Old 01-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #1  

Default New to this site- just started LAWL

hi everyone!
I am 36 years old, married with 2 kids and am GOING to lose 80 pounds.

I am almost done with my second day of Take-Off. It sucked for me because I HATED - no- LOATHED the juice. I have no idea why. So I eneded uo eating cantalope after lunchtime yesterday. Then I am a HUGE carb addict and I really am not a meat eater, so i am so sick of the allowed food on these two days I actually would rather go hungery than eat dinner! I had a small salad. I am so looking forward to eating more "normal" food tomorrow and the bars.I am so happy I found this board since I know no-one who is doing LAWL right now. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
tfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hi Come over to the monthly thread, thats where everyone is Im afraid to tell you that there is not an abundance of processed carbs on this plan, protein and vegs/fruit are definitely a huge part of it...did they explain this to you when you signed up?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #3  

Foster

Please join us on the monthly thread
like deets said their aren't an abundance of carbs allowed on this plan but you can still get in your pasta, bread, potato, rice, corn...just in controlled portions

I am sure you will be a LAWL pro in no time. Congrats on making it through day 1 of TO and you will make it through today so for you
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #4  

Hi,
The first time I had the juice, I hated it. I've since been on the take off again, and what I did was put the days portion in a big waterbottle (like a nalgyne bottle) and then water it down a bit more than what you are supposed to. That helped me out. And I found drinking the juice at room temperature was better than it being fridge cold.
Hope that helps!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #5  

Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome and the tips! I know there aren't a lot of carbs on the plan- but just being able to eat fruit and SOME carbs is so much better. I need to train myself not to eat so many barbs anyhow. I was eating almost ALL carbs every day. BAD!! I am so happy today since I ate grapefruit for breakfast. YUMMM!! I will join you over in the monthly thread. I assume it's the January 2006 thread?/ Thanks guys!!
tfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #6  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Please do come over and join us on the monthly thread !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote