3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Losers and Friends May

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 02:02 AM   #1501
Senior Member
 
aggie2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 536

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

Default

ok well the weekend here in PL is no holiday! so i guess im all by myself on this site! haha...just wanted to wish you guys a great weekend, for those who went away, a safe trip...and for those with me this weekend, check in now and then for some support!

i got a VS...174...yey me....i dont know how thats possible since i was bad all last weekend, test stress...and only tried to stay close to OP...plus i havent exercised in over a week, no time! maybe its a sign, im getting my butt in gear and staying POP...i have 3 weeks left here, and like to get into the 160's...omg, i said the 160's...i havent been in the 160's since i was 19....4 years, maybe not long for some, but for me it seems like forever ago(haha grammer)...for all those stuck in 160 1 hope i push you out of the way into the 150s with my grand entrance,...hehehe

ok, im with JM...a POP weekend,...i hope you stuck with your strength and didnt hit that cake store the next day! i truely look up to you...i wish i had the strength to work to where i want to be as hard as you do! i hope this summer i have more time, i want to start jogging in the neighborhood, what you said was interesting about becoming a part of a jogging group, i wonder how i would find out that sort of info...any ideas? anyway, keep at it, im pretty sure you will zoom right by most of us on your weight loss journey!

heatherCP~ your weight icon was gone, did you used to weight 274 or 271?...wow, 6pds, thats amazing, if thats not encourangement what is! thats amazing, isnt it worth it that you didnt leave! it looks like we both needed a cheat to get the scales moving!

pink~ step away from the bakery! haha, your doing too good to cave...we ordered takeout last night, i got a greek salad, and Dsis got spagetti broccoli...its amazing, ive had it, all night all i could smell was spagetti broccoli...i wanted to die...so hows that for tempation...we have to be strong (well most of the time) haha...
__________________
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #1502
Senior Member
 
mom2fivesweeties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southwestern Illinois
Posts: 539

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Default COD Appointments

Hi Deets,

I joined LAWL BECAUSE there were NO appointments - I'm sure many of you all did too. It's just so convenient to pop in when you can, not when you HAVE to, you know? Especially with the kids out of school for the summer - I have twin 10 year olds, a 9 year old and a 7 year old - there isn't a free moment really. So.....................I was complaining on here and LeeAnn gave me a number to call - LA Help number or something like that - I explained my situation to the lady and she said that yes, I could get a refund because they changed my contract mid-stream - I didn't sign on the dotted line for appointments - so I went in yesterday and they weren't happy, but who cares? I get over $400.00 back (I have TONS to lose) and that's that - I'll be glad when I get the check back.

I would have tried it awhile back, but didn't think it was possible - ask LeeAnn for the number again - I seem to have misplaced it -

I DO need to get this weight off, but maybe I'll be able to do it here without those stupid appointments!

So your center is doing this too? My center is in St. Louis and it's been this way for awhile -

Good Luck -

Lori
__________________

CHRISTMAS GOAL: 100 pound loss
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #1503
Senior Member
 
stacyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 181

Default

I changed my picture---as you can see---it is of my little boy and I at the Preschool Mother's Day Tea.
I had him wear that pink shirt and he said that hte other boys made fun of him..........
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #1504
On stabilization
 
hkychik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tri Cities WA
Posts: 532

Height: 5'5

Default

Stacy - great pic!, My 10 year old DS LOVES pink! He has pink laces in his hockey skates, and last year the name of his mini hockey team was the pink ponies. He is starting to grow out of it now, I think because so many of the guys around here are ok with pink. Gotta be different, ya know?

HeatherCP - WAHOOOOOO! I am so glad you decided to give it another chance!

Denise - where are you, girlfriend? I didn't do so hot this week and need my onederland challenge friend to boost me along!

Aggie, way to stay strong - a greek salad sounds really yummy. I love feta cheese, but haven't had any for a loooong time.

I can't believe centers are going to appointments. That stinks. I hope mine doesn't, although I try to go at the same time each WI - I guess I would have them pencil me in for the next 7 months at 9:30! Glad you are getting a refund, Lori. Gotta love that squeaky wheel.

I made shish-ka-bobs last night for supper. It takes a lot of them puppies to make 7 oz of chicken! They were really yummy though.

Well, off to clean house - or at least make an attempt! I never go into the kids' bathroom - self preservation I think - and last night I had to use it. GAG! So, my kids are about to have their Saturday ruined with chores!
__________________
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #1505
on LAWL
 
Boo'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,136

Height: 5'6

Default

Hey guys--just popping in to say hi--my folks have dial up so needless to say I won't be around much--U-G-H. To all you losers WAY TO GO!!!!! Woohoo!!! HeatherCP--that is awesome! I have been terrible for the past 2 days and will certainly pay for it next week at WI--OH WELL--I'll be mad at myself next week--today we are just having fun hanging out with family.

Aggie--I used to be nervous but I am okay with the flying in a small plane now. We have a 4 seater Piper Warrior--nothing fancy but hubby loves it--it's his baby and I have Boo--fair sounding huh? It really is his child hood dream come true--how can I deny him??

Hope everyone is having a great weekend--talk to you later!

Stacy--love the new photo!
__________________


Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:43 PM   #1506
Bring sexy back
 
Dairy Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 600

Height: 5'6"

Default

I'm back and there is NO way I can catch up. I will post about the wedding later. I just have to say we are settling out my dad's estate and my brother and his girlfriend refused to contribute their 1/4 of the fees to etch my dad's death date on his monument ($115 dollars since my mom already has the monument and it is a double headstone) OR put a footstone with a saying on it since the quote on the front is mainly about my mom ($245). His 1/4 would be less than $100, but he refused. He wants all the money he can scrounge. It makes me really angry, esp. since he and his girlfriend go put white trash dollar tree knick knacks on a $2000+ dollar monument and act like they do it out of remembrance when they won't lay off of $100 of money they only got b/c my dad died to contribute to a REAL lasting tribute of engraving his date of death on the headstone as well as a meaningful foot stone. After this, the wedding crap is minor. Not to mention he has already thrown out almost all my dad's stuff and moved their stuff into my dad's house. THe worst part is that half the rooms are BEER themed (she works at a liquor store and gets free displays...classy, I know). My dad didn't drink alcohol and we are BAPTIST. We have grape juice at communion...what makes them think beer themed rooms (including drinking beer ALL over the kitchen) is what he would have wanted. I can't dictate how to live to them and they certainly can't do EVERYTHING the way he would have wanted, but it is a little weird to have your decor be all beer stuff when you have a small child. Anyway, I'm going to bed.
__________________
Mary

On DASH
Goal: increase my energy, lose weight, fit into smaller clothes!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #1507
Princess Heather
 
CandlePrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 382

Default

Well for those of you still around we didn't get to leave. We got an emergency placement of a six month old little boy about midnight last night. So we decided not to leave town. Our 18 month old DFS is adjusting...sorta. He's not happy to have another child here...but I think he will adjust. Watching some of the goings on is funny. I'll post a few stories later....but now I am so dog tired i have to get a few hours sleep before DFS#2 wants to eat again. He is still eating every two hours.....is it me or is that unusual???? Catch ya'll later....

oh and Aggie...I went from 277 down to 271 according to the scales at SCOD....I just didn't change my ticker back up to 277. OK I'm off now...
__________________
Princess Heather

CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #1508
banned
 
deetsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,390

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klvan
Deets,
Is your center doing the appointment thing, too?
Yes, awful...
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #1509
banned
 
deetsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,390

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2fivesweeties
Hi Deets,

I joined LAWL BECAUSE there were NO appointments - I'm sure many of you all did too. It's just so convenient to pop in when you can, not when you HAVE to, you know? Especially with the kids out of school for the summer - I have twin 10 year olds, a 9 year old and a 7 year old - there isn't a free moment really. So.....................I was complaining on here and LeeAnn gave me a number to call - LA Help number or something like that - I explained my situation to the lady and she said that yes, I could get a refund because they changed my contract mid-stream - I didn't sign on the dotted line for appointments - so I went in yesterday and they weren't happy, but who cares? I get over $400.00 back (I have TONS to lose) and that's that - I'll be glad when I get the check back.

I would have tried it awhile back, but didn't think it was possible - ask LeeAnn for the number again - I seem to have misplaced it -

I DO need to get this weight off, but maybe I'll be able to do it here without those stupid appointments!

So your center is doing this too? My center is in St. Louis and it's been this way for awhile -

Good Luck -

Lori
My center is doing the same thing...I know that number well...Ill call Tuesday! Did you speak to any particular department?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #1510
banned
 
deetsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,390

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Hey guys--just popping in to say hi--my folks have dial up so needless to say I won't be around much--U-G-H. To all you losers WAY TO GO!!!!! Woohoo!!! HeatherCP--that is awesome! I have been terrible for the past 2 days and will certainly pay for it next week at WI--OH WELL--I'll be mad at myself next week--today we are just having fun hanging out with family.

