Trying to stay OP while sick

• Well ladies - I've had the worst few days in a long time. DD was sick I was sick and you know how those kids like to cling on Mommy when they don't feel good - OMG - I thought I was going to die. During the past few days - I really did good staying OP - well at least eating OP foods, but not everything - just couldn't swallow very well.

So this posed a few questions - I love having tomato soup when I'm sick or don't feel good - I know low sodium would've not been too too bad, but are there any other options? I had 2 cans of soup sitting on the counter last night for dinner and I kept staring at the sodium content - the lowest I could find was 780 for 1/2 a can!!!! I just couldn't break down and do it. I even broke down the soup I was going to have - it had beef, mushrooms and rice - P,V,S - and it was broth based too - but I just changed my mind...I ended up having a WW pita pocket with tuna and mayo......I couldn't taste anything anyways......

Any suggestions ideas about soups? things to eat when your sick? I even broke down on Friday and had a CC - PB and jelly sandwich - and it was sooooooo good!!!! I needed soft things.....Just wondering what you ladies do -
  • glad you feel a little better. as ar a s soup, I can only say to make your own and freeze it for later...I have never found a low enough sodim soup
  • hmmm, didn't think of that - I do have the LS V8 juice - maybe I will try that...
  • You could make a thin white sauce with 1 cup skim milk, a dab of butter and flour, and add a small can of low sodium tomato sauce. Season with garlic powder, pepper, and Mortons.
  • Yeah, no kidding. This sounds so good, I may have to make it soon!
  • Wow ladies - thanks for the ideas - this sounds yummy!!