Old 01-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #1  

Default LAWL counselors

Does anyone have any idea how much counselors at LA Weight Loss earn?
I know it's some kind of base wage + commission.

I was curious as I'm been thinking about applying at a center to be one, once I'm 100% done losing my weight. I've lost almost 70lbs now (about 30 left to go) doing LA on my own (without ever having gone into the centre). I think it would be great to inspire others with lots to lose - as it can be done!

I know when I was on Jenny Craig in the past, it would have been helpful for me to have had a counselor that actually had dieted before, or weighed more than 110lbs soaking wet
skinni_minni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #2  

I have no idea...I used to work for WW and you got paid per class and how much merchandise was sold....I think there are some counselors on here
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

I have no idea, but there is a counselor that posts on here on occasion - maybe you could send her a pm - she just posted today in the thread "Like starting over" I think it was....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

her name is JoyUvette
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #5  

Default LAWL counselors

Wonderful, thanks for the help ladies!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #6  

Saw an ad in our paper needing LAWL counselors, $30,000 a year was mentioned. Don't know if that is the base price, I do know they push for sales as they get a commission.

Rosie
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #7  

I really think the 30K was an up to amount, with how they push products I would think closer to 20-25K. My DBF was in sales, still is, but he doesn't do the hard selling commission stuff anymore.
But anyway he does recall hearing about LAWL hiring when his company laid off about 2 years ago and said they paid really low, but also didn't have any degree requirements or anything, and to pay in the 20's in chicago is extremely low.
i do however, think ti si a great thing for someone who just wants to help and do it as a part-time job, just as long as you don't turn into a heavy product pusher and i wouldn't mention doing LAWL on your own to them. They don't care for your kind to much
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #8  

I applied with them a little over a year ago and had a phone interview...if I recall, the base pay was $9.00/hr + commission (don't remember if she told me what the commission structure was...I do remember that she was highly offended that I even asked about the pay scale, lol).
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Really? I can't stand employers who act like they are really put out to have to pay their employees. My old boss would always tell me what a sacrifice it was to him and his family to pay me so much. I hated him!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #10  

Thanks for the tips Shennie, for sure I won't say I did it on my own - LOL, no doubt they would have preferred I was in-centre. I think it has more to do with motivation, you have to be in the right place in your life where you'll willing to make that 100% commitment to a goal - be it at the center or on your own. Not to say that I'm good 100% of the time, but I'm committed, the next day I get right back on that horse and keep riding even if the day before didn't go so well.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #11  

It would be a interesting job...but I don't know if I could push the products....I'm not a pushy person...and they are not all that great
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #12  
LAWL Center Manager

Default LAWL Counselor Wages

Hi There!

The salaries for counselors differ a little depending on the geographic location and whether the center is part of the corporate or franchise organization. Counselors make a base salary of $8 - $11 per hour, plus commission. The commission structures vary a lot. Managers are generally paid somewhere between $400 and $700 per week as a base salary, plus commission. I know some managers who have made less than $30K per year, while I also know others who earn close to $70K per year. There are really a lot of factors to consider.

When you visit your center, ask the Center Manager for details and get contact information for your Regional Manager. This is the person who would know all the job opportunities in your area.

Good luck!

P. S. - It's a WONDERFUL and FUN job!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #13  
LAWL Center Manager

Oh yeah...I almost forgot one of the largest perks.

Most centers grant 50% off all the products for the employees! Some even offer free products to them if they are willing to stay on the plan! That's DEFINITELY WORTH IT!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #14  

Awesome, thank JoyUvette for the info. I'm not wanting to do it so-much for the money, but just to help others who struggled like I have. I have a degree and a lot of work experience in communications - so they may toss out my resume, but I figure - why not give it a shot.

Thanks for the encouragement!