LA Weightloss #31

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • new to LA weight loss
    I just started the LA Weight Loss a little over a week ago. I did the jet start and did not loose anything, but after 7 days on the red plan I lost 6 lbs!!! WOOHOO I started at 288 and have to go to 170, so I still have a long way to go!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Jibelle, Welcome to our group. Your weight and goal weight is just the same as me. I am down to 210. My goal is 170 also. Good luck. It works!

Lorrie
  • Good morning everyone,

Well. I got on the scale today and I am down 5lbs since Monday. I never knew what stress can do to a body, now I know.

I made the mistake talking to hubby's sister yesterday and she said that the reason why he wanted to divorce me is that he felt that we were going into bankrupsey. And instead of coming to me and telling me that I don't want a dvd player and a new tv he buys it anyway. She made it look like it was MY FAULT. He has a damn mind of his own and a voice to use it. He never once told me that if you don't stop spending and get a job to contribute to the family then I am going to divorce you NEVER!!!!! What an ***. I told myself that that I will never call her again.

Karen M
  • Karen, that is probably a good idea. She is gonna take his side and not listen to yours. It sounds like your husband has a lot of issues he needs to work out. Just know that it isn't you! Congrats on the 5 pound loss..that must make you feel good!!
    Jibbelle, welcome to the group! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I haven't been around much lately, but am trying despratly to get back on track. It is hard once you get off plan. I have gained a lot of my weight back and am so depressed about it. It is time for me to just get back in gear and do something about it!!

Good luck and have a good week everyone!
  • thanks
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I will keep you posted on my progress as I follow yours.

Jibbelle
    You're in the right place! I started at 247 and am down to 226. I was down to 224 but gained 2 this last week! I am still having emotional eating problems. I started in April and have lost only 3lbs in the last 2months. The program works if you work it though and it's the best program I've ever done! it's been easier to stick to when I'm in the right frame of mind!!! I'm on Jet Start this weekend again. It's a day to day process. I want to get to 170
    too. Must be a really popular weight! Good luck to you!

Karen M.,
    Girl, sounds like your husband has some other issues he's dealing with and you don't need that! If bankruptcy was his issue, then why go to his sister and not his wife! As Marcie told you, this is not you're fault. As I learned with my first marriage 20 yrs ago, it does take two but sometimes if one of the party's isn't on the same page and doesn't communicate, then there's problem with that person and you're not that person! Hang in there girl! You're still in my prayers!

Janie
  • LA WL ?
    Hi,
    Um I was wondering how much LA costed?
    please write back someone

thanks
  • Thanks gals for the confidence. I have decided to NOT speak to both of them unless if I have to because it's eating me up inside. I told him that I found a job and congradulated me and said that if I needed to buy any new clothes I could. Well if he's so worried about us going into bankruptcy then why is he telling me that I can go and buy new clothes?? I took off my ring for the first time since we have been married and that was like cutting a whole in my heart

I went to my primary care dr and she is sending me to a shrink to help ease the pain. I go see her tomorrow. So I will keep you posted

Karen M
  • Hi everyone!!!

Karen,

I just wanted to let you know, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry that your husband chose leaving over communicating. Start thinking of YOURSELF!!! If he chose to leave, it's his loss!!! I agree, he is a coward. Hang in there!!!!

Ladyinred,

I saw your screen name and for a minute I thought you were my cousin, until I saw your location!!! LA can vary in price, it's roughly 7.00 a week here, although, it's payable either in installments or in a lump sum, they also ask you to pay for the LA Lites, which are cheaper in bulk. Call your local center and ask them about it, or go in for a consultation (their free!!! )

I'm doing okay. I'm down 19 1-2 pounds my first four weeks, and 3 1-2 inches. 160 seems SOOOO far away!!! Although I know that 19 1-2 pounds is an excellent amount in four weeks. I feel like I'm starting to lose steam. I'm craving the junk I've given up. Walking into the grocery store is a NIGHTMARE!!! The chips, the cakes!!! But I'm hanging in there. My husband Erik is really keeping me on track! If it wasn't for him I think I would have thrown the whole thing away by now!! I guess I'm in a "hump" zone, but it seems harder now!!!! Today they gave me a ribbon that was 3 1-2 inches long to represent the inches I've lost and they put one colored bead on it to represent 10 pounds and then nine yellow ones to represent nine pounds. That is nice. I hung it on my mirror to remind myself everyday of how far I've come. I know I can do it, and I'm determined to do it, but the last few days it's been SO hard to stay on plan!!!! We can do it! We can do it!! Come on, say it with me!!

Starting weight 233 1-2
    current weight 213
    goal: HOTTIE
  • I am with you!
    Sassie Mom-

I am with you on the grocery store thing...I HATE it too. Oh so tempting!!!

I am doing well so far though. I have gone from 288-281 in just over a week. I think that I am going to slow down now that my body is more adjusted to the program. 170 seems so far away though!

I like the bead and ribbon idea. I do not think they do anything like that at my center. It is nice to have a visual reminder of what you have done. Especially when you are like me...just starting...and cant really tell a difference in your clothes yet.

Karen-

Sorry to hear about the situation you are having with your husband. I think talking to a professional about it should really help. Dont lose your motivation! You are in out thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to all!!

Jibby
  • I have missed so much! I was too busy last week to post anything. I will try to catch up on all of you this week. It looks like some of us are having a rough time. I hope everyone is doing better today!

I know I said I would post the energy bar recipe i found. I am trying to do it with a link to the place I found it. You could probably alter the recipe and use light butter to lower the fat. It sounds good to me. I hope thsi link works!! Let me know if any of you ahve problems and I will type the recipe in.

http://cookierecipe.allrecipes.com/a...tinnrgybrs.asp

Try pasting it to your browser also.

Talk to all of you later!
    Karenwarren
  • Karen, Hang in there...the therapist is a good idea. You can talk about everything and get it all out and know that it isn't your fault and he has some major major issues. Keep your chin up and know we are all here for you!

Sasse Mom, you are doing so AWESOME!! Keep up the good work and let me tell ya those cakes and junk aren't anywhere as tasty as how you feel right now being 19 1/2 pounds lighter. Keep going strong!! Trust me once you get off track it is soo very hard to get back on.

Jibbelle, you are doing great too..dont think about the long term goal take each week at a time and you will be there before you know it!!

Have a great day ladies!
    Marcie
  • I went to weigh in on Monday, gained 1 lb. Bummed, but it is my own fault. Weekends are my downfall. But I am back at it. I am deternined to get these last 50 lbs off. I hope everyone else is doing okay also. Hang in there everyone.

Lorrie
  • Good morning

I went over to the house yesterday to see if I had any mail and to see if the house was clean and I told him that I am so hurt by this whole thing and you know what that **** said, he told me that I will get over it. HOW F***** CRULE CAN HE BE and I was married to that ******* for 5 years and I didn't know that he was that mean. He told me that I need to give it sometime to heal.

One month ago lastnight we were sitting down to an expensive dinner at an itilian restaurant for our 5 year anniversary and almost a month later he pulls this **** on me.

Karen M
  • Karen
    I can feel the pain coming right through the computer screen. I feel so bad that you are having such a terrible time. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but, honestly, I don't think anything I could say would help right now. Just know there are people who care about you. Come to chat when you have a chance and we'll really trash the guy!!!!!

thinking of you,
    Ramona