Old 03-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #1  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Talking Who wants to kick my butt first?!

Okay ladies, I need a MAJOR butt kicking. And some MAJOR support! The DBF and I were talking last night and we kinda made a bet. If I get down to 160 by 4/26 *or somewhere around that date, I'm not 100% sure what my goal date is* then we will go to get pictures taken. I know it sounds stupid, but he hate *and I mean HATES* having his picture taken so its kinda a big thing for me.* I didnt want to ask my COD today about loseing the weight fast bc I got stuck with the lady I cant stand! I guess what I need is a lot of tips on how to lose the weight fast. We decided last night no more eating out when we are together and if we do eat out we both have to get something from the book. I am also trying to run 30 minutes every other day, but I might change that to everyday. So ladies how can I make this weight melt off of me?! What foods should I eat? What exercises should I do? What should I avoid? What should I do about cravings?! Any and all advice is much needed and appreciated. You ladies have all had such great success losing the weight, now I want to be like you. *and I also dont want to lose this bet!!*

**I know this is totally off subject but he is a smoker and needs to quit if anyone is or was a smoker and knows of good ways to quit those are much appreciated also!!**
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

30lbs-so you want to lose 28 lbs in the next 7 weeks?? You might not want to hear this, but IMO, I think you should just stick to the plan and really focus. Add aerobic activity if possible, though I lost faster not exercising, but I'm a lot bigger than you.

If you lose too fast-you're more likely to gain it back. So I would recommend the whole "slow and steady wins the race" attitude.

You can do it. Remember, it's not a diet-it's a new lifestyle.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

4 lbs. a week?!? That is going to be tough!! Juliemarie is right, if you exercise every day, you are going to gain muscle and lose fat which may make you thinner, but your weight is might go up since muscle weighs more than fat.
My DH also made a bet/challenge with me. When I lose 50 lbs. he has to quit chewing. I think that bad habit is completely disgusting and make me gag, but I can't nag him cuz then he chews more to spite me. At least he isn't smoking anymore either.
Good luck on making your goal.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #4  

I really understand the whole picture thing because me and DBF have never taken pictures and truthfully its because we just never get around to it, but now of course I want to wait until I am thin…but he said the reason we never have is because I never asked. We will have to take pictures sometime over the next year to send out with the engagement announcements and stuff, but I understand about the pictures completely.

However, I have to agree with the others, your goal is to loose and keep off the weight and moving to fast could hurt you if you are not doing things right. Now I do believe that when done completely correct and using every tip in the book, some people can get more than 2lbs a week, but do not hurt yourself…you will be really upset if you gain it all back after loosing just because you didn’t do it slowly and correctly.

I would suggest staying POP of course and mixing up your choices and foods. Probably doing some days with the meal replacements…etc.

Please know that if you drop to too many calories your body will not loose at all. It will hold on for dear life to everything you put in your mouth and start to store up food to use as fuel.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

so before doing LAWL I was doing South Beach which gave me results. And had I stuck to plan I probably wouldnt be where I am now. So my question to you chickies is how bad do you think it would be if I did phase one of SB for 2 weeks? For those of you who dont know it is kind of like body detox. It really helped to jumpstart my weight loss and I am thinking since I am at a stand still right now I might try that. I dont want to ask my center bc I know that would void my contract but I need to do something to jumpstart the weight loss. I have been on this for 2 months and only lost about 10 lbs. Do you think if I did this that after the 2 weeks if I went back to strict LAWL plan that it would make me gain? I am desperate I need to do something.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
How long have you been at a standstill? I became a spurt loser after a while on LAWL. I could go for a month with no loss, but I stuck to plan and I would lose like 3-5 lbs in one day. maybe your body is adjusting to your new weight before it can move on. I guess it depends on how long you have been at a standstill, but try to be somewhat patient. It usually pays off for me to push through a plateau while being on plan. Have you considered TO?
Mary
and now look at you...you are SAILING through the 170's-
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30lbsby22
so before doing LAWL I was doing South Beach which gave me results. And had I stuck to plan I probably wouldnt be where I am now. So my question to you chickies is how bad do you think it would be if I did phase one of SB for 2 weeks? For those of you who dont know it is kind of like body detox. It really helped to jumpstart my weight loss and I am thinking since I am at a stand still right now I might try that. I dont want to ask my center bc I know that would void my contract but I need to do something to jumpstart the weight loss. I have been on this for 2 months and only lost about 10 lbs. Do you think if I did this that after the 2 weeks if I went back to strict LAWL plan that it would make me gain? I am desperate I need to do something.
would you gain the weight back though when you gt back OP...i don't know much about south beach, but i do know when you leave the program the weight comes back quick.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote