Old 02-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #1  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Default Need some support on TOM

I really feel that I need some support during this time, because this time is really hard for me. I feel so emotional that even when I' m writing right now I want to cry. Today I been trying my hardest for not to cheat on the diet because the cravings for cheese and chocolate are killing me and I eat the choco fudge bar and cheese curl. Then I drink like 12 glasses of water and my body wants more. I am a positive person but this time of the month is so hard to stay in track because I feel very anxious. I'M SORRY... I guess that I need to talk...
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Aw, we all have those moments...Im totally pathetic..I was eating a few handfuls of RAISIN BRAN just now..who the heck would want THAT? It tasted so good and I was feeling like, heck,Im gaining anyway, why the heck not?! Dont give in like me though, maybe go to bed early
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  
milkyway

THANKS GIRLS.. I know I can count on you!!! I allways have this moments on TOM since the first time but before Ididn't care because Iwasn't on a diet. I am going to talk to my doctor about this, there have to be some medication for it... I am going to try the coffee and the cocoa or maybe some tea to relax...
Old 02-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #4  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

rad i'm right there with you! Yesterday was SOOOO horrible for me I wanted to eat all the lites I had because i wanted chocolate and anything gooey and sweet I could get my hands on, bit my husbands head off more times than I can count (thank God hes so understanding!) and just felt like lying in my bed and balling. Im hoping today will be easier. I ended up going to bed early lastnight just so I wouldnt go raid the fridge.
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ladies, Try a magnesium supplement when you are nearing TOM. Your body drops very low on 3 vital minerals when you are on your period. They are magnesium (chocolate is full of it), calcuim (get your dairy in and take a supp) and potassium (bananas are full of potassium). Take your supplements, and the cravings are much, much better. When you body has a voracious craving for something, listen to it. Your body is asking you for something that it needs. These are my TOM suggestions:
1- Supplements
2- Bananas for a lot of your fruits
3- Make my favorite PMS buster treat: 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup SF FF ice cream, 1 T SF Hersheys Syrup, and 1 T FF cool whip. F,S,C,C.
4- Be nice to yourself!! This is the time for a good book and a bubble bath, a pedicure, a date with DH, a new shirt, call an old friend, etc.

So sorry you girls are having such a hard time. I get really weepy too. My DH is really good about taking over with the kids so that I can go shopping by myself, or sometimes I just walk across the street to my mom's for some coffee and a good BS session. Also, there is a recipe on the LAWL website for truffles that looks divine. I am making them today, so I will let you know how they turn out.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #6  
Katie

I don't know. Maybe take a supplement also for just a few days to get your levels up. You can buy one supplement that has calcium, magnesium, and malic acid all in one. That is what I take. Man I hate birth control pills for all of the side effects like that. I have an IUD now, and love not having to deal with the extra hormones.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 AM   #7  
plan 2 with lites

Repo, thanks so much for all the ideas! I'm gonna definately try your PMS buster today Just have to run to the store for a couple of the ingredients. I already take a multi, vitamin C, and calcium. My hormones just go through the roof at this time and I cant control my emotions its awful. Im not on BC pills but if I were Id probably turn into the exorsist lol.
Truffles sound delicious... just waiting for my password for the website.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #8  
Katie

Here, I'll post he recipe on the recipe thread.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #9  
milkyway

Repo:
Thanks for the ideas I am going to tell my DH to buy the stuffs on the way home (he's working). Thanks for the support I am in a roller coaster of emotions right now...

Last edited by rad7775; 02-26-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #10  
plan 2 with lites

Thanks Katie for the truffles recipe! Think i need to refrigerate longer than 15 minutes though, took em out to roll them into balls and they painted my hands lol not even close to a firm texture... Ill let em sit a while longer.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #11  

Thumbs up Look at how much thinner you are! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
I really feel that I need some support during this time, because this time is really hard for me. I feel so emotional that even when I' m writing right now I want to cry. Today I been trying my hardest for not to cheat on the diet because the cravings for cheese and chocolate are killing me and I eat the choco fudge bar and cheese curl. Then I drink like 12 glasses of water and my body wants more. I am a positive person but this time of the month is so hard to stay in track because I feel very anxious. I'M SORRY... I guess that I need to talk...

Think about how far you've come! Don't look back now. You are on your way!
Gwenwantsthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenwantsthin
Think about how far you've come! Don't look back now. You are on your way!
Gwen
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #13  
milkyway

Hey Gwen Welcome and thank you for the support!!!