Old 03-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Default Newbie from Kentucky

Hello everyone. I joined LAWL this morning and I am so excited to get started. I've read some posts here and you all seem very helpful. I'm doing my 2 day takeoff program starting this morning. I can't wait to go back to LAWL tomorrow and find out the next step for the weekend.

I was curious about the LA Lites. I signed a contract saying that for them to guarantee I would reach my goal in 25 weeks I would need to consume LA Lites as directed by the company but when I asked the counselor about this she said it wasn't necessary to join but it was recommeded to acheive the 2 pound per week weight loss. I did buy a month supply of 2 supplements. I don't like to take pills but I thought I could try them. (I don't have them with me right this minute. They are downstairs in the kitchen and I'm afraid I'll wake up the kids if I go down there and look Anyway, I was wondering how many of you used the LA Lites and/or supplements. If you do not use the Lites or supplements what kind of results are you getting? I'm just concerned about the cost of everything.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

welcome merem. I dont use the lites but I cant because I am allergic to dairy. I dont really lose the 2lbs per week but I am losing weight and inches so its okay in my mind. I used the reduce plus for a little bit but didnt really see a change in anything so I stopped taking them. Just stick to plan and you will do fine. A lot of the chicks around here sub the lites for luna bars that you can get at your local drugstore or grocery store and they are very similar. Stick around and you will find many good sub options and good weight loss tricks!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Merem! Congrats on joining!! I do not do the bars, and I have been losing just fine. Come on over to the losers and friends thread and say hello!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:34 PM   #4  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Merem,
You don't need to do the lites or the supplements to make it work. There are several chickies on here that are doing awesome and don't do the lites. If you choose not to do the lites and you don't meet your goal and stay on plan, you will just have to buy more weight loss weeks instead of them giving them to you for free. The supps can be bought anywhere, there's are not any better than any others you can buy.
Some do the pria or luna bars in place of the lites. I do the lites because I like them, but I buy my vitamins elsewhere.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #5  
Losing the Weight!

Welcome! You'll really enjoy the Support here.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

I cannot comment on the lites or the supp's b/c I don't go to the COD, but I wanted to say welcome tto the boards - there are alot of wonderful people here!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #7  

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's good to know there is a great support system and I found it here. I'm glad I can substitute luna bars or pria bars for the LA Lites. I read another post somewhere on this forum that I can subsitute the Slim-Fast Optima High Protein drinks for the LAWL shakes. Money is just so tight these days but I want to be successful for myself and my family. It's really good to know that I can stick to the plan and still be successful without all their products. I will definitely be checking for more great tips.

Oh, another question. What are good substitutes for the supplements?

Thanks again for all of your advice
Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
I cannot comment on the lites or the supp's b/c I don't go to the COD, but I wanted to say welcome tto the boards - there are alot of wonderful people here!
What does COD mean? I can't figure it out.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

COD means center of doom. As for the supplements most you can get at a local drugstore also like the EFA are fish oils *i believe thats right* and the calcium you can get there. The reduce plus is CLA or CJA (I can check at home tonight). If you ever have a question post it as a new thread and you will get feedback.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote