Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #1  
Love Handles Me!

Cool News from this islands!

Aloha Everyone,

We are having heavy rains and a there's a flash flooding alert for the islands. I am sorry I haven't been vocal enough about posting to everyone else's posts. Am I the only one that is having a slow down with the computer system accessing each post.

But I like to congratulate everyone on their weight loss regimens and for those who are having a bad time, stick in there it will shed soon, just stick to the plan.

I am on the no lites purple plan, I have converted my proteins to vegetable burgers and tofu, slightly. I still eat chicken breast and lean meats here and there. I have combined my starches to eat during lunch. I take the FB500 and Carb Enders just for the heck of it. I started LAWL on 02/06/06 and have gone down 8 pounds so far, and 4 inches.

My exercise is every other day 20 minutes of interval cardio, its a quick workout and I lose about 124 calories each time. The first time I did it the next day I was walking as if I rode a horse for three days straight. I'm walking fine now, I just pushed myself through it and now its painless.

I have cheated once or twice but it was just with drinking Bloody Mary's and when I went to the center she said the vodka was a starch and the mix was substituted for my veggies. Hey I thought I gained but I lost two pounds. I said it before, alcohol does my body good. LOL! No more cheating though.

I have a couple more weeks though to lose my remaining 15 pounds, can I do it. Its been 4 weeks I have 9 weeks to go. I'm feeling a little shellshocked. I'm just waiting to get below the 140 mark. We'll see on Monday when it will be exactly a month.

Should I do another TO now to get over that hurdle. Tell me what you think!

Sorry for such a long post. Had to vent and let you know my progress.

Oh and wow there were so many new faces when I went into the center today. Newbies on the payroll whats up with that!

Chat with ya laters, aloha from the islands.

Melissa

kaua4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #2  
Karen

Hello, Melissa. You said "no more cheating" in reference to the bloody mary. This is my thought. I know that once I'm at goal, I will still want an occasional drink. Since I've done this a time or two (lost weight and gained it back), I've decided that I am going to make my weight loss program mirror my life. I'm drinking in moderation... well, compared to before LAWL. ;-P The COD counselors say I could lose tons more faster if I'd go without alcohol for an entire week. Yes, I'm sure I could. But how would I learn moderation? And once I was done with LAWL, it would just be a matter of months before I was heading back up the scale.

And, for me, whenever I have something that I want that is not on plan (or too much of something that is), I try to accommodate for it. For example, I wanted a White Castle hamburger - DESPERATELY. So I ordered one. For those of you not familiar with White Castles (or Krystals), it's a very small patty with tons of onions on a small bun. On WW, it was only a few points (4 or less) so I estimated the breakdown for plan. The meat was 2-3 oz of hamburger - 1/2P for me. I counted the bun as 2S and threw in the 1 fat for good measure. Now I knew my COD would go ape over a WC burger on the diary so I recorded it as deer burger (and I got the 2nd half of P at home with deer burger) and 2 slices of lite bread. I had a spinach salad with everything and was satisfied. In fact, the White Castle burger wasn't as good as I expected. I stayed on program and had almost a pound loss at weigh in the next day. If I had denied myself the burger, who knows what I would have eaten at home.

Also, I found out that my body processes wine better than beer or liquor as long as I accommodate by counting it as my fruits and don't drink it every day. Oh, and I always drink at least 8 oz of water with every glass of wine.

Good luck!
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #3  
Love Handles Me!

Thank you for your post it made me smile and laugh at the same time. It reminded me when I went in and I was 2 pounds lighter and then I came out with it and told her I had two drinks. And admitted the cheating. LOL!

Shame on me though, I know I'm setting a bad example but if I gain, I promise not to post a bad comment regarding my bad judgment gone bad.

Oh the center just called and said I can start TO tomorrow to help me get over the hurdle of the 10 pound mark.

To us in our goals to becoming lighter and diet smarter.
kaua4me is offline   Reply With Quote