!
well i was up a pound yesterday, now down the pound again...i hate 178...but i hate 180 more...errr...gotta go do some exercise in hopes of 177...hope you girlies have a POP day, and i will check in tomorrow...hows everyone doing today,...better spirits?
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #192  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Julia--what a BEAUTIFUL picture--that's a blowup for home for sure. You both look terrific--you are glowing!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #193  
PurpleSunshine

Dairy - So are those good substitutes for the slimfast high protein - you are always so good at comparing the ingredients and calories and stuff? Just wondering -

Aggie - You broke my heart telling me that - I could have swore they came in four flavors...but you're right - Hopefully those other ones can be subs and I can get some different flavors!!!

Kristi - No I haven't tried any aromatherapy for the headaches - I really didn't realize what they were for the longest time. I would get really blurred vision and then after the blurry vision would start getting better, I would get this horrible headache. I talked to the eye doctor about it and he told he it was ocular (sp?) migraines ......they are really weird and very uncomfortable!!!

Julia - Beautiful picture!!! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!!!

Well, i'm doing better with the back this morning - still very painful - but I can move a little better!!!! hoping after today I will back to normal!! HA - NORMAL = ME!!! that will never happen!!!

Well off to do some work - I will check with you chickies later!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Smile

Morning LAdies~ sorry I don't know all your names to memory yet but in due time.. and posting.. Yesterday I was down to 235, then all day I gardened, I could not eat at lunch( visit to the dentist!) so i had a shake and only meat and veggie at dinner.. and today up 1/2 pound.. grrr.. I know I should not weigh daily but it is kind of an addiction.. and my scale is fluky.. so I really go by the way I feel ..I am sore and tired today.. but feeling good about my loss so far.. I started this weightloss journey way backk in 2000.. after the birth of my 6th (LAST!) child.. I was way up to 281.... that year I lost about 20 lbs.. then I kind of flubbed for a year then in 02 I did WW and lost another 25.. brought me into the 230's and I have been up and down from 240 down to 217 and yo yo ing.. but I am on a sling shot pointing downward this time.. I know I can do it ..
my DH says things he thinks will make me want to lose weight , like you know you shouldn't be eating that.. No really??? I tell him please just route(sp) me on like good job hon, I can see a difference.. (even if it's a lie) hahaha positive.. I thrive on that the other just depresses me.. so I just remember he's a man and they don't have a clue at times.. so I try to overlook and think.. martian... haha ok well by for awhile..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #195  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey guys -- quick questioin -- can I use peanut butter as a fat ? and anyone know how much if so ? (I cannot find my book -- )

Thanks for any help !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote