Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #136  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I think Ill count it as a 15 just to be safe.It says I should be eating 1630 to lose 2 lbs a week.I only eat about 1200-1300(I use fitday).Is that ok???(Well,except when I am have all the binges I have been having lately!!Bad,bad,bad!!)I am doing better though.I marked yesterday off my calender this morning.Only 27 days to go to be POP,lol

Maybe this is why I have been feeling hungry all the time??

Last edited by angelica1674; 05-02-2006 at 09:26 AM.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Smile

Morning everyone!! Well my scales are steadily moving downward.. yeah!! Weighed in at 235.. can't tell you how many times I have been here..swore I would never be back in the 30's.. grrrr.. but going full steam ahead and this is IT.. my goal for may is to stay OP and lose weight steady whatever rate my body can do it.. to do cardio 2x a week and strength training 1x a week to start... this will build up as i slim down.. I can do this with your support too I will be there for you too.. thanks...Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #138  

Good Morning ladies-
Missmuffet_ thank you for the FABUlOUS complement! I was proud of myself during the smoothie event! Its sad that it keeps happening over and over again!

Aggie- Hope your week is going good!!! SIL is really excited! She lost 2 lbs in the first day! She said she wasnt hungry but there were lots and lots of temptations! So i encouraged her and told her about the smoothie!

I actually had to make sure that i dropped a full glass of water on top of the oreos so I wouldnt get it from the trash! HOW SAD IS THAT??? whatever keeps me from eating! SIL said she would be over to work out but never showed up; so i just cuddled with DH and went back to sleep for an extra hour! Its the week of my finals so I am not pushing myself! I want to get all the rest I can!

Guys have a POP day!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #139  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

rebecca~I have done the same thing!! But I usually put ketchup or mustard all over it ,then throw it away!LOL
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #140  
Katie

Height: 5'1

WTG Kim!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

heatherCP~ its so funny you mentioned that because me and my mom had a conversation the other day about how me and my sister came about to be overweight...my mom blames herself...but i have no clue as to why. if anything she deprived us of candy and sweets...maybe that factored in but i think i started to gain weight on school lunches...she had heard something that the school where tyring to implement Vitamin water over soda...but thats not enough, the fact that i had a cheeseburger with fries or pasta everyday was probably the start of my carb adiction which led to the overeating at home and so forth...i read an article on CNN website about the obesity rate in elementary kids rising to over 50%, wholy cr#p...i remember in my time there being one or two kids that were bigger in my class...its horrible whats happening these day...

boo~ how cute about the chicks, i wish we did stuff like that when we were kids...hey id like to do it now...i bet your excited too!

deets~ sorry if whatever i said seemed negative...just trying to help you see all aspects..but i guess you got that down packed...good luck with the zigzag method...i saw earlier that you said you would give it a try...dont be down...everything will work itself out and start moving for you again...atleast your there...im still far and a long journey is ahead of me...i bet we will all struggle when so close to goal...

kim~ you can do it! woohooo! im with you..my new plan for may is to try and do cardio and weight training to up my loss! were all in this together, its gonna be tough, but we can do it!

rebeca~ hey girlie, im having an ok week, started to exercise again...woosh im tired already...going hard core in MAY...good luck on your finals! and great start for SIL!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #142  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I forgot to weigh this morning...sorry boosmom and deets! I did weigh 167 last night, so I'm guessing it's less than that

I have had to throw food away or give it to the dog to avoid eating it...pretty sad.

My sister only lets my nephews eat 2 meals at school per week- they get to pick the days they really want which ends up being pizza and burger or pizza and fried shrimp. The rest are sack lunches with a sandwich, 100cal pack snack, and fruit. I wish I had someone teach me to eat like that. None of her kids are overweight, but one tends to lean that way and has since birth. He's stayed in check though. I am kinda fanatical about it, too. Since the DR. told me DShad a 90th percentile BMI, I have been measuring his milk even. I have always been strict with the juice (no more than 4 oz day diluted unless he is sick). Anyway, it has thrown him back into a normal BMI percentile (either 50 or 78 percent...I couldn't get a great read on his height) within 2 mos! I'm so glad. I think you lay the foundation for obesity now. I'm not saying if I let him get fat he wouldn't lose weight later in life, but It hink it would make it a more difficult struggle.

Off to music class!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #143  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Well, DH weighed me last night. I don't think that he was very impressed with the results, because then he sat me down and said that I have GOT to start exercising again, no matter what. He was trying really hard to be motivational, and I do appreciate him trying to pump me up, but the whole conversation had me in tears. In fact, I am in tears right now just talking about it. I guess he really brought a lot of my WL fears right to the surface. My TOM is due any minute now, so that does not help much, either. I am really an emotional mess right now. I am still seeing moving pictures in my head of the whole horrible scene with Peaches the other day, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Like I told Dairy, I wish that I had Dumbledore's pensieve. Anyway, DH pointed out that when I was getting up and exercising every day, I was not depressed, and my health was better. I got up this morning and jumped back in to the BL DVD. Wish I could say that it was magic, and I feel back to 100 % now, but I still don't. I am going to commit to exercising every day in May. I have my LAWL calender that they gave me at the first of the year, and I am going to start charting too, like Angelica. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #144  

Good morning!

It feels good to be back among the living. I ended up with a serious infection and a second oral surgery last monday. I felt like I was going to die! I finally went back to work yesterday, and am almost back on solid foods.

I have missed you all! Sounds like everything is moving and shaking as usual.

I have been POOP for 2 weeks, but have managed not to gain anything back. It helps that I could hardly eat at all most of the time. I am starting the challenge today. I was reading about what several of you said about variety and I totally agree. I'm hoping the switch from soft foods to the challenge is really going to kick start my losing. I bought 2 new pairs of capri pants yesterday and am down a whole pant size! Whoohoo!

Heather: I am with you on the whole fat issue. I have worked very hard to avoid trans fat for 10 years, and I just can't bring myself to eat it now. Some lowfat products are ok I think, but I steer clear of fat free. It's pretty common knowledge that trans fat contributes to heart disease, obesity, and even diabetes.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day, everyone!

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #145  

Katie I'm sure that weighing at the end of the day did not help matters. I think you look fantastic. You are an inspiration to me. You are doing fantastic! Hang in there. Want to borrow my bottle of Rescue Remedy?

I love you sis.

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #146  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Well, DH weighed me last night. I don't think that he was very impressed with the results, because then he sat me down and said that I have GOT to start exercising again, no matter what. He was trying really hard to be motivational, and I do appreciate him trying to pump me up, but the whole conversation had me in tears. In fact, I am in tears right now just talking about it. I guess he really brought a lot of my WL fears right to the surface. My TOM is due any minute now, so that does not help much, either. I am really an emotional mess right now. I am still seeing moving pictures in my head of the whole horrible scene with Peaches the other day, and I can't seem to get rid of them. Like I told Dairy, I wish that I had Dumbledore's pensieve. Anyway, DH pointed out that when I was getting up and exercising every day, I was not depressed, and my health was better. I got up this morning and jumped back in to the BL DVD. Wish I could say that it was magic, and I feel back to 100 % now, but I still don't. I am going to commit to exercising every day in May. I have my LAWL calender that they gave me at the first of the year, and I am going to start charting too, like Angelica. I CAN DO THIS! I WILL DO THIS!
I am sorry you feel so bad.I am sure the scale showed a great loss.maybe he was trying to fool you?or sometimes men just think dont think right.Mayeb he thought you should have lost more when in reality it was a great loss.Dont get down!! I know how you feel though.Ive been feeling that way for awhile now.But....NO MORE.We are strong women and we can accomplish ANYTHING we put are minds to!!! The charting is a good thing.I put mine on the front of the fridge along with copy of my "heavy" picture.Last night I got a little hungry from the TO but I looked at the chart and the picture and I was like NO food for me,I cant have it so get outta the kitchen!!lol I hope it helps you too!! Stay strong.You are doing GREAT!!!You have been so strong to stay off the scale .I couldnt even do that for a few days.My prayers are with you
Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #147  

