Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #1  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default What to do in Cincinnati/ Indy?

Howdy Chicks. Hope everyone is doing well.

My DS, DSIL and I are flying the coop this weekend, leaving the menfolk alone. We don't know where to go or what to do, but we are considering heading to either Cincinnati or Indy for a couple of nights.

Does anyone know what there is to do in or around either of these cities?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

Carmen -

I have no idea - but I just wanted to say I hope you have a ball whatever you find to do !!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:42 PM   #3  

HI! I live in Cinci. I could suggest a few great restaurants and if it were warmer you could go to the zoo. We have a great art museum. But since it is cold. I suggest going to INDY
Sonya
sag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #4  

I think the home show is still going on this weekend in Indy (at the fair grounds) i know that Art and Soul starts this weekend (great black history artists program) and in monument center they are displaying the colored tropps civil war flag...ok that is the day time stuff

for nighttime fun...holloywood theatre and dinner is fun for just relaxing, they have a restaraunt with amovie theatre combined, so you get to eat dinner while watchign the newest movies. Also Beef and Boards does the same thing but with live theatre...they are showing "I love you, your perfect now change" and then you have the clubs. It's supposed to be a little chilly this weekend, so if you are going downtown to a club, dress a little warmer. We are supposed to be 35-45 for the weekend and they are ussually about 5 degrees more.

Have fun.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #5  
Choc Thunder

Thanks Heather I hope we really do have a good time. We gals need to get away!

Shennie, sounds like fun! Where is Art and Soul? And where are the Hollywood Theater and Beef and Boards located? Do you know off hand? I swear, you have ALL the answers!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, little old me in the one horse town is jealous yet again! Sounds like a lot of fun!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #7  
Choc Thunder

Aww Katie don't feel so bad. Besides, you can come with us if you want!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #8  
Katie

Ya, I'll just tell DH and kids that I am going out for milk, and hop a plane. They will never miss me!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #9  
Choc Thunder

See you Friday morning!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #10  
Katie

Sounds good!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
Thanks Heather I hope we really do have a good time. We gals need to get away!

Shennie, sounds like fun! Where is Art and Soul? And where are the Hollywood Theater and Beef and Boards located? Do you know off hand? I swear, you have ALL the answers!
Art and soul is at the visitor center (the corner of Washington and Illinois-right downtown)

http://www.beefandboards.com/ is the website for beef and boards....they have higher prices...more like going out to the theatre so you can see if you really want this they also have more "elegant" food

http://www.filmworksonline.com/ is regular movies and I love going there. You can also get liquor there they have great deals and the waitresses ctually bring you your meals while you are sitting back watching the movie. It is like being at home and watchign amovie without having to cook the food. they have normal like applebeeish, benagins food choices.

I want to come now!!!

If you are downtown you will find all kinds of free things going on during the day. I was job searchign down there for a while a few years back because it is Chicago without the hustle and a lower cost of living.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:44 PM   #12  
Choc Thunder

Thank you Shennie. I'll see you Friday morning too...

I will suggest Hollywood Theater to the DSis and DSIL. Of the 3 of us, I am the only one who really appreciates traditional theater enough to have bought tickets and dragged DH to shows etc. They like theater, but more of the Madea type plays and plays with titles like "Mama, Will You Please Stop Smacking Me on the Back of the Neck?" (JK, but you know what I mean )

I'm glad you told me exactly where this is, because now I know to also suggest that we stay downtown so that we can check out that Art and Soul. That sounds like it will be right up my alley. Now I'm getting excited to go.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:06 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chklithunder
They like theater, but more of the Madea type plays and plays with titles like "Mama, Will You Please Stop Smacking Me on the Back of the Neck?" (JK, but you know what I mean )

I was a theatre major for a couple years and my family was like “your plays are boring” I love Madea, but I wish people would learn that theatre consist of more than singing about babymamma drama on a stage with overactors.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #14  
Princess Heather

Chklit:

It is supposed to be chilly here in Indy this weekend! Hollywood Bar and Filmworks is great...but do watch out the for the food! Also I would recommend American Caberet as well. They are downtown and always have good shows going on. Not too sure what else is going on this weekend...but if you come this way ENJOY !
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote