Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #1  

Question Purple plan and grocery shopping

Hey,
I am on the Purple plan and grocery shopping is kinda hard as I am a picky eater but I adapt to everything....

So my question is do you girls plan ahead or just go for what you know? also do you do menu shopping
PrincessZaria_N_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #2  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

When I go grocery shopping I take my book(plan) with me and buy the things that I see in the book that I really like, because I wanna make sure that I am buying the things that are allowed. By the way, I'm on purple too.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I'm on gold but found in the beginning (especially since I am picky, too) that it was easiest to just buy all the individual stuff. We ate a lot of salad with turkey or chicken, turkey foldover (1 piece of bread), baby carrots, mini bagel. It's definitely easier on you if you plan out your menu--at least a few days at a time so you know you are getting it all in. Check out the journal page for ideas on breakfast, lunch and dinner--someone has probably already done the hard part of planning and now you can tailor it to your own likes. Good Luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #4  

in the beginning i would suggest stocking up on a few things (like no salt seasonings, extra OP meat...etc) but I also think planning is essential in the beginning. I also took my book with me when i first tarted all the time, but now i am an old pro

Just because of my hectic schedule and how easily i can be lead astray if I don't have a meal planned when i an ready to eat, I still plan for the entire week. I mainly stick to my dinner plan and I base it on what is going on that day (like i have to cook a bigger dinner on monday becuase I have class on Tuesday and have to have leftovers) I have now gotten to the point were I can interchange some fruits, veggies and starches from what i planned for when needed. But for me if I didn't and still now if i don't plan, I will be headed for Dorito land before i know it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #5  
Princess Heather

Although I am not on the purple plan the advice is essentially the same. I am a planner by nature and it was easier for me to plan things out rather than to wing it. Although it was nice having a frozen meal or something fast when my plans had to change. I still plan a weekly menu and shop from the list..and that's the only way I stay on track. If I look away from the plan I tend to binge and gain. It's easier to stray when you don't have a plan.

Good luck and we will help you stay on target!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

I was on purple and when I went grocery shopping for the first time ever I made a list of all the recepies that I wanted to try and the ingredients that i would have needed for them and went with my huge list. I also bought the lite salt and other flavorings that are OP. Now I am kind of a daily shopper. I just go in get what I need and leave. Its much easier for me that way. Plus I know now what I can and cant have so I dont need to make alist or bring my book. Do what works best for you and your lifestyle.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote