Old 01-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Question Newbie has a question

Hi ladies, I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts and they have helped me immensely. My question is this...When I started LAWL my COD started me on the gold plan with lites (I have about 40# to lose total). When I told them I would not be doing the lites they switched me to purple w/no lites. I was told that since I was switched I couldn't go back and forth in other words I would never be able to do the bars unless I switched to a different plan (back to gold). They are big lite pushers at my COD by the way. Ok getting back to the point . There are some nights (after 7) when I workout at Contours Express (it is a chain gym kinda like Curves) I was wondering if I wanted to have a Luna bar with my mid PM snack how would I count it. I wouldn't dare tell my center that I wanted to add any kind of protien bars with great fear of being talked down to. Ok sorry I'm rambling again . Would I count a Luna bar as a Starch and a Protien or a Starch and a Fruit or a Protien and a Fruit etc...? Thanks so much in advance for any light you can shed on this subject for me.

Julia
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  

I thought it was a starch and a fruit....but I'm not sure....I know mine are huge lite pushers and if you don't buy them they treat you different
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I think Gymgurl is right. My first guess was a starch and a fruit.
I see you're from Virginia Beach, Julie...our corporate office is there so I've visited a few times.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Didn't know that either - but thanks for the info - So, let's say if we do the lites on our program - what if we have an extra one - would it just be counted as 1S and 1F in that scenario too? Probably , but just wanted to ask -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #5  

hi Julia,

im not to sure on what you would count it as, but i am starting to thing that i am really lucky to have the center i do. I am going in for WI in a couplke of hours and i will ask for you, my girls are great at the center. I have changed plans often, includin swithing from using bars, to not using them, then just one a day, but now im back onto 2 a day, to help my sweet cravings. i know that you can have a extra biscotti or something else everyonce in awhile on the plan as long as you count it. But i would think it would be a fruit and a starch.

i will ask and post here, when i get back

angela
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #6  

Thanks Angela
Old 01-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #7  
LA counselor

I would count as PSF to be safe by that's just me. Really couldn't tell you as they're not on plan.
lagirl2254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #8  

Protein, starch and a fruit? That would be way to high in calories.......
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #9  

That's exactly what happened to me - I was put on Gold, but when I told them no lites, they put me on purple.

What I did was just continue to follow gold and eat my own bars. Then I just fibbed a bit in the purple journal. So if you still have the gold plan, just do that on the days you have the bars.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #10  

slimmerKim,

I do the SAME thing
mnpeach00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmerKim
That's exactly what happened to me - I was put on Gold, but when I told them no lites, they put me on purple.

What I did was just continue to follow gold and eat my own bars. Then I just fibbed a bit in the purple journal. So if you still have the gold plan, just do that on the days you have the bars.
Thanks slimmerKim! Now why didn't I think of that