New here, I have thought of a new way of dieting

• I can not make time for myself. I work about 65 hours per week. This means a lot of prepackaged meals and fast food so I can spend more time with my kids. I understand I have to change the way I look at weight loss. If I thought of it as more of a job where I have to be accountable I may be more sucessful. I would just like your honest thoughts about trying this new outlook. Thanks;
    Rose
  • Accountability helps. As far as looking at it as a job, that might work for you. In reality,as a mom, it IS your job to take care of your family and yourself. (granted the pay is lousy, but some of the benefits are pretty good!)That includes keeping everyone healthy and teaching them good habits. It does NOT require that you become Martha Stewart.

If possible get the whole family on board, even if they are not overweight. It really should be a change to a healthy lifestyle. In all honesty it doesn't have to take any more time than eating crappy. There are plenty of pre-packaged healthful foods. Even fruit and veggies can be bought pre-washed and cut up for you.

It may seem like it takes more time at first, but once you get in the swing of it it becomes second nature.