Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #31  

Good Morning gang. Everyone ready for it to be the end of the week? I know I am!

Angie, you are doing such great things for your body! And like Melissa said, stay off that nasty scale! You're more than a number, remember to think of other things beside what the scale says, how your clothes are fitting and more importantly how you feel physically & mentally. The weight will come off, I promise!

2muchbackend- Tomorrow's gone, today's a new day! Great job getting back up and keep on truckin! You can do this!

Gonna rest today, my 1 day off this week. Think it'll be good for the ole leg.
Hoping to kick it up the next coupla days before weigh in. AF is going to be making her grand appearance any time now and I'm feeling bloated and icky.
Not so sure I will like what I see on the scale on Sun!

Have a great day ladies! Chins up, smiles on...we're worth it!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #32  

Hi, I am not on the actual plan, but I do incorperate slim fast products in my eating plans. Like yesterday which was a "breakfast in the car" sorta day I really like to have at least a package of shakes and a package of bars on hand all the time for "no brainer" eating.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Thanks everyone for the support....

Today has been a rough day. DH and I got into a huge fight (we never fight either). He weighs about 348lbs and is 6ft tall. I've been worried about his weight for awhile. He said if I would pack his lunches for work, he would stick to a diet. He gve me some big ol speech about how he wants to be a new man and starting Jan 1st, he was going to start slim fasting/exercising etc... WELL...I get my credit card statement today and the man has been going through fast food for lunch everyday...some days he even went twice in a day!!! I'm furious. Not only because he's running up our credit cards that we are trying to pay off, but because here I am...thinking he's doing really good and making sure to spend the extra money so he can have "on plan" snakcs/meals and he was really going to fast food the whol time. I feel dumb, decieved, hurt and stinking furious.

This would normally be a time when I would binge on sweets, but I had a pria bar and a glass of water. I've used my excess anger to motivate me to clean my house instead of eat sweets...so far so good...

What should I do about my stubborn dh?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #34  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

If it's one thing I've learned on my short journey of marriage(June 6, 2005), it's that the harder you push, the harder they pull. My husband rebels against me if I harass him too much, which, as we all know, we are just concerned about their well-being.(with my husband it's not weight though).

I think as he sees you getting further and further away from your starting weight, he will start to feel left out or even jealous. Whe he really becomes interested in losing weight, he will take more kindly to your suggestions and motivations. That's just what I think. Hope this kinda helped!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #35  

Is it too late to join? I went to the doctor today and she said that everything looked good, BUT she said that I could stand to lose 20 lbs., especially if I'm TTC. So, today I decided to try Slim-Fast. I was impressed by their website! I've already had my first shake (powder), and so far so good. Looking forward to losing weight with you all!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #36  

sjdphc- Welcome to the thread! It's never too late to join. Glad you found us here. Great to hear that you liked your first shake. My favorites are the powdered ones, more filling IMO.

How much are you wanting to lose? This is a healthy way to lose, a great way to get to know yourself in regards to habits w/ food and eating. The Slim Fast site is great, they've made alot of changes, all for the better. There is alot of info there for when you are in a bind w/ ideas for what to eat, etc. Hope you have time to poke around there for awhile!

So just jump in here and post, post, post! A few of the others should be along soon. We had some newbies here, but they seem to have disappeared. Hope you'll stick around and join in the journey with us.

Angie, hon, having a better day today? I hope you are. Hang in there sweets. You did a great thing by not turning to food for comfort. That's really a hard habit to break, and you are tackling it head on. Good for you!!
Just remember you are doing great things for yourself, and you are important.
As for dh, that's a tough one. I only know from my experience w/ mine that I cannot force him to eat well, he resists even harder. I've left him alone, made him deal with his own lunches for work and he's done better than when I was pushing the issue. He also sees me working out every day and the changes that are already happening to my body. I think he's slowly starting to wrap his head around it. As for your dh not being honest about the fast food, I hope he was able to sit down and tell you why he did it in a calm manner. Just let him know how much you love him, you want him on this earth for years to come and he can't do that by eating like that every single day! Be patient with him, try and just listen to him and see what he says. I know it's hard, no one ever said men were easy. They say we're (women) hard to deal with, I say they're the ones! Hope things work out for you, and the two of you can come to an understanding and maybe walk this journey together. If he's not ready, no worries, he'll do it when he's ready. Have faith!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #37  

Thanks Desert! I chose the powdered shakes for cost efficiency! I chose the chocolate flavored one. I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs. I just want to lose SOMETHING before my husband returns from being TDY in March! Are you (or anyone else) using other slim-fast products? Any recommendations on any of the flavors? TIA!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #38  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hi sjdphc! Welcome!! Congrats on taking that first step to a fit and healthy you!! My favorite SF flavors are the ready to drink cappaccino and the chocolate powder. But I love to add a banana to the chocolate shake...yum! I just LOVE those! I like the ready to drink vanilla better than the powder vanilla. But the powders are great because you can always add stuff to them. Its so great to have you join us and I hope to hear some great success stories from you soon!! Keep on posting!

racegirl!!....so great to have you join us!! The SF products are great to incorporate into any plan, quick no brainer meals or snacks!! Good luck to you, I hope you keep us up to date on your great successes!!

