Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #1  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I dont know it this CAN be answered here...

Hi All! I have done alot of poking around here today and I can't seem to find the answer to this particular question, other than for the category of protein:

Is there a guideline anywhere as to what constitutes a "serving"? I've seen lots of places on this forum that says that protein serving is 3-4 ozs (raw v. cooked) but what about fruit, veggies, starch, fats...

If that is not allowed to be directly answered, here is another question: can I use the basic information found on the "exchange program" lists?

thanks in advance

~ flamanette ~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Well, if you were following the Metabolic Research Center guidelines, a serving of protein (well, depends on your plan and your weight), but on the META-SLIM plan, a serving is 4 oz (or 6 oz if you weigh over 200 lbs).

As for
Veggies -- 4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw
Starches -- 40 calories per serving
Fruits -- examples -- 1 small apple, 2 med apricots, 3/4 cup strawberries, 1 med tangerine (to name a few)
Fats -- 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil or canola oil (per day)
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Are you talking about LAWL? If so-the serving sizes vary-that's where you need the books and yes, we aren't allowed to post the pdfs of the books on here.

I'm not sure if someone can sum it up concisely for you or not. The books are available on ebay i guess. Or you can just ask about specific things and over time-you'll get them all.

Veggies (I think-it's been awhile)-are 1 cup raw or 1/2 cooked. 10 baby carrots.

Fruit-1 small banana. Other fresh-1 med piece of fruit. 1 c. berries.

Starches: 1 slice lite bread. 1/2 bagel. 1/2 sm. potato. 1/3 cup rice.

Fats: 1 tbl lite mayo, 1 tbls pb . . .

These are all off the top of my head-forgive me for any mistakes.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #4  
closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Are you talking about LAWL? If so-the serving sizes vary-that's where you need the books and yes, we aren't allowed to post the pdfs of the books on here.

I'm not sure if someone can sum it up concisely for you or not. The books are available on ebay i guess. Or you can just ask about specific things and over time-you'll get them all.

Veggies (I think-it's been awhile)-are 1 cup raw or 1/2 cooked. 10 baby carrots.

Fruit-1 small banana. Other fresh-1 med piece of fruit. 1 c. berries.

Starches: 1 slice lite bread. 1/2 bagel. 1/2 sm. potato. 1/3 cup rice.

Fats: 1 tbl lite mayo, 1 tbls pb . . .

These are all off the top of my head-forgive me for any mistakes.
Yes, I was talking about LAWL! I tried it a long time ago after I watched a co-worker successfully lose about 80 lbs. I remember that I found a ton of stuff to print out and I think it was on a Yahoo Group or something....not positive. I can't for the life of me figure out where to find it now. I mean, there must have been each color book in those files; there was "quick/jump start" stuff; and I even remember the "Take Off" plan being in those files. I printed out everything. This was about 4 years ago maybe?

OK so you can't post the .pdf files here; BUT: I have read posts where ppl have emailed each other plans and files. Is that still allowed? If so:

mommy_dot_com at yahoo dot com <----- I have seen ppl do that so I hope that is still OK.

I figured that posting the exact amounts would be a no-no of some kind. I have since decided that I really like the looks of the exchange system. Like I said, I did tons of poking around here today and I got a whole lot of useful information. I think what I am going to end up doing is using the exchange lists, but eat according to the color/number plan of LAWL.

I guess I should post some sort of introduction....

~ flamanette ~

Last edited by Flamanette; 09-23-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #5  

I sent it to you. Let me know if you receive it. Good luck!
fit40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #6  
closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit40 View Post
I ended up getting what I needed. Thanks!

~flamanette~
Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #7  

Quote:
Could you send it to me too? Would REALLY appreciate it.

I did LAWL 7 years ago and have been on other plans since, with varying levels of success. I need to break through a wall and feel LAWL breakdown would help. I'm 5'6, 290 lbs (was 350 once upon a time). I remember being on Red or Red plus? I can't find the full range of plans on ebay. Any help would be wonderful.

send to anonymit at aol d o t com
FutureFitLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #8  

If I remember, we calculated a full protein exchange as P and a half as p. Full/P was 8 oz chicken or pork, 7 oz fish, 5 oz fatty fish or beef, half/p was half as much. I can't remember how many eggs served as protein amounts though.
FutureFitLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #9  

Quote:
Hi! My name is Cierra and I did LAWL when I was 15, and it really worked for me. I want to go back to doing it but I don't have my stuff anymore, and I was on orange (teenagers) anyway so I'd need to be on gold now. I've been all over this website looking for answers, and I've realized the only way to get it is to have someone send me a pdf. Is there any way you could help me with this? It would be so greatly appreciated, I can't even put it into words. email is Aiedail776 @ gmail dot com
aiedail776 is offline   Reply With Quote