Baked Fries question- ? spices to use

• What all spices are good on them - How exactly do you slice them - kind of like potato wedges?

and one more - should you bake at 350 until crispy?

Thanks
  • I measure out 4 oz of raw potato, slice them fairly thin, so I get more, and spray the pan and the potatoes lightly with Pam. After they are golden brown I pull them out of the oven, salt with Mortons, and squeeze lime over them. I know Deets said she used Adobo, and I don't know what else.
  • I put garlic, pepper and salt on mine before I stick in the oven and them stick in the oven to cook. Don't think I even pay attention to the temp, just toss a little to make sure they saty brown evenly.
  • I use Adobo seasoning and pam...today I just used onion powder, Mortons Light and paprika, as they are cooking, not afterwards. I slice my potato in quarters lengthwise and make thin fries, although you can do wedges, or whatever you like. I broil for about 8 minutes. Hope this helps.
  • Well - Thanks for all the suggestions - they were appreciated. My fries didn't turn out too well - or what I should say is that they didn't get done before dinner. I didn't broil them - so maybe that is why - I tried to slice them as thin as possible. I think they would've been better if I would have diced or sliced like pot. chips - I don't know. Next time - I will just put them in the oven 20 mins before dinner. As far as the tex mex dinner - it turned out great.
    I crubled the ground turkey with cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and some MLS. Then put the cheese on to make gooey. I put some lettuce with the green onions and cilantro and then made the dressing with the salsa and ff sour cream - it was wonderful. I think next time I will add some more spices - since this was my first time - didn't want to over power it....Thanks ladies for all the suggestions....
  • I tried this..and I love it...and my husband loves it....which is suprising. Some turned at extra crispy and some were a little soft..but the Baked Potatoe Fries were really good....thanks for the idea!!
  • Im going to try these tomorrow night with Turkey Burgers !!!!
  • Have you tried Morning Star Burgers?? They are pretty good too....
  • I dont remember if i have or not .... but i will be using the Jenny-O turkey burgers (trying them for the first time).
  • Sounds like a good dinner. I'm trying a Parmasean Chix receipe that I found on here.
  • Britt - I like the Jenny O Turkey burgers. They are well seasoned. Sounds like a good dinner. Let me know what you think of them.