Angie...I'm sorry to hear about the fight. I can totally sympathize with you on the credit card thing. For us it came down to me just taking the credit card away. Not that that is the answer here and our fights werent about food, but it sure stopped him from using it. Keep that chin up girl. So how are things today? I know its so easy to turn to food when you are upset but you dont deserve to do that to yourself. Work out those frustrations in another way. I like what Mia said, when he sees you doing so well I bet he'll want to get on board too. maybe he just doesnt think you are going to follow thru right now, time to prove him wrong! I hope things are better today!

Dani...hows that leg today? I hope that day off worked its wonders! You are kickin some butt lately girl, dont need that leg holding you back!!

Yesterday was an ick day for me. TOM arrived with full force than knocked me on my butt. Luckily the scale didnt move as a result...yes I peeked! Shame shame! Back on track today though, got my first workout in, I'll do the second later tonight. Stay strong everyone! We can do this!! We are worth it!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #39  

Okay, I just had the strawberry cheesecake meal bar.... It tastes like something, but I can't put my finger on it. I think I like SF chocolate products better. I gotta find a way to spread out using the bars so they will last longer also. I'm using the Optima line. Even though they are supposed to have less sugar, there's still enough sweetness there to cure my sweet tooth!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #40  
Moi

Hi Y'all!

My Aunt Flo came for a visit here too and she brought cousins Bloaty & Crampy! So, uh, doubt I'll see any weight loss this weekend, lol.

I use the chocolate powder in rice milk, I love to throw in frozen fruit, like strawberries or honeydew, yum. I tried the strawberry powder once, reminded me of Frankenberry cereal! bleh.

I tried the new chocolate chip muffin snack bars.. they were good.

Last edited by Moi; 02-10-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #41  
Melissa

I'm not a big fan of the bars just because they are too too sweet for me. Half of one is about all I can do then its too much. Thats why I like the shakes better.

Moi...I can sympathize with you girl, AF was at my house too and yesterday she was mean mean mean to me!! I'm hoping to stay the same too, even though I've not overdone anything just not as on it as I have been. As long as we stick to it!!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #42  

Okay, I'm feeling good! I made it through the first day! I had a peanut butter crunch snack bar. It is sweet! It tasted just like those peanut butter bar candies (the ones that are white with brown stripes with peanut butter in the middle). Tomorrow, I'm going to try cinnamon bun breakfast bar!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #43  
Melissa

Congrats on a great first day!!! Keep those up!! You can do it!! I used to love the chocolate peanutbutter snack bars..the ones that are exactly like a butterfinger and the other one that is exactly like a snickers! YUM! Had to stop buying those LOL!

I was naughty last night, I had 2 chips ahoy cookies and I skipped my last workout!! Shame shame! But its behind me and I'm moving on! I'm off to the gym right now!! Have a wonderful saturday!! Be good!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #44  

Good afternoon peoples! Everyone enjoying the weekend so far? Ugggg, AF is here and I am just not motivated for anything today. I am SO tired, even after having about 12 hrs of sleep!

Moi, great to see you. AF is just a big meanie, look what she does to us. And the nerve of her bringing other univited guests! Hope this week is a good one for you. I'm not doing a weigh in because of the witch, I know it will show a gain which isn't right. Be strong!

sj- great job on the first day! More of those are yet to come. I only really like the stuff with the chocolate. My fave bars are choc. chip cookie dough, and the choc. chip chewy granola bar. I've got major chocolate thing so this works good for me. Keep me from bingeing that's all I care about! Have a great day!

Melissa, how was the gym? Hopefully it got you feeling good and ready to tackle next week.

Still debating a work out this afternoon. I've got so much stuff I need to do that I'm finding hard to get started too. I just feel blah, I hate it. Gotta run all over town today dropping kids everywhere and picking up others. Just call me "mom's taxi service". We'll see what the day brings. Check in with you guys later.

♥danielle
Old 02-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #45  

Good morning all! Already Day 3 for me! I thought yesterday was going to be bad! I went to an engagement party for a friend of mine. Of course there was cake AND ice cream! I had followed the plan to the T for the whole day. When it came to cake and ice cream time, I had a small piece of cake (with little icing) and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (eyeballing it, it looked like less than 1/2 a cup). I washed it down with 20 oz of water. I hadn't eaten dinner and I had to go to work almost immediately after the party. Well, the suspense was killing me when I came home from work. I decided to weigh myself... I LOST 2 LBS!!!

Another mood booster was that last night, after the party, a cute guy approached me! I haven't felt attractive in a while. (I've resorted to wearing sweats almost everyday of the week!) Yesterday, I got jazzed up a bit and felt really good! I was actually happy that the size 10 pants I wanted to wear still fit! Needless to say, I'm happily married, but it's always nice to receive a compliment!

Ok, enough of me rambling! How is Aunt Flow? Is she still being a pain in the butt?

Desertdreamer, did you end up exercising yesterday? I don't know if it counts, but I walked my dog about 6 blocks yesterday. It took about 45 minutes. I didn't really break a sweat though.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later!
Closed Thread