Aggie--I used to be nervous but I am okay with the flying in a small plane now. We have a 4 seater Piper Warrior--nothing fancy but hubby loves it--it's his baby and I have Boo--fair sounding huh? It really is his child hood dream come true--how can I deny him??

Hope everyone is having a great weekend--talk to you later!

Stacy--love the new photo!
WOW, your own plane- thats awesome!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #1511
banned
 
deetsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,390

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
I'm back and there is NO way I can catch up. I will post about the wedding later. I just have to say we are settling out my dad's estate and my brother and his girlfriend refused to contribute their 1/4 of the fees to etch my dad's death date on his monument ($115 dollars since my mom already has the monument and it is a double headstone) OR put a footstone with a saying on it since the quote on the front is mainly about my mom ($245). His 1/4 would be less than $100, but he refused. He wants all the money he can scrounge. It makes me really angry, esp. since he and his girlfriend go put white trash dollar tree knick knacks on a $2000+ dollar monument and act like they do it out of remembrance when they won't lay off of $100 of money they only got b/c my dad died to contribute to a REAL lasting tribute of engraving his date of death on the headstone as well as a meaningful foot stone. After this, the wedding crap is minor. Not to mention he has already thrown out almost all my dad's stuff and moved their stuff into my dad's house. THe worst part is that half the rooms are BEER themed (she works at a liquor store and gets free displays...classy, I know). My dad didn't drink alcohol and we are BAPTIST. We have grape juice at communion...what makes them think beer themed rooms (including drinking beer ALL over the kitchen) is what he would have wanted. I can't dictate how to live to them and they certainly can't do EVERYTHING the way he would have wanted, but it is a little weird to have your decor be all beer stuff when you have a small child. Anyway, I'm going to bed.
Yikes

Im so glad youre back safe and sound...cant wait to hear your details! We missed you!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #1512
Senior Member
 
haylo921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 563

Default

Hello everyone, I hope ya'll have had a good weekend.

My cousin's wedding stuff was over, I didn't have to make any toasts or speeches, it was done by the best man and matron of honor so I felt like enough was enough.

I have been trying to stick as closely to plan as possible I didn't like the dinner at the wedding and I was starving so I just ate the potato's, green beans, and a piece of bread. The bread was not supposed to be part of the plan but oh well, I didn't want to pass out from starvation.
__________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wH4xdDG/]







Janelle
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:42 PM   #1513
Senior Member
 
stacyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 181

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePrincess
Well for those of you still around we didn't get to leave. We got an emergency placement of a six month old little boy about midnight last night. So we decided not to leave town. Our 18 month old DFS is adjusting...sorta. He's not happy to have another child here...but I think he will adjust. Watching some of the goings on is funny. I'll post a few stories later....but now I am so dog tired i have to get a few hours sleep before DFS#2 wants to eat again. He is still eating every two hours.....is it me or is that unusual???? Catch ya'll later....

oh and Aggie...I went from 277 down to 271 according to the scales at SCOD....I just didn't change my ticker back up to 277. OK I'm off now...
OH MY GOSH!
Congrats! (right?) I think being in the situation you are in--feed that child every time he wants to eat! I don't think you can spoil a child in the few first months of their lives........
I can't wait to hear your stories. YOur DFS will adjust. Just keep reminding yourself that he is not the first child that has gone through a new additon to a family!
God Bless you for taking this new child in!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #1514
Princess Heather
 
CandlePrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 382

Default

Well my internet connection is up and down these days (like I have time to be online now!) Surprisingly I am staying on plan! Even with all the changes in our house. We are in the process of getting our new DFS on a schedule of some sort. He slept 5 hours through the night last night and we were so excited! I'm off to start breakfast and cleaning! Catch ya'll later!
__________________
Princess Heather

CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #1515
Senior Member
 
dolphn545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mayfield, PA
Posts: 929

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Default

Heather CP - I agree with Stacy. Although by six months, the baby should be on a normal, more regular schedule, and not eating every 2 hours anymore. But you got him in an emergency situation, so I'm assuming that there was possible abuse / neglect going on? I would probably feed on demand, while working towards a schedule. Get him into your pediatrician too.
Good luck! it takes a special person to want to take in others children and take care of them!!
__________________
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2