3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Juicing?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #1

Default Juicing?

OK, back when I was prego with my second child I did alot of juicing. My post pregnancy weight was about 40 punds lighter than my prepregnancy weight and I was wondering if anyone else had any success with a juicing style diet? I want to do this safely, so any advise would be appreciated!
JennyElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #2

I don't think this is a great idea for very long. You lose all the fiber from the fruits and veggies, are you having any protein, whole grains etc. Talk to a nutritionist.

HW 356 pounds - CW 135 - GW 137

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #3

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't agree with a juicing diet either.
Actually, I am pregnant right now, and my doctor advised me to eat whole fruits rather than the juices-because it is more nutritious and you are getting the fiber, etc. that the juice omits.
It is okay to make a smoothie with your fruit (as in throwing a whole banana and some berries in the blender with ice, etc.) because you are still getting the whole fruit-it is just in a pureed form and still retains the fiber content-but juice alone where the fruit pulp is tossed away-is not as healthful.

I also think that a proper diet needs to be balanced. Fruit and veggies are a wonderful source of vitamins, but you also need to be sure that you are getting in enough protein in your diet to fuel your muscles and regulate your blood sugar-as a diet of fruit juice alone is all carbohydrates, and you will lose muscle mass by omitting protein.

Start weight after baby #3: 233.9
Current weight: 143
90 pounds lost!
Ambriehl Saroj
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.