Old 02-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #1  

Default Need help with other bars besides Lites.

I have been using the Lites, I love Carmel and Peanut Butter, but tried the Luna because my husband is losing his job, so wanted something a little cheaper.

Anyhow, I had the Nutz over Chocolate Luna and just didn't care for it at all!! I missed my Lites Never thought I would say that when I had first eaten them

Anyhow, it seems the Luna or Pria complete are the closest so far. I know others have recently mentioned the Dr Soy bars.

As far as taste goes, what is the cloest to the 2 flavors above?

Thank you!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:36 AM   #2  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

I didn't like Dr. soy, but I like Luna. Much cheaper, and I think they taste better when you freeze them. My favorite flavor is chocolate pecan pie
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #3  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

On a side note, I'm glad someone besides me thinks luna is good for you. no one else I know will eat soy, so I get no feedback on them
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I'm new to nutrition bars. So far Luna is the only one I like. I might not have eaten it if I had seen the word soy (just because I'm afraid of the unknown), but I like it. I don't care for the nutz over chocolate one. I LOVE the peanut butter one. I also like cookies and creme and smores. Not as much as I like the peaut butter one, but they are good. I haven't tried la lites, so I can't compare. I also like that I only have to enter it into fitday once. All of luna bars have the same nutrient info.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Peanut Butter Lunas are my favority, but I do like the lites better. Mary, I do the same thing...microwave frosting side up...very yummy!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #6  

Shelia, sorry to hear about DH loosing his job.

I am a stricly lemon lite girl so I am not much help in this category, but i will be praying for you and DH.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #7  
PurpleSunshine

I love the sweet dreams and there is a new one that is a little more chocolately called Chocolate brownie - I heat both of these as well as the nutz over choco and the choc. pecan pie and drink FF milk with them at night - makes me feel like I'm having a brownie. I like the peanut butter cookie and the carmel one(not quite my favorite anymore). Most of the choco covered ones are really good heated - I didn't like the N - over choco until I heated it - totally changed my opinion........
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote