Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #76  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Excellent day today Holly! I'm so glad to hear that you arent feeling hungry, thats a terrible way to go thru the day! I cant wait to hear how you like the strawberry powder, I've not seen it here. I have tried the vanilla one and I dont like it as much as just the vanilla ready to drink. Keep up the good work!

sjdphc...you are doing great! You are bound to see some slowing on the scale because you are probably losing some inches now, especially with that weight training. did you take your measurements yet?

The kids are getting home from school now and my nice quiet house has disappeared! LOL! Gearing up to maybe go do a workout. Have a great night ladies! You rock!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #77  

Good evening everyone. Today was another successful day. But, do 2 frosted shredded mini wheats and a teaspoon of strawberry preserves count as a "cheat"?

So, I tried on a pair of jeans that I bought about 3 weeks ago and now I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them! I'm pissed because I really like those jeans! I wish the scale would correlate to how those jeans feel! I wish I could just snap my fingers and be at 150 again! Hoping for a loss tomorrow! That's enough of my mini-rant!

Hun.e.B, I didn't measure myself. I just use my "trusty" scale! Oh, and old clothes that have become quite snug!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:45 AM   #78  
Melissa

lol, silly girl! i wouldnt call that a cheat at all. Look at you go gettin all skinny! Excellent job! Hey if that finger snapping stuff works will ya do it for me too! LOL! Keep up the good work, that scale will move sure enough.

I had a pretty great day yesterday. Still no exercise but still not stressing about it either. My chili turned out great using the ground turkey instead of the ground beef. Tomorrow I'll measure and see if I've lost any inches to go with my 4 lb loss!

Have a great day everyone!! Be good!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello there! Just polished off my strawberrry shake for breakfast! It was good. Years ago, I used the powders (the original kind), and I felt like I couldn't make it mix up well enough. The optima powder is better, I think. I just measured out the milk in a big glass and mixed the powder in with a spoon. Very yummy.

I was down to 142.5 this morning. Chronic weigher here!

Two frosted mini wheats and some preserves? Please! I think you were just satisfying a little sweet tooth. No problem in the long run by any means.

I am really enjoying the plan. I'm noticed Bi Mart has a sale on the meal bars...2 boxes for $5. So, I think I'll take advantage of that today while we're running around doing our Saturday errands.

Happy Saturday!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #80  
Melissa

Good morning Holly!! congrats on another GREAT loss!! I have to agree the powders are so much better now, I do mine in the blender and I throw in a cup of ice with it, very good! I'm going to have to look for the strawberry powder around here. I wish we could have a good sale like that!! Have a wonderful saturday!! Stay strong!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #81  

Good morning everyone!

Still no loss or gain here. I guess my faux cheat didn't effect me too much! LOL @ Holly2 for "chronic weigher"! That describes me exactly! Congratulations on your loss! You are so close to your goal that you can probably taste it! Keep up the good work!

Slim-Fast has given me a reason to break out my stick blender that I've had for years! I don't use fat-free milk though. Gotta have my 2%! I'll mix it and then let it set for about 5 minutes. It seems to "thicken up".

Wow! Where can I find a Bi-Mart?!? At our Wal-Mart here, there are boxes of meal bars that have 2 extra in them (8 bars instead of 6) for about $5.

Hun.e.B, could you send some of that chili my way? It is so windy here today! It's really "crisp" outside and a nice, warm bowl of chili would be good! I also use ground turkey! I can't remember the last time I cooked ground beef!

Does anyone shop at Fashion Bug? They are having a 40% off sale on regular priced items and 20% off on clearance items this weekend. Might treat myself to a cute top or some cute sandals! Well, I've got some errands to run myself. Everyone have a wonderful Saturday! Take care!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #82  
Melissa

Have you tried Viva Skim Delight milk? With the pink label. Its Fat free but its much "creamier" than regular skim. Doesnt have that gray color at all. I'd compare it to 2% in taste and weight. My kids drink that milk they love it. Its a little more expensive but so worth it I think.

We dont have Fashion bug here, we used to have them in Phoenix with I lived there but they went out several years ago I think. Gotta love their prices though, I wish we had them here.

Alright, back to the homework, thought I'd take a little break and check on you guys! Keep up the good work! Whats for dinner tonight?
Old 02-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

Putting the milk, powder, and some ice in a blender would double the shake I bet...that would be great!

I'm going to do that tomorrow.

So, our official weigh in day is Sunday, right? I know I'll be jumping on the scale. We'll see what happens. Using my Firm tapes, I can tell my pants are fitting a little looser, but so far, just a half pound gone. But, I'll take muscle over fat any day.

A Slim Fast toast to you all for a wonderful evening!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #84  

Hi guys. Looks you are all doing well so far this weekend, that's great to hear.
Have to agree about the shakes made with the blender. Yum. They are definitely more filling, couldn't imagine drinking them any other way. I usually will have that for lunch with something else, and for breakfast have one of the granola bars or a meal on the go one. Lunch seems to be when I get the hungriest so the blender shake + half a sandwich or something fills me up and keeps me honest the rest of the day.

Anyone doing anything this weekend? Just sticking close to home here, dealing with kids projects, housework, and making sure to get those workouts in. I can't believe that we're almost thru Feb. The month is just flying. Pretty soon it'll be time for shorts and sandals! Hopefully I will be able to get into the cute summer stuff I've been hanging onto in a much smaller size. That's the plan anyways! Make sure you girls are measuring, I'm tellin ya, it's the only thing that's keeping me sane and still excited about doing this.

It was good to see you guys here today, hope to see you in the morning too.
Gotta go get some stuff done, it's getting late. But wanted to come by here at some point today to say hi and all.

Have a great night everyone!

danielle
Old 02-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #85  

Hello again! Went to Fashion Bug, but I only bought accessories. I bought a cute belt, earrings, and espadrilles. Getting a head start on spring!

No, I've never tried Viva. I think I will stick to 2%. I can just hear my husband's mouth if I switch to anything else! Hmm, my dinner tonight was grilled chicken, green beans, Rice-a-Roni, salad, an orange, and water.

Not doing anything this weekend but working. As a matter of fact, I gotta start getting ready for work right about now! I hope everyone has a great night! Everyone have sweet dreams of great losses tomorrow! Take care!
Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #86  
Melissa

I'd be willing to bet that your hubby would never even notice if you switched to the viva skim delight. I'm telling you now its not like other skim milk, its exactly like 2%.

Its so late this saturday evening, its way past my bedtime but I'm up watching my favorite scary movie...Scream! I didnt eat a good dinner, had hubby's leftover from lunch, my fave, chicken fettuccini, and it wasnt even very good. that darn scale better not scold me for it either! My plan is to measure in the morning though since its been 2 weeks.

Cant wait to see all the great things from you girls!! Have a great sleep!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #87  
Moi

Good Sunday morning! Wow, I'm sooo impressed with all the shrinkage you ladies are reporting... congrats! That's the best news! I'd say I'm looking forward to getting into my old jeans again, but I'll probably have to get new ones, mine will be outdated by now! My first goal is to get my wedding rings back on my fingers... I think they shrunk

Ok, my Sunday weigh-in report... I'm down 1/2 pound! Doesn't sound like much but it's good news for me to be losing anything! (Darn the trackers don't show half pound losses) No change in measurements yet.

How are y'all doing?

Moi
Old 02-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #88  

hi everyone!
im new here and have some questions for all of you. im doing the body for life workouts right now but my biggest problem is following a meal plan. so i bought some slim fast after debating it for a while. i always thought they were all sugar and no nutrients. im glad to see that they have changed that! ive been working out for the past 9 weeks but due to my eating havent seen great results.

sooo... my question is. can i just substitute slimfast for breakfast and still get results? what plan do you all follow? i just dont want to feel hungry! any help is much appreciated!

alexis
Old 02-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #89  

Good morning ladies! No loss or gain AGAIN this morning! Oh well, this is a brand new week. I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far. CONGRATS Moi on your 1/2 lb weight loss! How did everyone else do? Hun.e.B, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your supper didn't effect your loss. Now that I think of it, my losses came to a halt when I started eating that Rice-A-Roni... Hmmm...

Welcome aboard Shimmer! The more the merrier! I'm no expert on Slim-Fast, but I'm on the Optima (less sugar) Slim-Fast plan and the idea is to substitute one meal with a Slim-Fast meal product, the other meal incorporates a Slim-Fast meal product, and the third meal is usually your "sensible" dinner. A typical day for me is:
B - Slim Fast shake or meal bar, 20 oz water
S - a fruit and yogurt, 20 oz water
L - a sandwich or salad, fruit, and a Slim-Fast shake or meal bar, 20 oz water
D - lean meat, 1/2 plate full of veggies, 1 c salad, a fruit, and a starch (usually a piece of low-calorie bread or 1/2 c rice, etc.), 20 oz water
S - usually don't have one after dinner unless my sweet tooth is nagging me. If so, I'll have a Slim-Fast snack bar, jell-o cup, or a sugar-free pudding cup.
Gym - 20 oz water

Since I've started Slim-Fast, I'm rarely ever hungry! I feel like the Taco Bell commercials that say, "I'M FULL!!!" IMO, the powder shake mix is more filling than the already prepared shakes and a little bit easier on the pockets. Check out Slim-Fast's website. Along with 3FC, it keeps me accountable! I hope that helped some!

Well, it's time for breakfast. I'll check in with you all later!
Old 02-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #90  
Moi

sjdphc, you may not have seen numbers on the scale but your clothes fitting better or falling off is a much better progress in my books! Sunday weigh-in is about reporting measurement loss too, and any other sorts of progress shown like fitting into that smaller skirt... have you measured yourself?

Alexis (Shimmer Shimmer), I used to drink SF just for breakfast for the vitamins aspect. I too was concerned about the health of it but felt better about it when I asked my doctor about SF and she said it was just fine and to continue! But I didn't start to notice any weightloss until I actually tried to follow the actual SF plan with a SF for breakfast AND lunch, a regular meal at dinner, and 3 small snacks through the day. If you find yourself too hungry, just adjust it to make it work for you... some add more food to their SF meals, I find it better to add a little more to my snacks instead. Welcome to our group!
Closed Thread