Old 04-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Easter Weekend Planning

Good morning!

I am a bit stressed about next weekend. I have done very well with LAWL in the last 5 weeks (17 lbs) but next Saturday morning we are going up to my folks to spend the night, returning Sunday afternoon. We are spending the night in a hotel (I've learned this is the best thing.)

My problem is I want to be completely on program but I will not be in complete control of the meals. Here's the schedule:

Saturday: Breakfast @ home (then leave), Lunch on the road, fast food, Dinner...Out...Sit down restaurant..

Sunday: Breakfast @ hotel, Lunch...Easter dinner at my parents house with ham and TONS of off program side dishes, Dinner...On the road, fast food.

The obvious one where I can regain control is breakfast @ hotel...I was thinking of substituting an LA drink....Perhaps I could do the same with "lunch on the road" Saturday and Dinner on the road Sunday (unless, of course DH springs a "plan" on me last minute to visit the evil inlaws on the way out for "dinner")?

Maybe I sound nutty but I really do want to stay on program.

I think Easter dinner will be the most stressful because my parents associate food with these events (a center piece, actually)....not to mention, visiting the family of origin is stressful to me anyway.

I really don't want to go but a very close family friend, who has done a lot for my family, is going to be confirmed and brought into the Church. Honestly, if it wasn't for this event, I wouldn't be going up there.

I would appreciate any feedback or recommendations...
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Plan ahead and pack OP items and dont let food be the center of the celebration. Its about the people and the occaision, drink a lot of water to keep your hands and mouth busy and move on
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #3  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Space:
Agree with DEETS.
Girl I hear you, is like too much temptations in two days.I don't know what plan are you, but maybe this will give you an idea. When you are on the road if you go to a fast food, and if you don't want to break your diet, stick to salad and chicken, save your starches for dinner in nice restaurant, in the hotel in the morning what I do is ask for a three egg omellet with veggies on it and 1/2 of a bagel and fruits, that is heavy breakfast , that keeps you full and when you go lunch with your parents you use the rest of your meals. Save at least some veggies so while you are on the road for dinner you can eat a salad. Hope this help!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #4  

Thanks for the advice. I know planning is the key here and in fact, already know what I'll do for lunch Saturday and where we are eating Saturday night. That is half the battle right there...
Old 04-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #5  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Space - Can you ask your Mom to make a veggie dish without sauce or butter? Alternatively, I sometimes fill my plate with some veggies and potatoes when they are just done being cooked and before the butter or other "sauce" gets put on them. I personally don't think ham is that bad - the only problem is the increased sodium, so be sure to fit some lemon water in.

I agree with Milca - I would save your starches for the evening. Bring some fruit and veggies with you in the car so that you can munch before going into a fast food place too hungry.

I, too, am worrying about this weekend. More because I don't know what we are doing. I think this is one downfall to any diet program - they don't really teach you hot to live. The plan is great when you are at home and have control over your meals, but I struggle with all other situations and my COD isn't very helpful.

Other things the COD has told me - you can trade FV for D or for S (this is with Gold/Blue portion sizes). They don't recommend doing it very often (especially the extra S), but wrote it in my diary for me so I wouldn't forget. I trade for a D every once in a while, but have never traded for an S.

Good Luck (I think we all will need some).
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #6  

My COD told me I can have a small slice of ham and count it as a protein. I did ask my mother what we are having for a vegetable. Her answer was "green bean casserole".

I like that stuff but I don't consider it a "vegetable"'. I wonder if a 1/2 cup serving is a V and a S? I'll ask COD.

She asked me what I wanted and I told her steamed broccoli, no butter. But, she asks me what I want then gripes about it. Hmmm...the other thing is to bring a vegetable plate with raw veggies and dip for those who want it (that won't be a problem for me).

For "dessert", I can always have an LA Lite (Though, if I do that in front of my mother, she will want a "taste"..and like a kid, act "offended" if I don't give her one. The last time they were at my house, about 3 weeks ago, I had to hide my LA Lites because she would have wanted one...and thought me 'rude' for refusing her. Like most of us, I have a mother with "issues".)
Old 04-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #7  

Suzanne...Hang in there. That is a worse situation (not knowing what's on the menu) but you could probably count on typical Easter fare (ham, casseroles, etc).

I don't begrudge the program, especially in the weight loss phase. I know sacrifices have to be made to lose the weight and not take forever to do it. If I want to lose 2-3 pounds per week (my average right now is about 3) then it will take work. I also know that maintenance, though not easy, does allow a bit more freedom of choice as long as you compensate for any indulgences. I also know that once I get to goal and if I want to stay slim, I will need to be vigilant for the rest of my life.....weighing myself every day and being honest with myself on the "fit" of my clothes.