Old 04-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #151  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Thanks Izzy--I added it to the sahke breakdown thread so we have quite a variety.

I had decided if I did the slimfast i wanted the Low Carb--of course they are not at my Walmart! I'll try in town next trip.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #152  

Hey guys!
Today is my first day after TO and I must say that I wasn't crazy about the shake! It was a chocolate high protein slim fast and I got it down, but I didn't enjoy it. Do you think the shake replacement really helps?? I will continue if you all think I should. I bought 4 so maybe I'll see what results I have.
As for Fast food, I really like the taco bell taco (the one on plan in the back of the book) It counts as 1s 1/2p I think.
I haven't got all my food in today. Looks like I'll be drinking a V-8 and eating a 1/2 grapefruit here before too long....
****My friend is in from out of town and we are going out tomorrow night. If I have wine, and drink my lemon juice the next day, I should be ok Right? I figure 1 glass is 2f?
Hope everyone had a great day!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 120

Thanks Dairy Fairy and love2eat for your suggesions I will let everyone know if I decide to join.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #154  

also, do you count one piece of 35 calorie bread as 1s?
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #155  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Stacyj, yes on the bread...kind of a ripoff, huh? Also, I do think the shakes help to keep your TO weight off for good, but I have never done it for as long as the challenge so I can't tell you about that.

Boosmom-try Kroger if you have one. That is where I found the lowcarb shakes. My sister got them on clearance at her walmart, so they must have phased them out.

Day 1 of TO almost complete...need to finish my last bottle of water and I may have some of my stevia sweetened tea...loving that.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #156  
Butterfly Within

S/C/G: 198/184/145

Height: 5`7

Hi! i`m new here! can I join in the challenge too?
i`m doing SF Optima Bars .and when my daugheters are in school i go to Ladies Workout Express.(i`m hoping to find a babysitter so i can go over the summer) xoxo Maryann
moodymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #157  
Missing Ohio

Default Low Carb

BoosMom - you're welcome, I forgot about the shake thread. I looked for the low-carb shake at my Walmart and they didn't have it either. Did buy Optima High Protein, High Protein, and Atkins Advantage. May have to get it online.

Also, noticed that online price is double for low carb at $9.43-9.63/4-pack compared to what the others cost.

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 04-19-2006 at 10:11 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #158  
Bring sexy back

Bre-check kroger...the low carb is $5.39 for a 4 pack this week (reg. 5.69 here).
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

If you have cub foods they are $4.99 a 4 pak there. I don't think the low carb slimfast shakes taste as good as their other ones. Went to my cod today and I was down 1 lb from last wi on Monday. They have a 8 week plan that involves doing to every 2 weeks and eating op the rest of the time. Of course they say the to has to be with their take off juice. Their saying 30 lbs in 8 weeks. Buy 3 bottles and get one free. Which knudsen juice is close to the lawl takeoff juice? I am still drinking the sf shakes for one meal each day.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #160  
Bring sexy back

30 lbs in 8 weeks is freaking ridiculous. I think they're full of it if they actually think that can happen (maybe in a very overweight person who has a whole lot to lose, but not for someone within 20-30 lbs of goal for sure). It sounds gimmicky and reminds me of those dumb nutrisystem commercials that have THE dumbest women on the planet ("some people call me hot, tee hee hee"). I love the low carb shakes, but that is just me...I'm really use to artificial sweetener twang and protein bar tastes, so maybe that helps.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #161  

I bought slimfast optima in french vanilla. Was I supposed to get low carb? I am starting my second day of TO so I still have time to return them.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #162  
on LAWL

Dairy--I am like you and have learned that carbs are not my friends so sometimes it's more sacrifice but tha's life-huh? We don't have Kroger but our Marketstreet United usually has our best selection. Our town is pretty small so 15 minutes into Amarillo is normal! My centers 8 week challenge is identical to the 6 week challenge everyone here is doing just 2 more weeks and I'm pretty sure they were promoting a lower weight. Like you--30 lbs is excessive and not likely to stay off.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #163  
on LAWL

Nikki--the Low Carb has the lowest carbs and sugar and the highest protein (protein is the same as the la slimdown) but apparently they are also hard to find so I think most people are just using what they can find.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #164  
Bring sexy back

Ok, I need some support! I only lost 1/2 lb on day one of TO and I was at 170. Maybe today I will work on EXTRA water and try a different protein and see what happens with it. I have to finish TO because our Easter trip was awful as far as starting cravings. Poor DH doesn't do TO and he says he is starving every day after all the carbs we had at his relative's house.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
Ok, I need some support! I only lost 1/2 lb on day one of TO and I was at 170. Maybe today I will work on EXTRA water and try a different protein and see what happens with it. I have to finish TO because our Easter trip was awful as far as starting cravings. Poor DH doesn't do TO and he says he is starving every day after all the carbs we had at his relative's house.
Bummer -- don't you hate that? All that sacrifice and not much payout. I'd try pounding the lemon water today, you could be retaining water. Sometimes I just don't get a good result on TO, not sure why. But don't get discouraged, keep going, it will eventually come off! Good luck!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote