3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Water!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/74363-water.html)

baems04 01-27-2006 09:55 AM

Water!?

I can not tolerate the taste of water (yes it has a taste!). I got yelled at by the lady from my center :devil: , saying that I have to be drinking 64 oz. of water. I drink maybe 24-48 oz -that would be pushing it as well. I can drink it if I put a little bit of Crystal Light in it, lemon and lime do not work. How do you all handle the drinking requirement?

Chklithunder 01-27-2006 09:57 AM

Try adding either some vanilla flavoring and/or a couple of sugarfree peppermints to your water bottle. It will help some.

Carmen

Mom_of_3_Monsters 01-27-2006 10:29 AM

Have you tried buying different brands of bottled water ? Maybe you will come across a "taste" you like ???

shennie_97 01-27-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baems04
I can not tolerate the taste of water (yes it has a taste!). I got yelled at by the lady from my center :devil: , saying that I have to be drinking 64 oz. of water. I drink maybe 24-48 oz -that would be pushing it as well. I can drink it if I put a little bit of Crystal Light in it, lemon and lime do not work. How do you all handle the drinking requirement?

how long have you been OP?
I ask this because i hated water too, proabl more than you, I would go thirsty before drinking water and I thought i would never be able to do it and somehow 4 months later i can get my 64 oz in before lunch. (Most of my friends still think I am lying about drinking water and just "fake it" when they are around...that is how bad my water intake useto be)

try it luke warm, that is what worked for me. I still hate the taste of cold water and order luke warm water in restaurants.

Once you can get it in your bady will crave it and it will get easier, but you have to force yourself first. I started off with setting mini-goals, like 8 oz before i can have each meal. Also don't get a huge 64 oz jug and go for it lookign at it. It is very intimidating. I used my DS's old "baby" cups that were 8 oz and I just drank 8 a day. (6 before each meal and of course I would get thirsty at the meal and that would take care of the rest)

also try not to let yourself have any other liqiuds for a while except water. While I still had my diet mountain dew I had a reason to not drink the water. I had to "force" myself by not drinking anything else.

You can do it. I still have the same 12 pack of diet mountain dew in my cabinet that my co-workers bought me at my goign away party in September (maybe have had about 4-6 of them) just do it. You had to make a choice to eat healthy and that wasn't the easiet thing, but now you see that it works, this will be abother one. You CAN NOT loose properly without the water.

tobetheman 01-27-2006 11:22 AM

I hated drinking it too. I swear I only used to drink like 2 pure cups -8oz. - like every week but mostly I drank like 2 cups only every 3 weeks. Then one day I started drinking a lot more. I got sick running for the restroom. I tried it again and now I had no negatives, but in truth I took immodium a few hours before to even out. It worked, cause i kept drinking water for a few weeks (no no more immodium) and my stomach handled it great. It was only until yesterday that I got dehydrated and drank 2 cups way after that fact that I got sick. Dehydration will do that to u. I plan to keep up the water amounts from now on. The only thing I am don't agree with is that it all needs to be pure water. I was drinking it that way but I think u should be able to mix stuff into it at least half the time to get ur requirements. I am just to lazy to mix it I guess.

StargazerJMK 01-27-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom_of_3_Monsters
Have you tried buying different brands of bottled water ? Maybe you will come across a "taste" you like ???

I have a question about bottled water. The local grocery store (Safeway) sells bottled water with a bit of flavoring in it. It's carbonated, no cals, no sugar, no sodium... is that an acceptable alternative to plain water? I can drink that flavored stuff by the gallon. :)

brittyboo07 01-27-2006 12:21 PM

According to the beverages section in my plan (red) you can have up to 24 oz daily of Water, Calorie-free, natuarlly flavored so i would be willing to bet that doesnt count towards your water intake however you can substitue seltzer, sodium-free plain for your fresh water and have 64 oz of that. hope that helps

vibrantecho 01-27-2006 01:29 PM

Baems - water IS important to WL, not to mention overall health. I don't HATE water, but I AM very particular about the taste. I've tried nearly every brand of bottled water out there and have come up with only a couple that I can stand well enough to drink in quantity (one of them WOULD have to be Evian! $$$$ :dizzy: ). I agree with Mary and Norrissa - either find something else to put in your mouth that will mask the taste, and/or keep trying different kinds until you find one you can live with. And as Shennie said - once you start drinking it regularly, your body WILL start to crave it! I find my lips dry out and crack almost instantly if I start to slack off on my water consumption.

baems04 01-27-2006 03:18 PM

Thanks so much for all the replies, you're all so great! To answer some of the questions... I tried nearly every type of water, (i've been dieting for years and years and it has come up before) the only one that I can tolerate even with the crystal light is Deer Park. The others all have that "taste". My conclusion: Good Water is No Water! But on the other hand I have to start liking it and drinking it. The lady from the center said flavored water is a no-no. Any other liquids do not count towards the 64oz. I will try some of the suggestions and let you all know how it goes... (going gum shopping later tonight- hehe- any particular one you can recommend?)
Again I just want to thank everyone for their responses :cp: ... I'm sure i'll be back with more question in no time.

~D

Gymgurl 01-28-2006 08:21 AM

try some crystal light if that helps you....i think you drinking the water willout weigh any effects the crystal light could possibly have...

lagirl2254 01-28-2006 06:39 PM

news about water

Great news for all of you non-water girls out there. LA has a product coming out soon and might be in some of your centers already (and sadly may not ever be availible in some centers) that you can add to your water and it will flavor it and still count it as part of your 64.

Gamababa3 01-28-2006 07:39 PM

Then why couldn't we just drink Crystal light and have it count as the same. I've been on other programs that you can drink both as long as your getting the 64 oz in. I just feel it's another product for them to sell us at a very high price. I love LAWL but every thing is so much more expensive and most of us can't afford the extras.