Katie- I am sooo sorry that you are feeling down! I want you to know that you are an inspiration to me! You have helped me more than any of my CODs have, and you dont even get paid to do that! I am sure that the scale showed a great loss! And also we lose inches faster than weight itself! Come on girl! Stay motivated!!! You have come sooooo far! Think of the day you started LAWL, and think of how you felt about yourself then.... I know you are a different and better woman now! You are healthier for your husband and kids and i am sure they appreciate you for that!

Lots and lots of love,
from all of us!!!!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #148  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Killer Cramps again today, I look and feel as though I have 2 innertubes around my middle, and my back is killing me. The DSs are stressing me out, I had to leave work early yesterday because of an issue with the oldest DS that had to be nipped in the bud, and then as soon as I get settled in today and start working out a problem here at work, the nurse at youngest DSs school calls to let me know that he's in the clinic with a headache and earache, and wants to know what I want to do about it. I can't jump in the car and go to him because I'm on the bus today (couldn't drive today because there is a baseball game down here at noon and parking is $20). So I get ahold of DH and ask him to take the DS a dose of sinus medicine to school, and he gets all angry with me for calling him because he was at the nursery trying to pick plants for his veggie garden. ????? I've HAD it today!

I hope you ladies are faring a bit better than me today. Yesterday was POP, so I think I'm hot stuff on the diet front right now.

Hey Deets - I thought you were trying to stabilize as well. Must be because of your ticker. I sure do hope that between the COD and the Chickies here that a viable solution is found for you. My heart goes out to you. And like someone said, we will probably all struggle as we get close to goal, so again thank you for posting your struggles here as a testimony and a reminder that this is a neverending journey.

Katie - Keep your chin up. Angie is right - don't get discouraged by DH comments, especially when you don't know what the scale said. You said you're feeling better and that you know you've lost. You're sticking to plan and you know that as long as you do that you will lose.

Yoga - Welcome back to the world of the living. Enjoy those solids.

Bre - Hey Chickie. Good to see you as always.

Leah, Norissa, Milca, Beanie - ???

Dairy - That is so great about your DH and the 30 lbs. The remark about him being skinny is TOO FUNNY.

JulieM - Way To Go in walking 12 miles!

Gotta go find some drugs for these cramps and then get back to work. to you all!
Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #149  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Katie-

We all have those days, weeks . . . .the exercise probably wil help. Hang in there-you're doing amazing. Just think how lousy you'd feel if you hadn't lost those 52 lbs! The weight loss journey is a roller coaster ride-you're just getting ready to head back up the hill . . . . I'm enjoying my "high" right now for all it's worth-I know the downhill part will come again soon enough!

Man-I'm still a little stiff today even! The good news is I acted like an adult yesterday and emailed PB (potential boyfriend-yes I'm making up my own acronyms) and let him know exactly what was going on in my head and why I was pulling away and everything. He totally understood that he was coming on too strong and we agreed to take it one date at a time. I was so relieved! I instantly felt better about the whole thing and actually looked forward to seeing last nite for a movie. We held hands during the movie, a little good nite kiss, and it was as it should be, you know? I really happy I let him know what was going on so we could fix it and give the relationship a chance.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #150  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Chickies!

Katie, chin up, girlie! You are doing awesome. An inspiration and motivation to us all. I'm sure DH just does't like seeing you depressed, and exercise DOES help with depression.

Kristi - Welcome back! We've missed you too!

I have to totally agree with the mixing it up, too. Whenever I stall, I go slightly OP and it seems to do the trick.

Have a great day, everyone - off to work in the yard... tis the season!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote