3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #31

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 07:51 PM   #46

Well, I went and weighed in and if you believe this or not, I lost 11 lbs. I made them weigh me twice. I could hardly believe it. All I can say is I must have been full of junk. I am happy as can be. But now the work begins.

How is everyone else doing? Any good reports from weigh ins today?

Lorrie

Old 08-06-2001, 10:50 PM   #47

Default Back from NC

I was in North Carolina from Wed to Sunday and needless to say I was not perfect! I weighed at work today and gained 2 of the 5.5 I'd lost. I hope I can go back down a pound or two before I weigh in tomorrow afternoon. Glad to see everyone going for it!
I've had a bad few days. Complaints at work (I'm the supervisor).
A patient who I am actually scared of has gotten his hands on an incident report I wrote about him - long story, but he is mad. Great! I can't leave the office without thinking he will be around the corner with a gun to shoot me. Plus, I had severe pain in NC. My leg hurt so bad that I could not sleep at night or walk/stand very long. I'm going for an MRI tomorrow. I believe it is a sciatic nerve... We'll see.
Karen - Did you say you would give us the protein bar recipe?
I'd like that.
Good luck and good LAWLing!
Talk to ya'll later.
Sherri
Old 08-07-2001, 11:06 AM   #48

Default Hi Everbody!!!!

Hi! Sherrie...I had some problems with my siatic nerve a few weeks ago.....lucky for me it cleared up in a few days. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Well, I'm down a total of 17 POUNDS!!! I'm still so phyched. Next week they do my measurments, and Erik is actually excited about that....he says he can see a big difference in my belly and my thighs...we shall see.

You girls are such an inspiration to me!! We ought to tally up the all the weight we've lost together.....that'd be interesting.

I have a funny for you all....the other day my son and I were watching TV and the commercial for LAWL came on. My son looked at me, and said "Mom, you are doing SO good, they are going to have to put you in the commercial when you are done!" How's that from a nine year old!!

We had a company picnic this weekend, which was catered. But, I did pretty good! I brought with me diet bread, and fresh veggies. I had one hamburger, minus their bun, and then crab for dinner. I'm originally from Maryland, so YOU KNOW I'm a big crab eater, but I limited myself. I was soooo proud of myself. As much as I enjoy crabs (my husband and I can put away several dozen if we wanted to) I think I enjoyed the two I ate much more then I would have enjoyed an entire dozen because I KNEW I could stop at two, and be satisfied. Does that make sense?

At our center they put your name on a board when you hit certain milestones in your weight loss...10lbs, 20, 30, 35, etc. I've made it my short term goal to be on the 20 pound board by Monday. I think I can do it!! Someone mentioned looking at their dog and saying "that's how much I lost" I look at my son, and say "that's how much I WILL lose" Kinds of puts it in prespective doesn't it!!!

Happy Losing!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Startining Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 216 1-2
Goal Weight: HOTTIE
Old 08-07-2001, 02:21 PM   #49

Hi Guys
Well, I bit the bullet, and went to weigh in today---I gained 1 1/2 pounds----not bad, considering I haven't gone in two weeks, and I am PMSing. The counselor was very nice and told me to try for a week only eating the unlimited foods-----no limited. I think I might actually try doing the Jet Start again---when I tried it over a month ago, I lost 5 pounds--of course, I gained it back because I went totally off the program--but, if I can make myself a small term 10 pounds lost by Labor Day--I know I can do it. I have been drinking PLENTY of water the last few days (it is so hot right now in NY), so, it shouldn't be hard to get more then my share of water
Well, I have to run---I am in the middle of doing a massive cleaning of my house today because I have off--and I still have 1 1/2 hrs to go until I get my son at camp. I think I have sweated off a pound or so cleaning my bathrooms!!!!!!!

Lorrie-------WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome--11 pounds!!!!Good for you. Now, you have that 10 pounds gone that you gained!!!!

Take Care everyone
Margaret
Old 08-07-2001, 08:19 PM   #50
Need Support

Default Computer crashed

Hi Everyone,
I am still with LAweightloss.
I was wondering why I was getting no mail from 3 fat chicks to let me know of responses.
Had problems with the computer. My husband hooked up our other computer so both are on line and won't be fighting over it. Now the kids want on all of the time.
Doing good with Laweightloss. Missed everyone.
My MOm is doing good too.
Glad to be back.
Sharon
Old 08-07-2001, 09:44 PM   #51

Hi everyone. It has been kinda quiet today on here. Hope everyone is on program.

Glad you are still on program Sharon.

Lorrie

Old 08-09-2001, 03:23 PM   #52

Default On hold!

Hey there girls!
I haven't been here for several days, mainly because I haven't necessarily been on the plan like I should be! I haven't given up but I'm bored too! I've got some things going on too in my life that have not helped me at all with trying to stay OP. I've only eaten more. It's taken me 3 months to lose 3#. How frustrating!
I even called yesterday and told them to put my membership on hold until I could figure out what I was doing. I really don't want to stop. I really want to keep on but I am so not on track! Margaret I share your sentiments exactly! I forget that I'm even on the program sometimes! How strange is that?! I haven't called them back to say take me off of "hold". But I am really feeling a lot of pressure that I am placing on myself. Not from the center!

Glad to see there are some successes. Congratulations Lorrie on your 11lbs!

Hope to be back OP soon!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 08-09-2001, 04:00 PM   #53
Need Support

Default Lost

Janie,
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I know what you mean when you forget about being on the plan.
It has taken me longer to lose the last couple of months the way I was losing at first.
I lost 1 3/4 today for a total of 45 1/4 pounds since the end of March.
I am so excited. My clothes are looking so big on me now I need to get rid of them. Bought some markdowns at Kmart. Dont want to spend alot on clothes that I won't be wearing very long.
Can't wait to finish this and get to goal
Although I know I will always have to be careful what I eat, but I will be more aware.
So much to do around here. Haven't been on board lately.
Homeschooling my daughter, healthful eating is on the curriculum and exercise. Want her to know how to eat healthy and not call it a diet.
Sharon
Old 08-09-2001, 09:30 PM   #54
choose it to loose it:)

Hi gals,

Well a lot has happend since the last time I was on. First of all on Friday (last Friday) My hubby decided to call the marriage quits. He decided that he wanted to run away and move to Florida. He said that he didn't want me to go with him. I still love him and want to be with him. It is taking all of me to not call him and tell him I want him back even though I know it's not going to work. He was my one and only true love. And in a instant he was gone. How sad huh. Well I guess **** happends. The said thing is that we spent 5 what I thought beautiful years of my life with this man and he just decided to leave. life isn't fair.

So my mom and I have been over at the house cleaning and getting ready for the realistate people to come tomorrow and tape for the weekly t.v show. It was a very hard day for both of us. If my parents hadn't been there on Friday I don't know what I would have done.

Well I must close for not.

Karen M
Old 08-09-2001, 10:19 PM   #55

Karen,
I am so very sorry! My heart goes out to you. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm not one to give advice, but girl, keep your head up and be strong! You are a wonderful person and he's the one missing out!

Hang in there!
Janie

"Those that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength............" Isaiah 40:31
Old 08-10-2001, 08:36 PM   #56

Karen,

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. I know that it is hard to believe at a time like this, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Hang in there and know that you are in our prayers.

Marcie
Old 08-10-2001, 09:15 PM   #57

Karen,

I am thinking about you too. You will get thru this and be okay.
You have friends here who care about you.

Lorrie

Old 08-10-2001, 09:41 PM   #58

Back on track tomorrow. I went back to LAWL today. I missed it and know I have too much invested to turn back now! Tomorrow is jet start for 3 days!!!! Gained 2# this week, but I'm hoping it was fluid! I've been craving salt!! I've been eating salt! And what ever else didn't eat me first.

Karen- Hope you're doing OK today! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Janie

Old 08-11-2001, 10:26 AM   #59

Janie, eat lots of meat and veggies on the Jet Start. Are you doing the regular Jet Start or the Liquid one. I did the regular one and lost 11 lbs. Now I know that is not the norm, but you can get a good start and really get you motivated.

Lorrie

Old 08-11-2001, 10:50 AM   #60
choose it to loose it:)

Thanks everyone for the support. I don't know what I would do without it. I feel bad for hubby because he has no one to support him, but then that's his problem. He is a coward. He won't even call me here at the house. He calls me on my cell phone. Isn't that the shits.

Karen M
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.