Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Help

I'm hoping someone can explain to me what's going on here. This morning, after feeling great all weekend, I got up so bloated that I can't hardly get my rings off. These are the same rings that were all but falling off yesterday.

I have stayed OP. The only thing I did differently is yesterday while out with my sister I had a 6 inch Roasted Chicken on wheat bread and a bottle of plain water at Subway. Only lettuce and onion, less than a tsp of lite mayo. Also, I feel like I REALLY need to go to the bathroom but just can't seem to I had a somewhat regular trip this am, but I feel like I really have to go and nothing.

Water intake is the same, and actually a bit more after I saw how much sodium was in the sandwich. I even did Lemon Water this morning...

So what gives???? Any ideas?
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Joan thats funny because on Saturday I had a turkey sandwich from subway with only lettuce and onion and a little mustard on wheat and I felt the same way later that evening. I felt awful. Couldnt go to the bathroom. Felt so bloated and gross. I'm allergic to dairy and so when I eat it I feel awful and I thought thats what it could have been but I had no dairy. Strange. I hope its just a fluke and nothing to really do with subway.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #3  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30lbsby22
Joan thats funny because on Saturday I had a turkey sandwich from subway with only lettuce and onion and a little mustard on wheat and I felt the same way later that evening. I felt awful. Couldnt go to the bathroom. Felt so bloated and gross. I'm allergic to dairy and so when I eat it I feel awful and I thought thats what it could have been but I had no dairy. Strange. I hope its just a fluke and nothing to really do with subway.

Well, I have no problem with dairy. I can't believe that one six inch sub could make me feel this awful. AND today is weigh in day, so I just KNOW its going to be depressing.

I do feel a bit better knowing someone else has experienced this. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
I've heard of carbs making people retain water, but that is ridiculous, esp. since you eat bread regularly anyway. Whatever it is, it's a temporary gain it sounds like. Try not to be too discouraged if the WI is diappointing.
Thanks Mary. Its hard not to be disappointed, I've been averaging 3.3 but for some reason it just seems like I can't break that 190 mark. Sigh.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Bad timing having that happen right before weighing in, but try not to freak out if it's bad. Remember that next week it will have evened out!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #6  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
Bad timing having that happen right before weighing in, but try not to freak out if it's bad. Remember that next week it will have evened out!
Thanks. It wasn't near as bad as I had anticipated. Only 4 ounces up. WHEW! I guess I'll just not do Subway very often. I don't want to go through that again.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:40 PM   #7  

My guess is the sodium and carbs but that is just water fluxuation
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote