Old 02-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #1  

Default The Jerusalem Diet

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the Jerusalem diet. There is a book about it and the author is a Pastor and he created the diet. You diet 1 day a week and set your weekly goal for 1 pd a week and if you go over and gain you have a diet day which consists of fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds and water, but if you don't gain you don't have to have a diet day. Oh they recommend you exercise 1 hour on your diet day. They say its works, but hmmm I don't know. Was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows anything about it...thanks bj
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  

I read about it in a magazine. I didn't buy the book. I modified it slightly to meet my needs ... I have a LOT to lose (getting back on the band wagon after many failures) ... so I decided 2 pounds a week and two days of fruit-veggies-nuts-seeds (fvns) no matter what the scale says. Also, I was afraid caffiene withdrawal could trigger over-eating so on my fvns days I still drink my usual 2 cups of black coffee. I lost 3 1/2 pounds the first week. My 2nd week started today.

I find that so far anyway, this seems to work for me psychologically. I can have whatever I want "tomorrow". One day I dreamed up a million calorie "tomorrow" but when tomorrow came I gave into my desire for a McDonald's breakfast but that was it. I didn't feel guilty and didn't think "I blew it, why bother continuing?" And after that day, the scale was actualy down another 1/2 pound.

You have to learn to accept the daily fluctuations ... I lost 4, lost 1/2 and then went up went up 2, up 1, and eventually down to 3 1/2 pounds lost .... but I keep telling yourself that's how it's supposed to work.

Will it work long term? I hope so. I can honestly say I 'never went off plan for since I started 8 days ago' ... even though I ate stuff that definitely be considered 'not diet' ...

Ask me again in a month how I feel about it. :laugh I figured it's not all that unhealthy ... really the only thing lacking on fvns day is dairy/calcium, but I'm eating such "good stuff" on those days and I make apoint of watching calcium intake on other days ... and I chew a few tums (for calcium, not heartburn )

Good luck if you decide to try it.
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #3  

Well ... 3 weeks into MY version of the Jerusalem diet and I'm down 7lbs ... no complaints! No stress, no feeling deprived or sorry for myself. BUT ... I'm still skeptical!!
Step is offline   Reply With Quote