Old 04-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #1  

Default Take Off

I am starting take off today to try to get back on the track of things and get my body to DO something. I've been sitting at the same weight now for about a month (give or take a few ounces here and there).

I see we can eat lettuce for takeoff, can we use FF dressings during this time?
lacey125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #2  

I think it's no condiments, anyone else out there that can verify?

I usually stick to cooked veg. because NO way can I eat dry salad!!

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  

Default Me too...started Takeoff today

I asked specifically if we could use anything else (condiments). The response was no. You can use herbs and spices, other than that, nothing but the protein and veggies. I'm on the red plan, and I don't know if it's different for any others.
hollybeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #4  
Determined

I'm not on LA weight loss, but salad tastes good with lemon juice squeezed on it with some pepper and it's calorie free.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

I'm doing TO starting monday morning. I havent been eating much the past 2 weeks and was going to just do the protein and the drink. I cant do the limited because I cant have the lites. Does this mean I do the unlimited I assume? My COD didnt say anything about it. I figure start with just the juice and protein and if I am still hungry to snack on the veggies. Any veterans know differently?!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/160/135

I got told I could have oil salad dressing or a vinegar based dressing.
austinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #7  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

MY family member who goes to cod was told condiments are ok on TO, just stick to the 3 per day. I have been on the diet almost a year, and I still see a 3 lb loss on TO despite the fact that I do use my 3 condiments. I always eat taco salad during TO, so I season my meat really well with lite salt, cumin, garlic, and chili powder, then throw it over lettuce and cilantro. I use ff sour creamto dip my fork in to get the dressing feel. Mind you I rarely do TO because it's a pain in the butt to be so restricted.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #8  
Princess Heather

Doing TO now, using the juice..yuck! But I was told at my SCOD that I could do low fat dressing, and the paper I have says that as well. Hope that helps!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I love lime juice on my salad.

Megan- You nedd to add about 400 calories in protein to the limited TO if you are not doing the bars.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #10  

Default I can have condiments?

Yippee! I'm happy to hear that. I wonder why I was told no. Everyone else seems to be able to have them. Weird. Perhaps the new counselor was misinformed. Oh well. I'm having them tonight then.
hollybeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #11  
Katie

And yet again, the COD remains consistent with their inconsistency!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #12  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

I think that all depends in what kind of TO you are doing, if it's the unlimited you can have condiments, if it's the limited you can't have them, I have both papers (limited and unlimited) and that's what they said.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #13  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

I think I am doing the most messed up version of TO. I am drinking the juice. And some water. But so far I have only had 4 egg whites all day. I dont feel like eating. Everytime I eat I feel awful. But I have noticed that my body is starting to store. I'm not eating but the scale is going back up. Any suggestions (besides going to the doctor) as to what I should/could do?

Also is it bad to do TO during TOM? Just curious. Think I might be getting it today but not sure. I wouldnt think it would be bad but I have no idea.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #14  

I am doing TO today...
I had 3oz of peel and eat shrimp for dinner (I had 3oz of chicken around lunch time)
It is on the TO that shrimp is ok--but --it is salty. I'm wondering if it is the best thing for me to eat.
Any ideas to help me get through tomorrow? I read where one person ate taco meat on lettuce, but i didn't see hamburger meat on the menu.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #15  
Katie

Turkey burger taco meat. Brown your turkey burger, then add some cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and a little Mortons. I love these taco salads, and eat them for nearly every meal when on TO.