Old 04-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #1  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Default Supplements

What brands of supplements do you use? I'm using the tri-maxx and fb 500 but I want to buy something comparable and less expensive when I run out. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Merem, I don't take either one of those, but wanted to say that you can get EFA's at Walmart for $6.00, and I buy my multi vitamin and my calcium at the dollar store.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #3  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I take a multi vitamin, do you think I need calcium too?

I take flax oil capsules(2 a day) would the EFA be better?
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I take the flax oil, too...basically the same thing. You're still getting your Omegas. That is all I am taking right now.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have read a lot of stuff related to calcium and WL, and since we only get 1 dairy, I take calcuim morning and night.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #6  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Thanks,i might add a calcium in too.Just in the evening though.I cant take it with my synthroid.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #7  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

I have fish oil caplets and vitamin E caplets. Will that work for the EFAs? It doesn't look like you all take any "diet pills." Should I even bother buying any diet pills for appetite suppression (like the tri max) or fat burners (like the fb 500)? What do you all think? Is it just a waste of money to buy those products?
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #8  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I tried the trimax/fb500 combo for a month and didn't see any difference--except in my $$. Maybe others have had better success.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/258/200

Merem I talked to my counselor yesterday about supplements and she said that I could take a vitamin from Wal-Mart, but to make sure that it's for diets under 2,000 calories. So, I decided to buy their vitamins. $10.00 a month is not too bad.
1luckychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #10  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Merem, I took Xcel for probably 4 months and decided to stop taking them only because I figured if I want to do a real lifestyle change, I need to change some of my ways...who would take a diet pill the rest of their life? I was afraid to stop taking them because I thought I would be hungry, lose energy, etc. (I've been taking the Xcels practically since day one). I haven't noticed any changes whatsoever. So in my opinion, they don't work.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/152/140

Question Vicki140

I agree with you. I would be interested in knowing what other options there are to replace Tri-Max and FB500, as I am almost out of my supplements, and I do see a difference. I have wondered if anyone has had success purchasing the products on e-bay and one person mentioned buying EFA at Walmart. Is it the same in terms of contents? What do you know about this EFA?
Vicki140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merem
I have fish oil caplets and vitamin E caplets. Will that work for the EFAs? It doesn't look like you all take any "diet pills." Should I even bother buying any diet pills for appetite suppression (like the tri max) or fat burners (like the fb 500)? What do you all think? Is it just a waste of money to buy those products?
It is 100% a waste of money to buy fat burners or appetite suppression pills. First of all, they don't work as claimed, and second of all-there are usually side effects. Plus-with things like the original Dexatrim from the 80s being pulled off the market for deaths, and the same thing happening with ephedra here recently-why take the chance??? Appetite suppression can be done for free by making smarter choices with your food exchanges. A bowl of oatmeal is a more filling starch than a small roll. An apple is more filling than a bit of juice. Your individual food choices make a big impact on your hunger levels.

I do not think it is necessary to take a million vitamins each day. If you are using the LA Lites, or Luna bars or something to that effect-or even eating cereal each day-these foods are all fortified, and basically have the equivalent of 1/4-1/2 a multivitamin fortified in them already. So-if you normally eat a couple foods each day that are fortified, then multivitamins are not really necessary.

I do think that calcium is important for the LAWL plan, though, because the calcium levels on the plan are so low. (One of the things I wish LAWL would change!!!!)

I currently do take DHA/fatty acids/fish oil each day, simply because I am pregnant, and will when I am nursing. If you normally eat fish each week-they are unnecessary, but if you never eat fish, then they are a fine addition.

You can always get these same vitamins at Wal-Mart, or wherever, and they are much cheaper than buying them from LAWL.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote