I cheated!

• What should I do now??

I am so mad at myself right now. I was soooo bad last night and all day today. I was POP yesterday and then at midnight (when I should've been asleep) I got into the Easter candy. I probably ate 1200 calories (chocolate, fat-free, no-sugar added ice cream and peanuts). Then this morning I got up and felt so guilty. I thought I would eat very lightly to "make up" for last night. Well I ate more ice cream, more peanuts, and another piece of chocolate. Since eating that junk today I have had 2 metamucil fiber wafers and a cup of "dieter's tea." I am just now drinking my first glass of water for the day. What should I do now? Should I start take-off tomorrow instead of waiting until Monday? Should I weigh-in tomorrow? I am pi**ed at myself right now.

BTW, I am on week 5 of the program. I've lost 16 pounds in the first 4 weeks. Why did I eat all this junk? I realize that I cannot have certain "legal" foods in my house (the fat-free, no sugar added ice cream and the unsalted peanuts--they are trigger foods for me [obviously])
  • Merem - I'm not sure about doing TO again that quick but I would suggest - doing the warm lemon water tonight or tomorrow to rid of the extra sodium from all the choc and peanuts and then just stay POP - I think that will help you get back on track - If you want do to TO then by all means do it . I think rad7775 - Milca is starting TO tomorrow - so you would have a TO buddy if that is what you choose to do
  • I agree with Heather...drink the lemon water and lots of plain water. When was the last time you did TO? If it's not 2 weeks yet, then I wouldn't do it. Just chalk it up to a weak moment (we all have them, TRUST ME!!! I've had plenty) and just get right back on plan!
    You've come so far already - don't beat yourself up! And I wouldn't get on the scale for a few days if I were you.
    But it's okay...brush yourself off and keep on going!
  • You can't do TO for every cheat (we'd be doing it every other day). It's really good for getting over vacations or stuff where you don't have much control over your food and nothing is home prepared. It's also good for getting rid of cravings. Don't do it more than every 2 weeks (I don't do it more than every 2 mos I'd bet) The answer is (and I swear I don't mean this rude) GET OVER IT. I'm serious. Guilt will send you into a bad cycle of eating to feel better. So, ya messed up. It happens to everyone. Heatherpp is right about just doing more lemon water and regular water...they won't erase calories but will help you flush the sodium that is sure to show up on the scale and discourage you. In the grand scheme of things, you didn't do too badly. 3500 calories is a pound, and even with rich foods like chocolate or peanuts it takes a lot more than what you ate to be a pound (or even a half pound for that matter). Don't beat yourself up. Learning to live without a guilty relationship with food will make your healthy lifestyle permanent. Not a single one of us hasn't done what you have done, so don't feel bad!
  • AMEN Dairy!
  • merem:
    Girl, we all have gone trough this, just take a deep breath, put it in the back, the past is the past... I agree with Tina and Heather if you decided to do TO check when was your last, and then if is more than 2 weeks then join me, I am going to start mines tomorrow, we can support each other, TO is more fun and less painful when you do it with a partner. We all have our slips but the important thing is to stand up and don't give up!
  • Quote: Learning to live without a guilty relationship with food will make your healthy lifestyle permanent.
    Love this phrase that you just said!
  • My COD told me that if we didn't break down and cheat every once in a while we would never stick to it! Wow! 16 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome! Just tell yourself you will start over tomorrow. It will be OK!!!
  • Thanks for your advice. Dairy, I'm going to JUST GET OVER IT.

I did TO when you guys on the challenge did it. I'm due for TO this Monday so I'll wait until then. I'll do what you all said about the lemon water and get back on track right this minute. I'm off to the gym right now so I'll check with you all later.