Old 03-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default What's your COD session like??

I have been such a good girl and I am finally losing steadily.

One thing I am curious about, though, is what happens with others when they meet with their counselor.

Right now, the counselor weighs me first. Then, we go into a little cubby where she sits at a desk, takes my blood pressure, asks me when my last BM was, then proceeds to go through my diary.

It is the diary thing that frustrates me. It seems that no matter what, they always find something to criticize, even though I am losing weight and following the program to the letter. For example, I had a pretzel at the mall which is perfectly acceptable. I counted it and was thrilled. This gal says, "That is too much starch for one serving. It would be better if you spread your starches out over a few meals." I replied that I was losing weight (I lost 2 more pounds last week) at their suggested rate and why was the pretzel on the tip card if I was discouraged from having it? She just shrugged and handed me my diary back.

You know, I am loving how I feel now being back in control. It just seems to throw cold water on me, though when they pick apart my diary like this - especially when I would challenge anyone to find anything wrong with what I am doing. It would be one thing if I wasn't losing...ya know?

So, I was just curious if ya'll get the same treatment. It's like the counselors at my center feel like "help" only comes by pointing out something wrong.

I have finally figured out that it is the trip to be weighed in regularly that keeps me on the straight and narrow road, so weighing in is a must. I'm just wondering about not bringing my diary in. But, even that seems self-defeating...

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi. I LOVE my center (so far). I've told them up front I don't want any supplements. Although I really like the LA Lites! I bought the cookbook (at their "suggestion") because I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over.

Usual routine is to weigh in first, sometime they take my BP, not always. Then they look through the food diary. I'm fairly new to this, so I've been pretty good about not deviating from plan. I was eating one of my fruits in the evening, and she only suggested to try to have it earlier in the day because of the energy.
Although the true test will be at next WI. I had sausage egg & cheese on an english muffin this morning. Sausage is NOT part of my plan, so I'm curious as to their response!
I've been trying to go to the center 3x/week. I like having to account to somebody, especially since it was prepaid!
If I go on a Friday, they will always ask what's going on for the weekend, and if I foresee any challenges.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #3  

Hi W. Texas!

At my center here, it depends on the counselor. Some are harder on you than others -- it seems the ones who are easier on you are also the less-knowledgable ones...double-edged sword, huh? I have legitimately forgotten my diary a couple of times and they didn't even complain about that, as long as I showed a loss.

Usually you get weighed, then the diary, then Blood Pressure - then, some sort of sales pitch on cookbooks or internet or Carb Cravers, which I always turn down...

I agree that it's the accountability of going that's the important thing...and, I told them actually in the beginning that I respond WAY better to positive reinforcement!

When I've had a bad day, I can come to this forum for some REAL suport.

Hugs,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #4  

Marbear, you are so right! Obviously, I would take any suggestion if my weight wasn't going down. I'll need to speak up at my next weigh-in if it is another repeat of the same thing. It seems like there is a need to say something - I would appreciate an "atta girl!" since they know that I have had a hard time getting this show on the road!

Sherry, I am never asked about anything coming up or any challenges I might forsee. One of the things that has made me laugh every time I think of it is the time my youngest DD had a twirling competition out of town and I asked how to handle this. Her answer - Cook more chicken! I still scratch my head over that! How is cooking more chicken supposed to help me on a day trip out of town?

Thanks, ya'll. I go in on Tuesday, so we'll see what happens!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Mary--I'm with you--I am at a point where I am really having to mix it up planwise, not have certain foods even if they are on plan, starches early in the day, nothing after 7:00, and subbing a shake for my afternoon bar. I am a master rationalizer so I tell myself it's because I am getting closer to my goal. My goal weight is high but for my frame and build it's a really good weight. Regardless, it's so hard going in week after week without the magic # of 2 lbs.

I really like my center and for the most part it's pretty routine: weigh, go to cubby, BP, diary, and luckily never a sales pitch (unless I have the misfortune of getting a new girl--which I work not to) The diary critique really doesn't come into play unless I haven't shown a 2 lb loss--which is a lot lately!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #6  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I really like my center no pressure and they do the same as above. They take my BP about once a week. They only ask me if I need any bars every other visit or so and I just say no. They do go over my journal each visit, but the only way they say anything suggestive is if I have a gain or am not losing. All the girls are very nice and I feel like I've know them for a while, since I go in so often.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #7  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

My COD are pretty cool no pressure at all and if I feel that one day somebody is pushing to made me buy something I would say "No and please I appreciate that you stop pushing me to buy something that I don't want or need and Thank you!".
Andi:
I wasn't there but, maybe the counselor wasn't telling you that in a bad way, maybe was trying to give you an advice or something.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote