Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default Staying at same weight question

For the last two weeks, my weight hasn't changed. What could be going on? I'm following my plan correctly and eating what I'm suppose to, but no weight is coming off. When I was TOM earlier this month I lost 5 pounds, then the week after gained two pounds back, now nothing. I'm on the Purple plan with lites. Any suggestions you may have in to why no weight is coming off, I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks ladies.
Want2BeASkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My COD says that when you hit a plateau, your body is doing some major changing inside (downsizing on extra stuff you don't need anymore) and that as soon as your body is done, you will start losing again. Is this BS to make me happy? I do not know. Makes sense though. Good luck!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #3  

I hate to say it, but plateau seems to be my middle name, sometimes -- but then I'm rewarded with a fairly big loss.

I just got a plateau buster sheet from my COD - have they suggested that to you?

Also, you can try to switch around the times you eat things - try to get your starches in the early part of the day --

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #4  
LAWL Center Manager

Everyone hits plateaus every now and then. Especially with women, it's almost unavoidable. Here are two plateau breaks that REALLY work...

1) Do the Take Off plan and use at least 16 oz of lemon water each day. The fresh lemon acts as a natural diuretic to rid your body of water weight.

2) Do a strict Plateau Break as we call it in our Center. Ask your counselor for a copy of the OLD plan. Then, for five days, do the following...
- Drink 10 glasses of water
- No frozen foods
- No condiments
- No fast food
- No limited starches
- No limited proteins
- No diet sodas
This will force your body to begin burning stored fat, but still keeps your metabolism going. It generally works like a charm!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Are you exercising? Losing weight is the simple math of burning more calories than what you are taking in, and exercise is extremely important to burning fat and maintaining muscle. How is your exercise plan going?

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote